The entire page will be fading to dark, so you can watch the videos as if you were in the cinema. Works for YouTube™ and beyond.
With a single click on the lamp button, the page will fade to dark. And automatically focus on the video. By clicking on it again, the page will return to normal. Turn Off the Lights is a lightweight and useful add-in designed for a more comfortable watching experience. It works for all known video sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Hulu, Metacafe, YouKu, etc. Not only this but these extensions are compatible with Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Maxthon and Yandex web browsers. A few great features in this browser extension: + Turn the lights back on, by clicking on it + Support multiple video sites: YouTube, HTML5 video,... and more + Customize your YouTube: Auto HD: Set videos to play in HD automatically. Users can select from highres > 8K > 5K > 4K > 1080p > 720p > 480p > 360p > 240p > 144p > default Auto Wide: Automatically plays the video on the widest mode ,... and more + Easter Eggs: Shortcut key: T -> Do you like a real movie theatre feeling? + Option to make the screen dark when the user clicks on the play button + Option to turn on/off the fade in and fade out effects + Custom colours + Option to Flash Detection + Option to Show Dimness Level Bar + Option Eye Protection for when it's night. And with whitelist/blacklist filter + Option atmosphere lighting that shows a glow around the video player + Option to show the dark layer on the top of the window + Options to shortcut keys: Ctrl + Shift + L to toggle the lights Alt + F8 to restore the default opacity value Alt + F9 to save the current opacity value Alt + F10 to enable/disable the Eye Protection feature Alt + (arrow up) to increase the opacity Alt + (arrow down) to decrease the opacity Alt + * to toggle the lights on all open tabs + Option Camera Motion + Option Speech Recognition + Option for Mouse Wheel Volume Control for each HTML5 video player + Option to add a filter to the current HTML5 video player (grayscale, sepia, invert, contrast, saturate, hue rotation and brightness) + Option to show the Audio Visualization effect on top of the current HTML5 video (Blocks, Frequency and Music Tunnel) + Option to fill the HTML5 video player in your whole current tab + Option to loop the current HTML5 video player + Option to place the Night Mode switch to toggle YouTube in black or white theme. And with whitelist/blacklist filter Time stamp: Activate the Night Mode within the chosen time Blackout: Dims the web page and activates the Night Mode + Option to stop YouTube and HTML5 videos from automatically playing. + Option Video Screen capture for YouTube and all the HTML5 video players One frame snapshot to customize the screenshot with filters such as Invert, Blur, Saturation, Grayscale, Hue rotate, etc. And finally save the screenshot as PNG, JPEG, BMP or WEBP image format + Option to Zoom in video player + Option to HTML5 video playback rate + and more... Don't forget to like & Follow Us: Facebook https://www.facebook.com/turnoffthelight Twitter https://twitter.com/TurnOfftheLight Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/turnoffthelight Instagram https://www.instagram.com/turnoffthelights YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/turnoffthelights Required Permissions: "contextMenus": This to add the "Darken this page" menu item in the web browser context menu. "tabs": This is needed for the following features: to show you the welcome and guide page, detect the current playing HTML5 video, take a screenshot of the HTML5 video, and to open the Options page. "storage": This to save the settings on your local computer, and to sync it to your web browser account. "<all_urls>": This to control the lamp button on all websites that include http, https, file, and ftp. Feel free to contact us if there is any problem or suggestion. Compatible with Adblock, AdBlock Pus, uBlock Origin Chrome extension. Note: YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. Turn Off the Lights™ is not created by, affiliated with, or supported by Google Inc.
- (2021-07-25) Виталий Кравчук: Good
- (2021-07-24) Jesus Castro: Fascinante!
- (2021-07-23) robert bradshaw: lers see
- (2021-07-22) Akmal Shouhdy: good
- (2021-07-18) Aditya Pandey: saved my eye ......
- (2021-07-14) nestor felipe: good accessory
- (2021-07-12) Vidya Kiranmai.V: it reads your browsing data and it opens sexual contents don't install this app
- (2021-07-09) mohammad asif: very very great. very helpful
- (2021-07-07) Harrison Holihan: Helps with auto HD conversion!
- (2021-07-06) Taz: Groovy!
- (2021-07-06) you are dumb: julian said it was bad 0/10000 yo mamma subscribe to you are dumb bc its free and dream is hot
- (2021-07-04) Austin Messenger: Cant scroll with it on
- (2021-07-04) Carlos Quintana: muy bueno.....
- (2021-07-03) Undead: Literally worthless. Simply an opaque screen-sized element that tints the entire page black. No adjusting style sheets, no accounting for contrast, nothing. Just a mechanism for delivering advertisement to the user.
- (2021-07-01) Shirley Giselle Perez Pinedo: Me encantó =")
- (2021-06-30) Arkadip Basu: good utility
- (2021-06-29) 케인인: 잘모르겠네요 영상에서 본것처럼 내가 보고 싶은 곳만 밝게 해주는것 같이 설명되있었는데 화면 전체를 어둡게 하는거더라고요 그럼에도 나쁘지 않았어요
- (2021-06-28) Sommat Faegsakehn: ขอลองใช้ดูก่อนถ้าโอเคเดวหัยห้าดาว
- (2021-06-27) Gary Mulhollan: Had this extension for a long time, useful for pages beyond YouTube that don't have a dark mode. Can easily customize how dark I want the page to be. I'd like it more if I could click on stuff other than videos without turning it off and then having to turn it back on for the next page.
- (2021-06-26) Mohammad Mehdi: It doesn't negatively affect me, but it also doesn't help. On websites besides YouTube, it literally just does the same thing as me turning down my brightness, and even on YouTube, I usually have full screen anyway. Overall, not particularly helpful.
- (2021-06-23) E P: Great for wanting the "Full screen video" experience from youtube with low resolution video, I just dim lights with this and push F11 to hide top toolbar and it works great. Makes image sharper than just doing youtube full screen.
- (2021-06-18) naraka lrls: ดีๆ
- (2021-06-13) Maria Ivanovna: Good like
- (2021-06-11) Fysul Ahmed: nice
- (2021-06-10) L: Great when working on the evening. I can't change the brightness on my computer and so it allows me to dim all my internet pages when reading or working. It was a bit hard for me to figure out how to make it so that all pages are dimmed and stay dim even when clicking (the star missing is for the settings that I found took too much time to understand and change) but now it's done and quite comfortable to use!
- (2021-06-07) Dasha Jennifer: genial!!
- (2021-06-07) Nfoula Playz: thank you
- (2021-06-05) Николай Одинец: вс отлично спасибо
- (2021-06-04) Kyle Perk: I just don't see the point of it...
- (2021-06-03) Apple Pie: Very Bad. In the picture it shows its beautiful but its not it just become dims. This extension recieves 0 STARS! but i gotta gave it one star ooof
- (2021-06-03) Macy Wright: It dimmed the page when there was no dark mode for one of the websites I use and it doesn't take up a lot of space. It is also free.
- (2021-06-01) Franellomeno Commercialy: Sarebbe stato più bello se avessero aggiunto più effetti.
- (2021-06-01) Артем MSD: топ
- (2021-05-31) Бахром Мадаминов: спасибо
- (2021-05-30) митч вафел: ok
- (2021-05-29) Marie Claudine VIL: ok
- (2021-05-20) Vaughn Ger: dumpster tier plugin does nothing. dunno how it got 4 stars bots must've costed a fortune.
- (2021-05-18) salih malady: i like it
- (2021-05-16) Ruben Rodriguez: excelente app...practica y facil.
- (2021-05-15) Hoang-Phuc Tran: It doesn't work as I expected firstly the voice recognition didn't work secondly it didn't work on the PWA's of YouTube, nowadays nobody use youtube within the browser tab they use it on PWA!!!
- (2021-05-12) mac_knight141: this is owesome.. I use it for my online class lectures works...
- (2021-05-06) sofia robayo: es bien chingon
- (2021-05-05) Radio Thailand: Claims to work for Google Docs. I don't see how, there's nothing to click. Useless extension, hopefully not malware.
- (2021-05-04) Guilherme Porto: Rlly nice, i luv that
- (2021-05-04) Tom - Roblox YouTube Videos!: it workes on youtube not any site the screen will not be lights on screen
- (2021-05-03) AlamoDoc: Turns the light off for the entire screen, including the video.
- (2021-05-01) Brian Vezina: Don't worry there's a hell of a lot of people that are just not educated on this planet . Anyways it's doing a great job on my machines .I happen to love this app thanks.
- (2021-05-01) Waúrka 593: buena
- (2021-04-29) Jim: nice extension. i use it all the time!
- (2021-04-28) Dimitris Kontos: poly kalo
4.6 (35,786 votes)
Last update / version
2021-03-31 / 188.8.131.52