Makes JSON easy to read. Open source.
FEATURES • JSON & JSONP support • Syntax highlighting • Collapsible trees, with indent guides • Clickable URLs • Toggle between raw and parsed JSON • Works on any valid JSON page – URL doesn't matter • Works on local files too (if you enable this in chrome://extensions) • You can inspect the JSON by typing "json" in the console (Note: this extension might clash with other JSON highlighters/beautifiers, like ‘JSONView’, ‘Pretty JSON’ or ‘Sight’ – disable those before trying this.) Try it out on these URLs: http://graph.facebook.com/coca-cola?callback=whatever http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/standardfeeds/most_popular?alt=json&v=2 http://feeds.delicious.com/v2/json/popular?callback=hello PRO TIP Hold down control (or cmd on Mac) while collapsing a tree if you want to collapse all its siblings too. PRIVACY No tracking, no advertising, and nothing else nefarious. SOURCE CODE github.com/callumlocke/json-formatter BUGS/SUGGESTIONS github.com/callumlocke/json-formatter/issues QUESTIONS twitter.com/callumlocke
- (2021-09-16) Sven Jacobs: Unfortunately this extension totally freezes Chrome from time to time when rendering large JSONs (Chrome 93.0.4577.82). Also the open source project at GitHub doesn't seem to be in sync with the development of this extension. Last commit on GitHub was 7 years ago?!
- (2021-09-15) Tomas :): This is the best json formatter extension.
- (2021-09-14) the hepter: Congratulations perfect!
- (2021-09-11) M: honestly so much time saving and extremely useful for developers out there. thank you so much.
- (2021-09-04) Haotian Chen: 对于长整数，也就是64位整数的显示，存在精度丢失的问题，希望作者解决。
- (2021-08-09) Dan Hersam: Best JSON formatter extension I've found. Thanks for the great work!
- (2021-08-05) Adrian: very good very nice
- (2021-07-28) Theodore Nguyen: This is really nice.
- (2021-07-07) zhipeng lin: Can support parse XML?
- (2021-06-22) Mohamed Admane: nice
- (2021-06-22) Эрик Кизнов: Make the arrow pictures as svg
- (2021-06-07) Peter Z: Didn't work on Maximo JSON
- (2021-05-27) Alejandro Motta: util
- (2021-05-02) PatV: Ne fonctionne pas la plupart du temps
- (2021-03-21) Pieter van Heijningen: Great extension, been using it for years
- (2021-02-15) Filip 769: don't work for cutt.ly api
- (2021-01-29) Klaas-Jan Vissers: Werkt niet
- (2021-01-19) md ridoy: works perfect!
- (2021-01-06) Kyle Rogers: Works great!
- (2021-01-04) Hemanth Kumar M -: It is not working on chrome Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (x86_64). I did not install any new extensions, It was working fine in previous versions of chrome.
- (2020-12-14) Tim: I've been using it for quite some time and it's great! But "conflicts" with Ghostery (easily solved!). TL:DR; If using Ghostery and it's sometimes failing to format. Go to Settings >Tracker-Tally and uncheck "Show the tracker-tally in the corner of my browser". I.e. disable whatever the plugin injects into the site (may apply to other plugins as well). SOMETIMES FAILING TO PARSE For me it was annoyingly working sporadically for the longest time until I came here and noted that people noticed that Ghostery (which I use) interfere with it. Seeing that and that the author stated it checks if all the content can be loaded as JSON, then it formats it, I realized: Ghostery injects its Tracker-Tally (the purple circle) into the site. RACE CONDITION This means it's a race condition between the Ghostery and JSON Formatter. If Ghostery injects its Tracker-Tally before JSON Formatter does its parsing, the whole content no longer is just JSON and hence fails. And that would explain why I was noticing it sometimes failed to parse. THE FIX Since it issue seems to stem from Ghostery injecting stuff into the page, disabling it should fix it (and it does). You can do this by going to Settings >Tracker-Tally and unchecking "Show the tracker-tally in the corner of my browser". This may apply to other plugins as well, so check for similar settings if you're experiencing similar problems.
- (2020-12-07) Xiao ke: 66666666666666,mac chrome json viewer has some tubble with find
- (2020-12-06) alireza karimpoor: یک افزونه بسیار خوب برای نمایش return به مانند خروجی json در لاراول
- (2020-11-20) UHostCo یو هاست کو: 👍👍👏
- (2020-11-17) 熊超华: 可以可以
- (2020-11-05) Raj Khare: great tool and very helpful when you are dealing with json...now you can see very pretty view with the json.
- (2020-10-28) Nat Riddle: Loved this extension. I just wanted something that didn't have all of my JSON in one giant line, and this thing takes care of the problem like a charm. Some of the other extensions were too overkill, but this thing gets the job done.
- (2020-10-06) Дмитрий Николаев: thanks for your work
- (2020-10-02) Paul Thomas: Excellent utility. Perfect for viewing / formatting JSON in the browser !
- (2020-09-25) Jack Cooper: Great Formatter really helpful!
- (2020-09-23) Mason T: Works well.
- (2020-09-17) Jonathan Tiritilli: I use this all the time in development, especially when I'm working with Wordpress sites. I would love a dark theme, but this is a great tool and shouldn't be skipped because of the color.
- (2020-09-11) Святослав Степанюк: Really good extension! Works well! Thank you :)
- (2020-09-09) Thiago Lucio Bittencourt: Sem a menor sombra de dúvidas é a melhor ferramenta de todas do gênero. A única que eu testei no chrome que formata o JSON carregando o link da página. E também é a mais leve de todas! A única coisa que falta nela mesmo é ter um tema dark pra não ficar aquele farol enorme irritando nossa vista. O tamanho da fonte nem precisa porque no navegador mesmo a gente dá o zoom pra aumentar. Mas o autor está de parabéns. Eu testei umas 20 extensões e só a dele funcionou no link.
- (2020-09-08) Mr. ZeroOne: Very useful. I don't need to search about Online Json formatter any more.;)
- (2020-09-01) Jie Zhang: clean and auto format, that's enough.
- (2020-08-14) Sayed Taqui: Awesome extension, I have been using it for years with no issues. Thanks for maintaining and keeping it free (:
- (2020-08-13) Allen: Please add Collapse OR expand button!
- (2020-08-12) Rosemary C.: doesnt work
- (2020-08-11) Komol Panyasophonlert: not worked
- (2020-08-10) Sunny Ape: Nice. Does exactly what you expect it to do.
- (2020-07-29) Howing Wang: works pretty good at parsing json
- (2020-07-22) Tuan Nguyen: It's not work anymore!
- (2020-07-15) plot bridge: 五星好评，特殊格式的json也支持。给力
- (2020-07-10) MM TT: works
- (2020-07-07) Benjamin Hobson: This is phenomenal.
- (2020-07-07) Robin Otto: installed, refreshed. works.
- (2020-06-29) 8176 Sec.-C Debajyoti Das: now i can download pdf and video
- (2020-04-09) JULIEN: C'est lisible et clair donc c'est parfait ! mercé la zone
- (2020-04-07) Zach Gover: Works great, have used it for roughly 5 years now and prefer it over the other top rated extension `JSON Viewer` which has always resulted in slow loading, collapsing etc. This one by far has succeeded in the most stressful conditions. Now just need support for JSONP ;)
- (2021-08-25, v:0.6.0) Bodrul Choudhury: Dark mode
Would be great if we could have a dark mode on this.
- (2021-07-01, v:0.6.0) Валерий Есипенко: Throw an error if returns combined content but with application/json header
Hello, is it possible to throw an error or something like this if page contains combined content, for example <html> + json (php error on page, when it's an php error on beginning of the page and json bellow) but returns content header with application/json value? Now it just hides invalid content and starting to parse with nearest valid token. This behavior don't let to check some api if it works right or not.
- (2021-05-27, v:0.6.0) Mahfuzul Amin: Can't click the extension after adding it.
Hi, I have added the extension and it stays disabled on the extensions list even though it is enabled from Manage extension. Disable and enable doesn't work as well. Any idea? Thanks Mahfuz
- (2021-04-11, v:0.6.0) AnimeCruizer: Content-Type text/html
Can you make it work with page that has Content-Type text/html but valid JSON in it as content Example page: https://bit.ly/3t8W95X
- (2021-03-27, v:0.6.0) g r: Not working on localhost
My served data appears to be in valid json format and its just that inside the body (or a div to try it like that). The extension works on other sites but not on localhost that I'm serving up
- (2021-03-16, v:0.6.0) Aleksandra Kielian: formatter is rounding big numbers
I noticed that your formatter is rounding big numbers. For example in the raw feed I can find "ORIGINAL_TRAFFIC_ITEM_ID":3610894680109661683 However if I parse it it is no longer there. Instead it is displayed as: "ORIGINAL_TRAFFIC_ITEM_ID": 3610894680109661700 As you can see the last 3 digits are rounded up to the nearest hundred.
- (2020-12-23, v:0.6.0) Mofizul Islam: JSON Formatter in Chrome not working at all.
Hi, I'm using the latest version of Chrome with Win 10. Using this settings for JSON Formatter- http://prntscr.com/w87on5 But it's not working at all- http://prntscr.com/w87p4m How to I can solve it?
- (2020-12-08, v:0.6.0) Akshat Zala: Does it work on local files?
I have sample JSON file which is viewed as text file in json formatter
- (2020-11-24, v:0.6.0) J M: Not working for JSON API response
The response content type "vnd.api+json" is not supported. Could you pls add the support for this too?
- (2020-10-15, v:0.6.0) HMS USER: Not able to open json formatter extension after adding this extension to the chrome
It is greyed out after adding this extension to the chrome, not able to open
- (2020-09-17, v:0.6.0) Michael Lane: Plugin seems broken since last chrome version
I try the plugin on 2 differents computers and It's not working anymore! :( Does anyone else have this problem?
- (2020-09-17, v:0.6.0) Nur Mohammed: Add Dark Mode
This extension (JSON Formatter) for chrome is great.It would be more nice if it support Dark mode...
- (2020-08-04, v:0.6.0) jason kühn: Compromised?
This extension is causing chrome to redirect *.mydomain.com URLs to some hotel website (lebua.com) where * is a nonexistent/invalid subdomain. Valid subdomains continue to work as usual. When I uninstall the extension the issue goes away.
- (2020-06-29, v:0.6.0) Abhishek Sonone: Big integer Values not parsed correctly
I've been using this extension for a month. Yeah, it gives me best result. But one issue is there it changes the data if it is too big value. It should not change the data. If we see the same data in Raw mode then it is showing the exact (without modified) data; but when parsed it shows modified. Please look into issue For example: 1101541432344186887 (raw number) parsed to 1101541432344186900 (parsed number)
- (2020-06-16, v:0.6.0) Kyle Robbins: Decimal values
Is there an option to tell the formatter to NOT drop the decimal values when 0? i.e. I want it to keep the original '40.0' value, I do NOT want it to change it to '40'
- (2019-11-22, v:0.6.0) Daniel Samuels: Causes Chrome to hang when viewing large documents
When viewing a large JSON document such as https://www.easyallies.com/api/review/get this extension causes the whole Chrome instance to become unresponsive.
- (2019-08-19, v:0.6.0) Nemanja Ivanković: Not working on Chrome v76.0.3809.100
There is no options on right top corner and there is no formatting JSON. I assume its because plugin don't work. Screenshot proof: https://prnt.sc/ougugg
- (2019-07-31, v:0.6.0) Mahesh Waghmare: Order of the items mismatch
Default order of the sub object is 20, 19. Its show perfect in the raw view. See https://cl.ly/8c2e15ed947f But, In perse view it show 19, 20. See https://cl.ly/f0ab871ec6a0
- (2019-06-06, v:0.6.0) sharad pandey: jsonfile
cannot open how to use it
- (2019-06-06, v:0.6.0) sharad pandey: jsonfile
cannot open how to use it
- (2019-05-08, v:0.6.0) Jayesh Deshmukh: Image Decode Error while downloading
When I try to add the extension, I am getting Image Decode Error. Any idea how to fix it?
- (2019-04-26, v:0.6.0) Shareef Tanguturi: raw format
hi, not able to see in json view
- (2019-03-26, v:0.6.0) JSON formatter - 3MB content limit
Hi, Any chance of adding a option for the extension so one can increase the max from the current 3MB? stepping through the JS, discovered that's why my json content isn't rendering... I'd just cut out some stuff but without pretty-printing (why I'm running JSON Formatter :-), a bit challenging. thanks, -steve
- (2019-01-08, v:0.6.0) Big files?
My json is not formatted. I think is about filesize. How i change some limitations?
- (2018-12-06, v:0.6.0) Samuel Warters: JSON isn't formatted when using the Authy extension
I noticed with the recent Chrome build Version 70.0.3538.110 and the Authy chrome extension 1.0.2, the JSON Formatter extension just doesn't even work. JSON isn't formatted at all. When I turn the Authy extension off and reload a page with JSON, it's formatted correctly.
- (2018-11-24, v:0.6.0) Default Options
Can we have Default Plugin Behavior, where we can switch between [raw/parsed]
- (2018-11-21, v:0.6.0) Debjyoti Mukherjee: some of the file it is unable to handle
some of the file it is unable to handle