What it does: ClearPlay enables families to skip and mute content in streaming movies so you can enjoy the show with your family…
What it does: ClearPlay enables families to skip and mute content in streaming movies so you can enjoy the show with your family audience. Why you should install it: Install if you want to filter specific scenes or language from streaming movies. It works with movies played from a desktop in a Chrome browser. Playback Notice: When using the filtering feature, the performance of the motion picture is altered from the performance intended by the director or copyright holder of the motion picture. Patents: Many thanks to ClearPlay inventors whose efforts have been awarded several patents, including: 9,628,852; 6,889,383; 6,898,799; 7,526,784; 7,543,318; 7,577,970; 7,975,021; 8,117,282. More Pending.
- (2021-03-18) Andrew Ziem: I love the ability to filter the language from PG and PG-13 movies that are otherwise good entertainment. The selection of movies is much better than VidAngel because of its legal troubles with Disney studios. ClearPlay worked reliably on all ~10 Marvel movies on Disney+ so far, but The Martian (rented) on Amazon mostly did not filter any language. It was shocking to find out with an f-bomb. Tech support had me reinstall and it seems to work, but I am not sure it's reliable because we're done with this movie. My biggest wish is that it would work without a need to hook up my HP Chromebook to my TV over HDMI, but it's not too bad using a wireless USB mouse as a remote control. This is where VidAngel excels because it plays through Roku. What would be best is if the streaming publishers would incorporate this functionality directly into their platforms. They offer English Descriptive Service and many languages, so why not content filters? Until then, I will be using ClearPlay for family movie time
- (2021-02-25) Quinn Williams: So far it's absolutely useless. Add on says the filter is on and give a list of items to that have been filtered but it has not skipped once and I've heard every single item on the list in 'Hamilton' and 'Guardians of the Galaxy'. I would say it doesn't work with Disney+ at all. I'll try Amazon next
- (2021-02-04) jason wolden: It was great when it worked. I was able to watch the first Daniel Craig James Bond and it removed all the sex scenes...I thought, Hey this is going to be awesome!! But ever since then, the Chrome Extension has not worked for me. I've tried restarting, clicking around, signing in and out, and so on...nothing. I will end my subscription bc this is just too buggy. I wish it worked and I wish the company was responsive (as you can see in these comments they aren't). Save your money. Pray for another company to rise up.
- (2021-01-04) Big Bad Max: I have a question is clearplay free?
- (2021-01-02) Wheatland Baptist Church: I love the concept but can hardly find any movies on Amazon that sync with Clearplay. I'm a new subscriber but unless I'm doing something wrong, I won't remain a customer....
- (2020-12-03) ellis kids: I noticed that there aren't any recent reviews, so I tried this extension out. It doesn't filter, or skip scenes at all! It says the extension is working but then when you start watching it doesn't filter anything. I tried on multiple devices and troubleshooted a ton to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong, and clearplay actually doesnt work anymore. Dissapointing. I wouldn't bother with this extension, unless you want to see and hear all the things you dont want to
- (2020-11-20) Trevor Bell: Previously finding a movie seemed easy. Don't know what changed, but my extension does not have a search option. It is just the popular movies, and you have to scroll through to list to find the movie you want. Insane that I can't just type in "Aquaman" and get my movie filtered.
- (2020-07-07) Leon Hollis: Well we are excited to get started on our free trial. TC is such an inspiration to my husband Leon and I, so we are here to support the cause and feel better about what we allow our children to watch. I wish it would work on our media :)
- (2018-09-28) Gregory Mockett: I have always loved ClearPlay for allowing us to feel good (safe) about catching up on all the movies we chose to miss at the theater because of certain disagreeable content, but this is the best ClearPay product, yet! Its as easy as finding a movie on Amazon/Prime and accepting (or modifying) the filter options and clicking play. Kudos!
- (2018-08-19) Devon Wright: We selected for all harsh swearing to be removed but there was still several F words that were missed. Had to stop our movie halfway through after realizing that ClearPlay missed more than half of what we tried to remove.
- (2018-08-03) Tai Ji Saint: Clearplay makes watching movies good again.
- (2018-06-24) Alexandra Madsen: This is the best video filter I have seen in some time! User friendly and adaptable for all audiences.
- (2018-06-22) Mark Lewis: I wasn't sure how good this product was going to be. I'm glad I was proven wrong. I really like how this works. I love how you can have so much control over what can and can't be filtered. Great product!
- (2018-06-22) Mandaria Taylor: I'm so excited about this! The extension is super easy to navigate. I can filter my movies anywhere now!!! Thank you, ClearPlay!
- (2017-08-03) Robert Baribeau: This program is a huge leap forward for ClearPlay! I've waited a long time for the ability to turn specific words and scenes on or off. It doesn't filter as many movies as the old, Google Play service did (about 100 so far), but it's so much better. My wife and I use my Steam Link to connect my computer to our entertainment system, so it works perfectly for us. We have a Netflix subscription and lot of movies on VUDU too, so I hope they filter stuff on those platforms eventually. Then again, this was only launched two months ago, so the fact that they've done this much already is pretty impressive.
- (2017-08-03) Scott Cruze: I've watched 20+ movies without any problems and the filtering has been flawless for me. I've been able to watch both rented and Amazon Prime movies. I connect to my TV using an HDMI cable and haven't seen any lag while I've watched.
- (2017-08-01) Nathan McClellan: Needs some help. It is jumpy and sluggish and I want to watch movies on my TV not on my computer.
- (2017-07-31) j m: doesn't work on any devices other than a browser. and it died on me multiple times during my film! I had to watch heads getting blown off. not worth the risk.
- (2017-06-14) Emanuel Crandell: So glad that its on Amazon Prime. We can enjoy movies with the family without the curse bombs and look away scenes. We used it on Google Movies for awhile but the movies were getting to expensive.
- (2017-06-10) DJ Toomey: It doesn't listen when you say you want to see something in the movie. Also the movie we watched still had profanity in it that they missed. The selection is very limited and it is difficult to browse the movies. Sometimes I click the extension and nothing happens.
- (2017-06-04) Kelton Kidman: Awesome! Very simple interface. Very user friendly. Family entertainment is back
- (2017-06-03) Dustin Hanson: ClearPlay for Amazon Prime is amazing! I'm so excited to have the ClearPlay service/functionality extended through Amazon Prime. For those of you unfamiliar with ClearPlay, it allows consumers the ability to filter out content that they find offensive from movies. So, say you want to watch a movie together as a family, but you know there is some content that is inappropriate for your younger children. No problem! Just select the scenes/content you want ClearPlay to filter out, and voila!
- (2017-06-03) J Friedman: This is AWESOME! ClearPlay and Amazon Prime video is like peanut butter and jelly. The two just naturally go well together. The idea is pretty simple: ClearPlay gives consumers the option to watch good movies without being bombarded with what "culture" tells us is "acceptable" regarding language, sexuality and violence. Couple that with Amazon Prime video, and it's a huge win for families!
- (2017-06-01) Cody Taylor: I am blown away by how simple and easy-to-use ClearPlay for Amazon is! Not only do I get to continue using the familiar interface of Amazon movies and Prime, but the ClearPlay is barely noticeable, yet easily accessable! Other filtered movie services have not only come and gone, but I had to get accustomed to how to navigate them and then I had to decide which movies I wanted to buy on Amazon Movies and which movies I wanted to have filtered through the other service. Now everything is all in one convenient place. Bravo ClearPlay! *slow clap*
- (2021-06-17, v:1.0.21) Angela Gebhard: Cancel Service & Refund
Can you please cancel our service, and refund us for this month? I was trying to do it before our free trial ended, but I couldn't find where to log-in
- (2021-06-11, v:1.0.21) Elizabeth Johnson: Password
Hi - We are trying to recover our password but it is not sending to my email. Help.
- (2021-05-26, v:1.0.21) Kristin Hoover: Discontinue Service
I was thinking this service fit to every movie offered through Netflix and such. Please discontinue subscription. thank you
- (2021-04-24, v:1.0.20) ClearPlay Admin: Contacting Clearplay
Please contact us directly at [email protected] Thanks!
- (2021-04-23, v:1.0.20) Debi Taylor: Laptop movies
I want to play my movies on my laptop with filter is that possible?
- (2021-02-25, v:1.0.19) Quinn Williams: Disney+ titles are not being filtered
I'ved watched two films and nothing has been skipped or filtered from the supported list.
- (2021-02-19, v:1.0.19) Kevin McLaurin: Does it work with shows on Hulu?
Does this extension work with shows on Hulu? How about the Roku channel? Thanks, Kevin
- (2021-02-12, v:1.0.19) Sid Ouali: netflix
I have netflix on my smart TV. Can I sue your program to filter movies we play on the TV directly?
- (2021-01-30, v:1.0.17) Michael Anderson: Not working on an Old Chromebook
I currenty live in Canada and this extension works just fine on my Laptop and Desktop (both running Linux), however I can't get it to work on my Wife's Acer Chromebook (C720). I have tried restarting the Chromebook, and using various profiles on the Chromebook. But nothing has worked. Is there something that you know of that will work to get this Extension working on a Chromebook? Thanks,
- (2020-12-24, v:1.0.16) Nathan Lanning: Filters work on computer, but not when casting
The filters work great on my computer when the video is played only on the computer. However, when casting to an Android TV, the filters do not work.
- (2020-12-22, v:1.0.16) julie dorris: Can't Unsubscribe
Please help. I signed in under my gmail address, but I can't log back into my account. I would like to unsubscribe, but when clearplay says it sent a link to my email address for password recovery, the link never goes to my email. I checked my spam folder as well. Can you help? Thanks!!!
- (2020-10-25, v:1.0.11) CSV -R: Can't filter with amazon?!?
Just downloaded the extension and found out the the amazon filter is not working! When will be able to watch movies on amazon?
- (2020-10-24, v:1.0.9) Tim Banks: Not filtering movies from Amazon. Possibly others?
Tried to watch "Knives Out" and "Independence Day". Even with ALL filters selected, nothing is being removed.
- (2020-10-23, v:1.0.9) Matthew Love: Clear Play Extension says its on and working, but it's not filtering the movie
Hi, I downloaded the ClearPlay Extension yesterday. And I bought a movie on Amazon. ClearPlay worked great yesterday. However today I was watching the same movie, and the extension showed it was on and working, but I heard swear words, and it didn't filter, even though it shows its filtering. I need help troubleshooting this. Thanks.
- (2020-09-25, v:1.0.9) Andrew Chance: Extension download problem
I cannot download the Clearplay extension on the Chromebit. Do you know why?
- (2020-09-24, v:1.0.9) Maya Gilles: Not working in Quebec Canada
Greetings, I live in Quebec Canada and I am on prime video. I signed up for Clearplay, but everytime I choose a movie, it says that I am out of US... Is clearplay supposed to work in Quebec Canada? What should I do? Thanks
- (2020-09-16, v:1.0.9) Erik Goetz: chrome extensions shield tv
I can not load chrome extension on shield tv chrome browser.
- (2020-09-14, v:1.0.9) Tori & Bryan Shaw: Broken, won't work on any device I try.
The plugin seems to no longer work, it won't launch. Tried on both laptops with the same result. I've logged out and back in, even removed the plugin and reloaded. It says my membership is currently cancelled, but it won't let me reactivate it; acts like it saves but never updates.
- (2020-09-02, v:1.0.8) Gylan Allen: Subtitles
Can I use subtitles on movies watched using Clearplay?
- (2020-08-18, v:1.0.5) MD Scott: Netflix Access
Hi, How do I use clearplay with my netflix account?
- (2020-08-01, v:1.0.4) Scott Miles: Filter not available after I rented the movie
I finally got things figured out and went to stream the movie on Amazon Prime. The filter options came up and I set those up. So I rented the movie and only then got a message from ClearPlay that a filter was not available for that version of the movie. Too late. I had already rented the movie. The movie is listed on CLearPlay as having filters. This also happened last time I wanted to watch a movie this way. Same message. I notified support and got a message it would be updated within 24 hours. Went to watch it today. Same "no filter" message. You really need to figure out how to get your system to work cleanly. Every time we want to watch a ClearPlay movie, it takes 20 minutes to get it to work, then won't provide the filter despite it being listed on your site. Ugggh.
- (2020-07-30, v:1.0.4) Ryan H: Can't add the clearplay extension to chrome
Can't add the clearplay extension to chrome
- (2020-07-03, v:0.9.15.01) Liz Rudolph: Cancel my membership
I attempted to cancel my membership at least a month ago and I am still being charged.
- (2020-06-01, v:0.9.15.00) Kade Bohler: I can't figure this out.
Clearplay keeps saying that's it's filtering the movie that I'm watching, but it refuses to skip the things that it's supposed to filter. I'm really frustrated and disappointed. I was so happy to find this...
- (2020-05-16, v:0.9.14.97) Aaron Langston: Amazon Jack Ryan series
I was watch the Jack Ryan series yesterday (5/15/20) and clearplay was filtering it. Today it says no filter available.
- (2020-05-14, v:0.9.14.97) Nancy Klinger: cancel trial subcription
haven't been able to use it
- (2020-03-30, v:0.9.14.90) aaron sommerfeldt: Would this work for Youtube rented movies?
Hi, my son needs to watch Gran Torino for a film assignment and it's not on Amazon. It is available to stream as a rental from Youtube. Would ClearPlay work for that? Your description suggests any movie streamed would work for ClearPlay, and your ClearPlay website says it's been through Gran Torino, but in the comments, Youtube is not specifically mentioned.
- (2020-03-06, v:0.9.14.81) Claudia Batista: Grayish picture
Tried watching amovie on amazon prime. The picture was really gray. Not sure why? Went on microsoft edge and played the same movie the grayish tint was gone.
- (2020-02-09, v:0.9.14.81) Joesph Searles: Steaming question
I would like to stream my prime account from my smart TV. Is there a app download to add to my TV?
- (2019-12-27, v:0.9.14.81) Andy Faulkner: Plans to work with Disney Plus
I have been a long time Clearplay subscriber, and I have seen Clearplay enter into streaming technology with much excitement. We have used your service using everything from Netflix DVDs, Red Box, to Amazon Prime. My family now subscribes to Disney Plus. Since they have continued to let you filter their properties on Amazon, and now Vudu, will you be planning to approach them to partner with their streaming service. I hope so since they turn out a huge chunk of streaming content. Thank you.
- (2019-12-04, v:0.9.14.81) Anita Cummings: Problem with using clear play
I am a member of clear play. I am having a problem knowing how to make clear play work on a movie when I watch in on Amazon Prime. The automatic option doesn't seem to show up or I can't find it. Thank you [email protected]
- (2019-11-28, v:0.9.14.81) Leah Brewer: Cancel Please
Hello, Please cancel my subscription. Thank you, Leah Brewer
- (2019-11-15, v:0.9.14.81) Andy Faulkner: Family Plus & Disney Plus
I see that you filter many Disney properties on Amazon and Vudu. Any chance that you will be working with the subscribers of Disney + to filter on that platform as well since you are allowed to do it through other providers?
- (2019-07-02, v:0.9.14.77) Texas Canuck: Change card and cancel options don't work
I tried to change my credit card payment methods several times and it kept charging my original card so I cancelled my membership earlier in June as a result. It seems like even the cancellation didn't work since it charged my card again on June 22nd. This has been extremely frustrating. Please fix your plugin.
- (2019-05-17, v:0.9.14.70) Nathan Hale Movies: Requests
I just requested a few movies to be filtered, how long does it usually take for them to be filtered?
- (2019-05-04, v:0.9.14.70) Donna O: signing in
We're having trouble signing in. We usually have a 5 letter password, but it's asking for 4.
- (2019-03-25, v:0.9.14.66) Sherry Callison: Hulu
Does this work on Hulu?
- (2019-02-26, v:0.9.14.66) sgttiffany21: What is going on?
I have tried several times to “Join” but it just keeps directing me back to google chrome... even though I’m already on it!
- (2019-01-24, v:0.9.14.66) does not work
ClearPlay (extension ID "kbaabmojnmcfjjdegknpkhgffbjekbnn") is blocked by the administrator.
- (2019-01-23, v:0.9.14.66) Andy Adami: Firestick
Can I use ClearPlay on my TV through Amazon Firestick?
- (2018-09-20, v:0.9.14.01) Eric Luoma: filter box not popping up for me to choose levels
Good morning, Your site was recommended to me to filter out profanity from movies. I have tried it from my PC, my iPad and iPhone - no filters selections come up. I am using Chrome and watching from Amazon Prime movie - am i doing something wrong? Thank you!