☞ utf8 characters is an extension that contains a list of cool characters ☆ ✪ ✰ to copy and paste into your messages ❀ on sites that use utf, like twitter or wordpress ☺ ✓ ➩ I ❤ ☕ with chrome in the ☔ ☺☻ Warning: only for modern Operating Systems. Approximately 80% of the characters appear in Windows 7 and 10% on Windows XP. 100% in most Linux distributions. code: http://github.com/codexico/UTF-8-Chrome-Extension Firefox Extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/utf8-characters/ These are only a sample, it's really hard for the device to render so many fonts! They appear depending on the fonts installed on the system, if you want more you can try to download this fonts: BabelStone Han http://www.babelstone.co.uk/Fonts/Han.html Quivira http://www.quivira-font.com/ Deja Vu http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/Main_Page Unicode Fonts for Ancient Scripts http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/ Code2000 http://www.fontspace.com/james-kass/code2000 WAZU JAPAN's Gallery of Unicode Fonts http://www.wazu.jp/gallery/views/View_MPH2BDamase.html All about utf: The Unicode Consortium http://www.unicode.org/
- (2019-05-07) Charlie: Does not show correctly on Vivaldi- Browser. OK on Chrome.
- (2018-04-11) Yuri Cherio: Make it searchable by unicode character name. As of now it is much faster to google "thumb up unicode" than to visually find it on your popup.
- (2017-09-03) Matt Hopewell: So far no issues! Now that I have a Chromebook, it is great to have this as I need to constantly add symbols and characters into Google Doc files that I am reviewing and grading. ✓ for a teacher. :)
- (2017-05-31) Mark Guzdial: I wanted to use it to type umlauts and accents, and never figured out how to use it for that. Seems to mostly be good for typing emoji and unsual/fun characters.
- (2016-12-25) Piotr Żółtowski: It's nice, but missing some features: – Settings, where the default opened category can be changed, etc., – More symbols for the category, – More categories and/or subcategories. For now, it's very nice and a lot of characters (90-95% I think) are seen on Windows 10 (in newest Chrome v55, where I'm publishing this review).
- (2016-04-28) Tigirl'sCreativelyNamed OCAccount: This is beyond amazing. I was expecting less then half of what was provided. This extension has alchemical symbols, old and middle English letters, and even CUNEIFORM. It has freaking cuneiform.
- (2016-03-27) Trey Rohm: I thought it wasn't working, but apparently you have to hold down the mouse button on the extension icon for a bit for it to register and load the dialog with all the characters. The interface is very clumsy, though as it doesn't give you the ability to toggle a section off, just on. And the characters I want most (international characters take years of searching through all the clutter). Not practical in my opinion. Sorry. However, if you just want quick access to thousands of cutesy, useless emoticons, then this may be the extension for you.
- (2016-02-16) David Moore: I click on the extension, nothing happens. This extension apparently does absolutely nothing. Weird. Sorry, but 1 star for 0 functionality. Edit: Using Google Chrome Version 48.0.2564.109 (64-bit).
- (2015-06-20) I wish it worked better. I have the DejaVu fonts installed and yet, I see a lot of 😉 not recognized characters on my Windows 7 Home Premium machine
- (2015-02-12) Hoshi Risu: what I wanted but there should be buttons to insert not copy and paste
- (2014-12-11) Scott Thomson: It would be great if you could change the default group that opens up. As it is now, "fun" emoticons open first and you have to scroll through all of that and then click on Latin to get to simple accented Characters.
- (2014-03-26) Anna H: Umm, app won't show up.
- (2014-02-28) Does not seem to be working on Chromebook, at least not on my q029wm.(HP Chromebook 14 w/LTE)
- (2014-01-08) Zachary Ryan: Works as said, cannot complain!
- (2013-10-24) Alexander Pynna: ✮✮✮✮✮ =)
- (2013-02-10) Neil Barrett: Very handy extension. Am I imagining it or is there a slight blue tinge to the background of the characters when I copy them into google docs?
- (2012-10-25) Mariano Iannuzzi: Okay and useful extension. It would be great to see a tab with greek characters as well.