What it does: ClearPlay enables families to skip and mute content in streaming movies so you can enjoy the show with your family…
What it does: ClearPlay enables families to skip and mute content in streaming movies so you can enjoy the show with your family audience. Why you should install it: Install if you want to filter specific scenes or language from streaming movies. It works with movies played from a desktop in a Chrome browser. Playback Notice: When using the filtering feature, the performance of the motion picture is altered from the performance intended by the director or copyright holder of the motion picture. Patents: Many thanks to ClearPlay inventors whose efforts have been awarded several patents, including: 9,628,852; 6,889,383; 6,898,799; 7,526,784; 7,543,318; 7,577,970; 7,975,021; 8,117,282. More Pending.
- (2018-09-28) Gregory Mockett: I have always loved ClearPlay for allowing us to feel good (safe) about catching up on all the movies we chose to miss at the theater because of certain disagreeable content, but this is the best ClearPay product, yet! Its as easy as finding a movie on Amazon/Prime and accepting (or modifying) the filter options and clicking play. Kudos!
- (2018-08-19) Devon Wright: We selected for all harsh swearing to be removed but there was still several F words that were missed. Had to stop our movie halfway through after realizing that ClearPlay missed more than half of what we tried to remove.
- (2018-08-03) Kevin W: Clearplay makes watching movies good again.
- (2018-06-24) Alexandra Madsen: This is the best video filter I have seen in some time! User friendly and adaptable for all audiences.
- (2018-06-22) Mark Lewis: I wasn't sure how good this product was going to be. I'm glad I was proven wrong. I really like how this works. I love how you can have so much control over what can and can't be filtered. Great product!
- (2018-06-22) Mandaria Taylor: I'm so excited about this! The extension is super easy to navigate. I can filter my movies anywhere now!!! Thank you, ClearPlay!
- (2017-08-03) Robert Baribeau: This program is a huge leap forward for ClearPlay! I've waited a long time for the ability to turn specific words and scenes on or off. It doesn't filter as many movies as the old, Google Play service did (about 100 so far), but it's so much better. My wife and I use my Steam Link to connect my computer to our entertainment system, so it works perfectly for us. We have a Netflix subscription and lot of movies on VUDU too, so I hope they filter stuff on those platforms eventually. Then again, this was only launched two months ago, so the fact that they've done this much already is pretty impressive.
- (2017-08-03) Scott Cruze: I've watched 20+ movies without any problems and the filtering has been flawless for me. I've been able to watch both rented and Amazon Prime movies. I connect to my TV using an HDMI cable and haven't seen any lag while I've watched.
- (2017-08-01) Nathan McClellan: Needs some help. It is jumpy and sluggish and I want to watch movies on my TV not on my computer.
- (2017-07-31) andy smith: doesn't work on any devices other than a browser. and it died on me multiple times during my film! I had to watch heads getting blown off. not worth the risk.
- (2017-06-14) Emanuel Crandell: So glad that its on Amazon Prime. We can enjoy movies with the family without the curse bombs and look away scenes. We used it on Google Movies for awhile but the movies were getting to expensive.
- (2017-06-10) Donald Toomey: It doesn't listen when you say you want to see something in the movie. Also the movie we watched still had profanity in it that they missed. The selection is very limited and it is difficult to browse the movies. Sometimes I click the extension and nothing happens.
- (2017-06-04) Kelton Kidman: Awesome! Very simple interface. Very user friendly. Family entertainment is back
- (2017-06-03) Dustin Hanson: ClearPlay for Amazon Prime is amazing! I'm so excited to have the ClearPlay service/functionality extended through Amazon Prime. For those of you unfamiliar with ClearPlay, it allows consumers the ability to filter out content that they find offensive from movies. So, say you want to watch a movie together as a family, but you know there is some content that is inappropriate for your younger children. No problem! Just select the scenes/content you want ClearPlay to filter out, and voila!
- (2017-06-03) J Friedman: This is AWESOME! ClearPlay and Amazon Prime video is like peanut butter and jelly. The two just naturally go well together. The idea is pretty simple: ClearPlay gives consumers the option to watch good movies without being bombarded with what "culture" tells us is "acceptable" regarding language, sexuality and violence. Couple that with Amazon Prime video, and it's a huge win for families!
- (2017-06-01) Cody Taylor: I am blown away by how simple and easy-to-use ClearPlay for Amazon is! Not only do I get to continue using the familiar interface of Amazon movies and Prime, but the ClearPlay is barely noticeable, yet easily accessable! Other filtered movie services have not only come and gone, but I had to get accustomed to how to navigate them and then I had to decide which movies I wanted to buy on Amazon Movies and which movies I wanted to have filtered through the other service. Now everything is all in one convenient place. Bravo ClearPlay! *slow clap*
- (2020-03-30, v:0.9.14.90) aaron sommerfeldt: Would this work for Youtube rented movies?
Hi, my son needs to watch Gran Torino for a film assignment and it's not on Amazon. It is available to stream as a rental from Youtube. Would ClearPlay work for that? Your description suggests any movie streamed would work for ClearPlay, and your ClearPlay website says it's been through Gran Torino, but in the comments, Youtube is not specifically mentioned.
- (2020-03-06, v:0.9.14.81) Claudia Batista: Grayish picture
Tried watching amovie on amazon prime. The picture was really gray. Not sure why? Went on microsoft edge and played the same movie the grayish tint was gone.
- (2020-02-09, v:0.9.14.81) Joesph Searles: Steaming question
I would like to stream my prime account from my smart TV. Is there a app download to add to my TV?
- (2019-12-27, v:0.9.14.81) Andy Faulkner: Plans to work with Disney Plus
I have been a long time Clearplay subscriber, and I have seen Clearplay enter into streaming technology with much excitement. We have used your service using everything from Netflix DVDs, Red Box, to Amazon Prime. My family now subscribes to Disney Plus. Since they have continued to let you filter their properties on Amazon, and now Vudu, will you be planning to approach them to partner with their streaming service. I hope so since they turn out a huge chunk of streaming content. Thank you.
- (2019-12-04, v:0.9.14.81) Anita Cummings: Problem with using clear play
I am a member of clear play. I am having a problem knowing how to make clear play work on a movie when I watch in on Amazon Prime. The automatic option doesn't seem to show up or I can't find it. Thank you [email protected]
- (2019-11-28, v:0.9.14.81) Leah Brewer: Cancel Please
Hello, Please cancel my subscription. Thank you, Leah Brewer
- (2019-11-15, v:0.9.14.81) Andy Faulkner: Family Plus & Disney Plus
I see that you filter many Disney properties on Amazon and Vudu. Any chance that you will be working with the subscribers of Disney + to filter on that platform as well since you are allowed to do it through other providers?
- (2019-07-02, v:0.9.14.77) Texas Canuck: Change card and cancel options don't work
I tried to change my credit card payment methods several times and it kept charging my original card so I cancelled my membership earlier in June as a result. It seems like even the cancellation didn't work since it charged my card again on June 22nd. This has been extremely frustrating. Please fix your plugin.
- (2019-05-17, v:0.9.14.70) Nathan Hale: Requests
I just requested a few movies to be filtered, how long does it usually take for them to be filtered?
- (2019-05-04, v:0.9.14.70) Donna O: signing in
We're having trouble signing in. We usually have a 5 letter password, but it's asking for 4.
- (2019-03-25, v:0.9.14.66) Sherry Callison: Hulu
Does this work on Hulu?
- (2019-02-26, v:0.9.14.66) sgttiffany21: What is going on?
I have tried several times to “Join” but it just keeps directing me back to google chrome... even though I’m already on it!
- (2019-01-24, v:0.9.14.66) does not work
ClearPlay (extension ID "kbaabmojnmcfjjdegknpkhgffbjekbnn") is blocked by the administrator.
- (2019-01-23, v:0.9.14.66) Andy Adami: Firestick
Can I use ClearPlay on my TV through Amazon Firestick?
- (2018-09-20, v:0.9.14.01) Eric Luoma: filter box not popping up for me to choose levels
Good morning, Your site was recommended to me to filter out profanity from movies. I have tried it from my PC, my iPad and iPhone - no filters selections come up. I am using Chrome and watching from Amazon Prime movie - am i doing something wrong? Thank you!