Decodes Base64 strings. Highlight the string and right-click.
This is a tiny extension that does just one thing: Decodes Base64 strings. To use, simply highlight the string you wish to decode, right-click it, and select 'Base64 Decode'. Note: depending on the structure of the page, decoding the string may cause some funny formatting issues. Refresh the page to restore structure/formatting.
- (2021-08-06) Leon Saunders: Great extension!
- (2020-09-11) Davey Flacko: Does exactly what it is supposed to and efficiently.
- (2018-04-14) Matt J. Sherman: Does the job.
- (2018-01-22) dafzor: Works as advertised but on sites with dark backgrounds the white background highlight can not only be overly bright but also hard to read due to low contrast with font color. Would have been preferable to not highlight the converted string.
- (2016-08-16) Brian Nakamoto: It would be awesome if this extension could identify and decode all discontinuous base64 strings on a page. Otherwise, it works as advertised in Chrome for macOS. Links don't have to be highlighted; simply right-click to decode. Thanks!
- (2015-07-22) Would be more helpful if it could decode base64 strings in the Chrome inspector as well.
- (2013-04-15) Doug David: Does one thing and does it well. No 'buttons' to deal with. Love that it decodes inline and allows copy of results.