The easiest way to identify fonts on web pages.
What is the easiest way to find out the fonts used in a webpage? Firebug and Webkit Inspector are easy enough to use for developers. However, for others, this should not be necessary. With this extension, you could inspect web fonts by just hovering on them. It is that simple and elegant. It also detects the services used for serving the web fonts. Supports Typekit and Google Font API. Recommended by Wired WebMonkey, Lifehacker, and SwissMiss. Feedback: Email: [email protected] Twitter: @chengyinliu (http://twitter.com/chengyinliu) More info: http://chengyinliu.com/whatfont.html ——————————————————————————— History: • 2.1.0 - A new design thanks to Siddharth Mate • 2.0.3 - Retina toolbar icon • 2.0.2 - Fix option page for button styles • 2.0.1 - Use native screen capturer • 2.0 - Improved sharing • 1.7 - Added font services detection for FontDeck (Thanks to Mark Perkins) - Improved font detecting algorithm - Improved overall performance • 1.6.1 - Added color detection for text • 1.6 - Added a tweet button for instant sharing through Twitter - Improved style reseting • 1.5 - Overall restyling • 1.4.4 - Supported light icon for dark themes • 1.4.3 - Fixed a bug related to Typekit service detection • 1.4.2 - Reduced loading time - Supported HTTPS protocol • 1.4.1 - Fixed stylesheet bug • 1.4 - Restructured source code - Supported font services detection for Typekit and Google Font API - Fixed toolbar button bug. Second click is now "Exit WhatFont"
- (2022-08-01) Darryl Edwards: App is OK but find it unusual that I can't examine font via the right click menu on the page. It's not good UX to access from a menu within a menu. Even if I pin to taskbar, it's not as accessible as it would be via right click on the page. Uninstalled and installed "Find Font" instead
- (2022-07-31) Jennifer Reed: I design Word documents and often visit my clients' websites to get a feel for their design preferences. Previously, I had to go through rigamarole: clicking F12 and digging through the source code. It was difficult because I had no idea what I was doing. Using the WhatFont extension is so easy! Click it and hover over the text on the page. That's it. It also displays the font weight, size, and even the color (so helpful). I highly recommend this extension to anyone wanting to know what fonts are used on websites.
- (2022-07-28) prinny cupcakes: hmm extension seems to be good & working.. not too sure about all the virus problems.. anyone can confirm again? i've had the app for many years
- (2022-07-07) Mounir El-Abbas: Comes freshly packed with a virus Do not download. It comes with a browser-redirect feature that is not welcome.
- (2022-06-25) Jules the Boombox Zombie: It helps me locate where my favorite fonts are and the ones exclusively used in the Starfall.com website (e.g. Starfall Block).
- (2022-06-15) Matthew Cirola: Works great
- (2022-05-19) UPAN Fry Pan: This works well I have been using it for a few years and has proven a excellent tool in getting the font and text spacing right
- (2022-05-12) Krystal Hudson: Doesn't work. I have tried to use it 101 times and not once has it worked.
- (2022-04-26) On Game: Nice, thank you!
- (2022-04-21) Boogiepop: Amazing, this one is a must for every web developer! 🔥❤️🙏
- (2022-04-16) Freedom Wings: I badly want this font ID extension, but it doesn't work for me in Chrome, except ONLY on the dev's test page :P. On all other webpages, when I click on the extension, all that happens is the menu drops down. If there is a known issue that stops it from working, this should be listed on the dev's website. If someone can please respond to tell me how to get this to work, I'll change my rating. I want to love it. Thanks! :) Update: Rating upgraded from 1 to 3 stars -- Had to uninstall and reinstall. Only then did refreshing the page work for 2 out of 5 webpages, but not on the 3 others. Is this extension restricted on certain types of webpages? Helpful Input would be appreciated. Thanks! :) (Also, on some webpages, the font ID bubble is so far below the font pointer, that if the font is near the bottom of the page, then you can't see the ID bubble because it drops out of site.)
- (2022-04-14) 1118_Hafiz Sakib: How to use it? It didn't hovered anything on mouse pointer
- (2022-04-06) Abdul Mubeen: Amazing tool. Works perfectly
- (2022-04-05) Ahmad ALi: Its Good but did not tell the Letter Spacing . Please add this feature as well. Thanks
- (2022-04-04) Janis Peipins: very good
- (2022-03-18) Michele Rumi: Amazing, especially love that it also gives the color and so much other info
- (2022-03-06) Máté Kuna: Wasnt disappointed there is an addon even like this for chrome! After clicking the addon icon it instantly shows font name, and more details as well!
- (2022-03-01) Rahul Hasan: i think its a great and lightweight plugin...
- (2022-02-23) Fynn: Doesn't seem to do anything . . . except read my information on all websites.
- (2022-02-23) Samuli Asmala: BEWARE OF MALWARE! When I modified my Google search results this extension always forwarded me to searchwithpure.com. After removing this extension the problem disappeared.
- (2022-02-13) SoloSlater: Works very good. Fonts are cool
- (2022-02-09) Anthony Tumiwa: it's not really accurate, i got some wrong identification
- (2022-02-03) Marta Rabadan: A aquellos que no os funciona, seguramente tenéis que reiniciar el navegador. Una vez reiniciado clickais en el botón de la extensión y funciona guay.
- (2022-02-02) Dinesh Gupta: What if the developer has changed the font-family name in the css?
- (2022-01-30) Jinka Rakesh: If anyone feels like it's not working , just click extension icon once and click on text you want to recognize, if it doesn't work yet. Just refresh the page. Click on extension icon again to exit whatFont. Now, the extension stops working in background reading website data.(Last sentence for people with privacy issues.)
- (2022-01-22) Hiệp Nguyên: Hay lỗi
- (2022-01-18) Eric Liphardt: Installed Malware on my Mac - beware! When turned on this extension tried to download .js files from a site called funsource.net every time I did a Google search. Caught by my antivirus. Uninstall!
- (2022-01-16) Arty: No sirve!
- (2022-01-13) Danielle Miller: it doesn't work. Some spammer is going to call me a liar misspelled, but it just doesn't work, regardless of refreshing, clicking the extension, hovering, trying to see if there's a setting off, or what. It just doesn't work.
- (2022-01-11) Ntsoalalaina Ralijohn: Worked perfectly! This will save a lot of time and hassle. Thanks
- (2021-12-27) Lee Moreau: Doesn't work at all. It only works on their test page, any other page clicking the icon just opens a dropdown and does nothing. Uninstalling since it's GARBAGE.
- (2021-12-14) Alireza Rostaminia: Amazing but the logo doesn't be synced with Auto Dark/Light mode on MacOS. Would you please fix this?
- (2021-12-12) Didigo Moreira: Simplesmente incrível!
- (2021-11-21) Marshall: 优秀的人才
- (2021-11-13) Tiphaine Barré: Je ne sais pas comment l'utiliser ou cela ne fonctionne pas... dommage
- (2021-11-05) Morshedul Islam: Wonderful.
- (2021-10-29) Shayan Babar: Time Waste
- (2021-10-27) Chandima Karunaratne: Love the extension but the logo becomes invisible if you're in dark mode (for chrome). Idk if its possible to have a dynamic logo that changes color, but its pretty much invisible when in dark mode :/
- (2021-10-25) Nam Phạm: check sai tên tùm lum
- (2021-10-21) Edvin Åberg: doesn't work
- (2021-10-15) Antluh Wood: As a web developer it would be good to use it without reloading as many programs can't load exactly as when reloaded. Thanks!
- (2021-10-03) Mahfoudh Bouboutt: I love it. It does one thing and it does it well.
- (2021-09-21) Faruk Mia: It doesn't work.
- (2021-09-11) Міла Галько ІП-01: НЕ РАБОТАЕТ
- (2021-09-09) Kamrul Hasan Raza: Great app. I use it often to learn about fonts
- (2021-09-03) David Camp: It works as expected
- (2021-09-03) Najla N. A: It's great, now i don't need to use developer tool (press f12/Cntrl+Shift+I), and just need to use it with simple click. For some people that don't understand; You need to click the extension icon and hover it to the text to make it show the font, and you can exit using the font by click the extension icon again or the button on the upper left written "Exit WhatFont". And If the extension doesn't work; Try to REFRESH THE TAB/PAGE (all extension, anytime after you adding/enable any extension to your browser you need to refresh the page, or restart the browser, it's both the same.) If it's still not working, try to reinstall. If all that still not working, then maybe it's just broken. Btw I like how you can change the extension icon appearance, It's cool so when I switch my browser theme, the extension will still look nice:)
- (2021-08-27) Oleh Klochkovskyi: Некоректно відображає розмір
- (2021-08-20) MoonLie.: No funciona en algunos sitios.
- (2021-07-24) Dieuu Bui: very usefull
- (2022-07-28, v:2.1.0) Nastya Marsel: перевод
а есть возможность перевести на русский язык полностью?
- (2022-03-01, v:2.1.0) Stephanie Janeczek: Does not work
I highlight a text and nothing happens. It is in my chrome apps but it does not do anything
- (2022-02-28, v:2.1.0) tony d: was working now shite
just as title now says the app is now a waste of f*king space why is nothing being done ..
- (2022-02-22, v:2.1.0) Abby Connolly: Malware Google Search
Weird problem - google search was redirecting to Bing - removed this extension, problem solved.
- (2022-01-14, v:2.1.0) Herman Wallis: What Font not working
Hi. I pinned "whatfont" in my extensions but when i click on it nothing happens? Please let me know if i am missing something obvious?
- (2022-01-05, v:2.1.0) diego sosa reyes: no encuentro este tipo de letra
no encuentro el tipo de letra
- (2022-01-05, v:2.1.0) diego sosa reyes: encontrar un tipo de fuente
no encuentro esta letra
- (2021-12-17, v:2.1.0) Luis SP: Corrupt extension. Malware?
This extension is causing alterations in my google chrome search results. For less than 24 hours the results of my searches have been replaced by ads. I also can't see the information Chrome usually displays on the right like city maps, conversion calculators, etc.
- (2021-12-07, v:2.1.0) Lloyd Hofmeyr: Extension has stopped working
I've been using this for years and alas has just stopped working in the last few weeks, please can you check what's going on?
- (2021-12-02, v:2.1.0) 4IA05_ Febriyan Syaputra: Doesn't work
it's doesn't work!!
- (2021-07-08, v:2.1.0) Ben Caldwell: Installed but not working.
Added to chrome but when I hover it doesn't work. I refreshed my pages. Then restarted chrome. Still doesn't work. I'm going to try another service.
- (2021-07-07, v:2.1.0) Karen Yin: Bug
I have been using WhatFont for years and it's not working the past few weeks, hence I uninstalled it. It stopped working like it used to be. If I click at the icon on the top, it will only show the dropdown to go to a webpage/Options/Remove. The behavior changed completely and I couldn't "turn on". On top of that, my default search bar all of a sudden changed from google to yahoo and other malware search site. This behavior stopped once I uninstalled this plugin. Took me awhile to figure out because I have been using it the longest time and it's the last plugin I disabled. Your code may have security issue.
- (2021-05-23, v:2.1.0) Brandon Gosnell: hijacking my searches
This thing is starting to hijack my searches and forcing me over to Yahoo. Even going directly to google.com and using that search bar redirects to Yahoo. I disable your extension and the behavior stops. Are you doing this is your code corrupted with malicious code??
- (2021-05-08, v:2.1.0) alison lapoint: Theoreum3
introprocedural optimizer secound conditional fusiun and re-rolling go byyond staderdprocedure tranformation to my futer optimizing the code IBMs dence opt varitible agloriths ACM BLAS3 SIG PLAN i dont have a life time left to SELF type 8 version CALs sourse-to -source divid and conquer void w3c or ICANNs fusion mergars conditionls and controls flow prociders on every divice i purches to use it in Lisp Arry Theoreum3 and i cant instal your app extencion on my chrombook.
- (2021-04-28, v:2.1.0) Gypsy Sage: NOT WORKING!
NOT WORKING!!!! it just takes me to a website that says to use click the button.
- (2021-04-22, v:2.1.0) Piyush Chandel: not working
added to chrome successfully but not working...
- (2021-03-24, v:2.1.0) Peter Bailey: Extension disappears
I loaded it for Chrome. It showed up for a second up there, but, then, disappeared. Where is it and how can I use it?
- (2021-03-12, v:2.1.0) rithin joseph: Chrome extension added but not working
I have added the chrome extension but it's not working. Need to sort this out ASAP
- (2021-03-02, v:2.1.0) Linda MdB: Does not work in Brave
I added the extension via Brave but it does not work in Brave.
- (2021-02-23, v:2.1.0) Jahid Hossain: whatfont this extention
whatfont this extention not working on my browser. how to help plz
- (2021-02-16, v:2.1.0) Michael Glab: not working
this one works https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/find-that-font/alannkadjimikdglagjkfdnmcdjkahhc
- (2021-02-11, v:2.1.0) Sumanta Kumar Malik: Unable to add the extension
Add Button is disabled
- (2021-01-12, v:2.1.0) אינה ברודר: WhatFont
This extention not working on my browser.
- (2021-01-10, v:2.1.0) shahrooz karimi: UI&! PJݐ ݐ!fd SeݔbAݔbݓݔn O!Iݐݑ&
UI&! PJݐ ݐ!fd SeݔbAݔbݓݔn O!Iݐݑ&
- (2020-12-20, v:2.1.0) Albin Olsson: How do I even use it?
I installed it, and it does nothing. When I click the icon, I just get a small menu. The only setting is what color the extension icon should be.
- (2020-12-11, v:2.1.0) Wilmark Johnatty: Not working
Removing... Appears briefly in the bar, and then doesnt show up. Dont know how to access it
- (2020-10-12, v:2.1.0) Josh Jurkovich: I think you got hacked
Hi there - I just had to disable your plugin because it was causing my searchbar to go through what I think was a proxy server through a service called "newtablovel" to search on yahoo instead of google as my default search engine. I think you may have gotten some adware or something! Please let me know when fixed.
- (2020-09-29, v:2.1.0) 남리정: It doesn't work.
It only works on this website http://www.chengyinliu.com/whatfont.html and no where else.
- (2020-09-21, v:2.1.0) Atul Sharma: What Font is not working
I installed on my chrome browser and its no longer work.
- (2020-09-18, v:2.1.0) Robin Panicker: Read and access all the data
Does this tool have access to all the data on the webpage (including user input data like passwords etc?)
- (2020-09-17, v:2.1.0) Erin Fike: Does not seem to work in current version of Chrome?
I am currently working on a Macbook Pro in Chrome 85.0.4183.102 This extension has been a vital part of my workflow for several years, however in recent months (after updating Chrome) it no longer appears to function. The extension shows in my browser bar, but when I try to activate the extension and click to use it, it doesn't show anything. Any idea what's going on? I would really hate to lose this tool!
- (2020-09-02, v:2.1.0) Syamsul Fast Print: not working
really? this extention not working on my browser. how to use it perfectly?
- (2020-08-25, v:2.1.0) Ligia Tenani: Not working
it is not working
- (2020-08-18, v:2.1.0) real motivation: Not working
I clicked but it doesn't work. please help me.
- (2020-08-16, v:2.1.0) Meetoo Patkar: Font color not readable.
The font color is blue against a black background. How can I make the font color white?
- (2020-08-11, v:2.1.0) Ian Schafer: No longer working
Appears to no longer work
- (2020-07-29, v:2.1.0) Javier Hasbun: Name
Please add What "the" Font to the name ;)
- (2020-07-09, v:2.1.0) Memo Gea: What Font now working
It shows on the bar but it does not work when i click on a font where I want to see if what font a site is using.
- (2020-07-02, v:2.1.0) Kasten Walther: Does not work
Shows to be installed, but cannot find the app, nor does it id on scrolling
- (2020-05-29, v:2.1.0) Aamir Ali Bangash: Not working on local pages
It works perfectly on online pages but doesn't work on pages stored on your computer. How to enable it to work on local pages also.
- (2020-05-26, v:2.1.0) Joseida Popsin: Utilização
Instalei o WhatFont na barra de favoritos, porém quando arrasto para identificar uma fonte em alguma palavra ele aparece um símbolo de "proibido" (bolinha com bloqueio), o que devo fazer?
- (2020-05-19, v:2.1.0) Virginia Mastrapa: Extension is no longer working
I have been using this extension for years and can't live without it! A week ago it stopped working. Now when I click on it and it opens up your webpage. Are their any plans to fix this?
- (2020-05-13, v:2.1.0) Milton simião correa: letra do navegador apagada
letra apagada não da pra ler
- (2020-02-14, v:2.1.0) Denis Firkov: I can't use app
When I click "WhatFont" button in toolbar, menu "whatfont" opens and... that's all. Functions doesn't work, I just see menu and can't know how to define any fonts. But it worked before (i clicked icon in toolbar and then checked needed font)
- (2019-12-28, v:2.1.0) Karen Meneghin: WhatFont doesn't launch
WhatFont doesn't launch or identify the selected text. A number of people have reported this but I don't see a response/fix. Thanks
- (2019-12-05, v:2.1.0) Sasha Ivone: no puedo utilizar la herramienta al hacer un click sobre ella
no puedo utilizar la herramienta al hacer un click sobre ella
- (2019-11-28, v:2.1.0) Kris Tormes: No longer working??
I am using it for a year now, and now I setup a new Google Chrome on my new computer, and it is no longer working? When I clicked the icon, nothing happens. Please advise.
- (2019-11-15, v:2.1.0) Yash Tamrakar: How to use this?
Not able to figure out how to use this tool.
- (2019-09-24, v:2.1.0) Frank Dana: "Exit" button is hidden behind menu, when open
Because the "Exit WhatFont" button appears in the upper right corner of the page when the extension is activated, if the extension has been moved to the Chrome menu (instead of the toolbar) then the button will be invisible because it's completely covered by the menu. This makes it very difficult to determine whether the extension is activated or not — you have to open the menu, click the icon, click outside the menu to close it, and then look for the "Exit WhatFont" button. Perhaps the button could appear in the lower right (or even lower left) corner, instead of the upper right?
- (2019-07-27, v:2.1.0) Hafiz Saleem: problems
it is not pick up yhe font style