The easiest way to identify fonts on web pages.
What is the easiest way to find out the fonts used in a webpage? Firebug and Webkit Inspector are easy enough to use for developers. However, for others, this should not be necessary. With this extension, you could inspect web fonts by just hovering on them. It is that simple and elegant. It also detects the services used for serving the web fonts. Supports Typekit and Google Font API. Recommended by Wired WebMonkey, Lifehacker, and SwissMiss. Feedback: Email: [email protected] Twitter: @chengyinliu (http://twitter.com/chengyinliu) More info: http://chengyinliu.com/whatfont.html ——————————————————————————— History: • 2.1.0 - A new design thanks to Siddharth Mate • 2.0.3 - Retina toolbar icon • 2.0.2 - Fix option page for button styles • 2.0.1 - Use native screen capturer • 2.0 - Improved sharing • 1.7 - Added font services detection for FontDeck (Thanks to Mark Perkins) - Improved font detecting algorithm - Improved overall performance • 1.6.1 - Added color detection for text • 1.6 - Added a tweet button for instant sharing through Twitter - Improved style reseting • 1.5 - Overall restyling • 1.4.4 - Supported light icon for dark themes • 1.4.3 - Fixed a bug related to Typekit service detection • 1.4.2 - Reduced loading time - Supported HTTPS protocol • 1.4.1 - Fixed stylesheet bug • 1.4 - Restructured source code - Supported font services detection for Typekit and Google Font API - Fixed toolbar button bug. Second click is now "Exit WhatFont"
- (2020-07-02) Dilip Ale: Thanks! Very useful.
- (2020-06-30) Lokendra Verma: Great
- (2020-06-24) Massimiliano Stirparo: ridicolo, su chrome solo una perdita di tempo
- (2020-06-23) Сергей Панфилов: Отлично работает: инструкция)) 1. Кликнул на расширение; 2. Навел на текст получил шрифт; 3. Кликнул получил подробности (https://yadi.sk/i/9dTtKbW17owpiA) 4. Вид в браузере (https://yadi.sk/i/LYd6dDrz4ThDaw)
- (2020-04-03) React: letter-spacing is a missed feature in this extension.
- (2020-03-28) TARSIS LIMA DE ANDRADE: Muito fácil de usar. Basta clicar no botão WhatFont (f?, na barra de extensões) e passar o mouse na palavra. Obs.: após a instalação, é preciso apenas recarregar a página para começar a usar.
- (2020-03-18) Unknown: Does not work as of March 2020
- (2020-03-16) Omotayo B. Adeoye: Absolutely love it
- (2020-03-13) Sagar Sharma: How do I use it? Hovering over text does nothing.
- (2020-03-11) Christian Finefield: Thank you for your hard work Chengyin. Much Appreciated.
- (2020-03-10) Андрей Буйлук: Кусок гомна. Работает через раз.
- (2020-03-09) Fung Siu: Very accurate. I spent days trying to find out what fonts a famous website uses and got some answers. Now this extension confirms right away those answers were correct.
- (2020-02-27) Сергей сын Ивана: Примного благодарен автору за проделанный труд! Очень удобное приложение, экономит массу времени при работе с дизайном заказчика. Респект!
- (2020-02-15) Alise Belcher: Works perfectly for me but I thought it would be an identifier such as What The Font. Not sure if I'll use it because I generally pull up Inspect to read a page's code or CSS sheet.
- (2020-02-05) Krupesh Anadkat: Always helpful!
- (2020-01-28) 酸菜小鱼: 太棒了，每次看到喜欢的字体都会去源代码中找CSS，这次实在没能找到百度了下发现了这个插件，实在是太棒啦！！！很轻松就能知道好看的字体是什么字体了！！！使用的方法是左键单击插件图标，一开始可能会出现点击后是右键单击的展开菜单，关闭Chrome重启就好了
- (2020-01-22) Amaan Rizwan: You have to refresh the page before trying it out. How to use it? 1. Click on the WhatFont icon 2. Exit WhatFont button appears on top right of the tab(for me) 3. Hover around to see the font of the text.
- (2020-01-17) Angelika Stawowy: Doesn't work
- (2020-01-17) มะ ม๋า: ชอบครับ
- (2020-01-17) Gaby: What a great tool! Thank you so much. Couldn't imagine something like this exists! :)
- (2020-01-12) Michael TH: Its pretty good. Developer: You should create an icon that is for dark mode/dark themes too. The icon is black and it should be able to be seen in both light themes/mode and dark themes/mode.
- (2020-01-07) Виктор Минин: Благодарю, пользуюсь в Хроме и Сафари.
- (2020-01-02) SoomyBoomy: Oh. My. Gosh. Where do I start???? It always glitches out and opens unwanted menus, and it's just horrible. I could list at least 10 more problems. Please just make it better.....
- (2019-12-24) IJTIHAD ISLAM EMON: I love it
- (2019-12-11) Graphiste: Works like a charm! Thank you so much for creating this extention.
- (2020-07-02, v:2.1.0) Kasten Walther: Does not work
Shows to be installed, but cannot find the app, nor does it id on scrolling
- (2020-05-29, v:2.1.0) Aamir Ali Bangash: Not working on local pages
It works perfectly on online pages but doesn't work on pages stored on your computer. How to enable it to work on local pages also.
- (2020-05-26, v:2.1.0) Joseida Popsin: Utilização
Instalei o WhatFont na barra de favoritos, porém quando arrasto para identificar uma fonte em alguma palavra ele aparece um símbolo de "proibido" (bolinha com bloqueio), o que devo fazer?
- (2020-05-19, v:2.1.0) Virginia Mastrapa: Extension is no longer working
I have been using this extension for years and can't live without it! A week ago it stopped working. Now when I click on it and it opens up your webpage. Are their any plans to fix this?
- (2020-05-13, v:2.1.0) Milton simião correa: letra do navegador apagada
letra apagada não da pra ler
- (2020-02-14, v:2.1.0) Denis Firkov: I can't use app
When I click "WhatFont" button in toolbar, menu "whatfont" opens and... that's all. Functions doesn't work, I just see menu and can't know how to define any fonts. But it worked before (i clicked icon in toolbar and then checked needed font)
- (2019-12-28, v:2.1.0) Karen Meneghin: WhatFont doesn't launch
WhatFont doesn't launch or identify the selected text. A number of people have reported this but I don't see a response/fix. Thanks
- (2019-12-05, v:2.1.0) Sasha Ivone: no puedo utilizar la herramienta al hacer un click sobre ella
no puedo utilizar la herramienta al hacer un click sobre ella
- (2019-11-28, v:2.1.0) Kris Tormes: No longer working??
I am using it for a year now, and now I setup a new Google Chrome on my new computer, and it is no longer working? When I clicked the icon, nothing happens. Please advise.
- (2019-11-15, v:2.1.0) Yash Tamrakar: How to use this?
Not able to figure out how to use this tool.
- (2019-09-24, v:2.1.0) Frank Dana: "Exit" button is hidden behind menu, when open
Because the "Exit WhatFont" button appears in the upper right corner of the page when the extension is activated, if the extension has been moved to the Chrome menu (instead of the toolbar) then the button will be invisible because it's completely covered by the menu. This makes it very difficult to determine whether the extension is activated or not — you have to open the menu, click the icon, click outside the menu to close it, and then look for the "Exit WhatFont" button. Perhaps the button could appear in the lower right (or even lower left) corner, instead of the upper right?
- (2019-07-27, v:2.1.0) Hafiz Saleem: problems
it is not pick up yhe font style
- (2019-07-26, v:2.1.0) Felipe Anastácio: Quem não conseguiu
Topzera, atualizou a página funciona. Thanks !
- (2019-07-16, v:2.1.0) Justin Rockmore: Icon
Icon isn't visible in Chrome Dark mode - it's bascially black on black and you can't see the icon at all
- (2019-07-01, v:2.1.0) Juliette Martin: Professional use
Hello Chrome developer, I would like to know if your program / software could be used as professional and lucrative activity. Thank you for your response. Kind regards, Juliette Martin
- (2019-06-13, v:2.1.0) Song and Gamer Guy: hi
not working please fix
- (2019-06-04, v:2.1.0) Gal Horowitz: Your chrome logo background is the same with chrome bar ==)
You should fix it for your own sake. Its invisible. You r welcome.
- (2019-04-17, v:2.1.0) Gen Li: Tooltip position
The tooltip only appears on the bottom right of the targeted text. When clicking on a text near the right or bottom edge of the screen, the tooltip won't fit in the screen.