Extends the Medium writer interface to quickly create and edit Github Gists, without having to leave the editor.
Features -------- - Adds a button in the text toolbar for creating a new Gist and adding it to the post. - Gists can be created as either public or secret (unlisted). - Double click on an existing Gist to edit or delete it. - Deleting a gist will remove both the embed from the post and the gist from your account. To only remove the embed, just click on it and press the delete key as usual. - Syntax highlighting for the most popular programming languages thanks to react-ace! - Fixes the height of the Gists in the editor, to display them without being cut and without the extra padding (https://github.com/Maluen/code-medium/issues/3). Authorizing the application -------- This extension uses the GitHub Gist API to create and edit gists, this means that you'll have to authorize the OAuth application for the "gist" permission. Once the extension is installed, toggle the extension modal by clicking the toolbar button or by double clicking on an existing gist to show the login button. Known Limitations -------- Gists composed of multiple files aren't fully supported: - Currently, only single-file gists can be created. - When double clicking on an existing multi-file gist, only the first file will show up in the modal. However, you can still edit that file normally and delete the whole gist.
- (2020-09-05) Julio Lima: Aewsome, congratulations! You should receive a prize or a job prom Medium.
- (2020-07-25) dominic tobias: Medium's default code block is appalling even if syntax hilighting isn't important, but using gists is pretty painful. This just works and makes it a breeze. Thanks for the hard work.
- (2020-07-15) Kristof Boghe: Great work, Manuel!
- (2020-04-13) abhishek neema: This extension is not adding ipynb notebook into medium. The code in not visible after embedding.
- (2020-03-02) nick bullock: Great extension for tech blogging.
- (2020-02-17) Daniel Olshansky: This is amazing! A must if you plan to embed code in your medium articles.
- (2020-02-13) Josiah Coad: Amazing! Great work!
- (2020-01-29) 한유덕: It's really awesome extension to developers.
- (2019-12-20) Pierre-Nicolas Mougel: Very nice extension for technical articles
- (2019-10-18) Arian Acosta: This makes my blogging experience on Medium much better. Great idea!
- (2019-08-18) georgeseif: It just hangs on the GitHub log in before you start it up
- (2019-04-24) Matthew Bajorek: Works just like expected! Super handy for writing code posts.
- (2019-03-09) Evgenia Karunus: Works great, now it's much more comfortable to use Medium for me.
- (2019-01-13) jesse heaslip: The default code blocks on Medium are uninspiring, this extension makes the process of adding (and more importantly updating) Gists way simpler. Great idea.
- (2020-04-13, v:0.5.2) abhishek neema: Regarding ipynb notebook
After adding the ipynb notebook through this extension, it is not displaying the content of cell, its blank. Please can you suggest something.