The entire page will be fading to dark, so you can watch the videos as if you were in the cinema. Works for YouTube™ and beyond.
With a single click on the lamp button, the page will fade to dark. And automatically focus on the video. By clicking on it again, the page will return to normal. Turn Off the Lights is a lightweight and useful add-in designed for a more comfortable watching experience. A few great features in this browser extension: + Turn the lights back on, by clicking on it + Support multiple video sites: YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo,... and more + Customize your YouTube: Auto HD: Set videos to play in HD automatically. Users can select from highres > 8K > 5K > 4K > 1080p > 720p > 480p > 360p > 240p > 144p > default Auto Wide: Automatically plays the video on the widest mode ,... and more + Easter Eggs: Shortcut key: T -> Do you like a real movie theater feeling? + Option to make the screen dark when the user clicks on the play button + Option to turn on/off the fade in and fade out effects + Custom colors + Option to Flash Detection + Option to Show Dimness Level Bar + Option Eye Protection for when it's night. And with a whitelist/blacklist filter + Option atmosphere lighting that shows a glow around the video player + Option to show the dark layer on the top of the window + Options to shortcut keys: Ctrl + Shift + L to toggle the lights Alt + F8 to restore the default opacity value Alt + F9 to save the current opacity value Alt + F10 to enable/disable the Eye Protection feature Alt + (arrow up) to increase the opacity Alt + (arrow down) to decrease the opacity Alt + * to toggle the lights on all open tabs + Option Camera Motion + Option Speech Recognition + Option for Mouse Wheel Volume Control for each video player + Option to add a filter to the current video player (grayscale, sepia, invert, contrast, saturate, hue rotation, and brightness) + Option to show the Audio Visualization effect on top of the current video (Blocks, Frequency, and Music Tunnel) + Option to fill the video player in your whole current tab + Option to loop the current video player + Option to place the Night Mode switch to toggle YouTube in black or white theme. And with a whitelist/blacklist filter Timestamp: Activate the Night Mode within the chosen time Blackout: Dims the web page and activates the Night Mode + Option to stop YouTube and HTML5 videos from automatically playing. + Option Video Screen capture for YouTube and all the HTML5 video players One frame snapshot to customize the screenshot with filters such as Invert, Blur, Saturation, Grayscale, Hue rotate, etc. And finally save the screenshot in PNG, JPEG, BMP, or WEBP image format + Option to Zoom in the video player + Option to video playback rate + and more... Do not forget to Like & Follow Us: Facebook https://www.facebook.com/turnoffthelight Twitter https://www.twitter.com/TurnOfftheLight Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/turnoffthelight Instagram https://www.instagram.com/turnoffthelights YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/turnoffthelights Required Permissions: "contextMenus": This is to add the "Darken this page" menu item in the web browser context menu. "tabs": This is needed for the following features: to show you the welcome and guide page, detect the current playing video, take a screenshot of the video, and open the Options page. "storage": This is to save the settings on your local computer and sync it to your web browser account. "<all_urls>": This is to control the lamp button on all websites that include http, https, file, and ftp. Feel free to contact us if there is any problem or suggestion. Compatible with Adblock, AdBlock Pus, uBlock Origin Chrome extension. Note: YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. Turn Off the Lights™ is not created by, affiliated with, or supported by Google Inc.
- (2023-09-14) K P: Too many ads, youtube channels, opening tabs for a dumb extension that can be replaced with a simple css file in Stylus lol
- (2023-09-08) kim-peter :WAGNER (Ephi22): ToP ! sehhhhhhhr angenehm !!! Danke
- (2023-09-06) igor beli: хорошее расширение
- (2023-09-05) D C: All it does is change the background to green i.e. makes it brighter. I'm using Google Experiments (GE) "Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents" just changed it from "enabled" to "HSL.... and no difference. Presumably many who have an interest in intelligent viewing would use both so perhaps there should be some reference to compatibility with GE and other dark mode extensions.
- (2023-09-05) kuzkina matuhka: эффект даже больше чем обещано. однозначно кинотеатр, в тот момент когда еще не начался фильм, а свет уже гаснет - всё потемнело
- (2023-08-30) дмитрий чистяков: все очень хорошо работает молодци
- (2023-08-28) Steve Berry: Waste of time and space. Really, a dark overlay. Complete rubbish.
- (2023-08-27) Brajesh Sharma: It works great on youtube but , if any section having a background video, it effect in that too also because of that actions cant be make on it for eg. https://www.pexels.com/@pressmaster/ video grid is disturbed
- (2023-08-26) Brad Sharp: I don't see the point. I click the icon in the tool bar and everything gets much dimmer. The white text becomes dark gray on a very dark background, making it unreadable. Whenever I click anything, everything goes back to normal. I can find no settings anywhere to customize the experience. When I click on "options", I expect to see options. However, I'm taken to a Youtube page that requires me to subscribe to move forward. Sorry to sound negative. But the user experience and apparent functionality are very lacking.
- (2023-08-21) Z: When I was searching how to make Dark Reader ignore the video controls in embeds, not a major issue since the video itself wasn't inverted, I stumbled upon an article written by a staff member of this extension, "3 Reasons to Move from Dark Reader to Turn Off the Lights Best Tool", so I figured I'd try it out and it's inferior to Dark Reader in all regards, it just adds a transparent mask over the entire page and doesn't invert anything. Then I actually read the article, thinking what the heck how is this better? They doxed the name and location of a Dark Reader developer in that article... Then I see the uninstall pop-ups and some of the replies to the reviews here... The staff for this extension are unhinged charlatans.
- (2023-08-18) Frances Mitchell: extremely hard to use and completely ineffective for pinterest
- (2023-08-16) Shane Armstrong: dark
- (2023-08-14) Randy Martin: Used to love it, as it blocked the majority of Twitch's invasive ads, every 10 mins for 2 mins. Now it stopped doing that completely
- (2023-08-10) Rafe Goldberg: This extension does not require access to all my browsing activity just to dim a YouTube page. Further, when I tried to uninstall, they throw a million pop ups in your way to confuse you. Clear spammer vibes. All of which suggests that this extension is a data mining op, whoring you/your data out to third parties all for a minor convenience which I'm sure other, more limited extensions do just as well. Do not install! And if you have, uninstall.
- (2023-08-04) Aliyah Roma Gorro: I absolutely love this extension!! I've been finding a extension so I can protect my eyes when I'm surfing the web during night time and this extension is literally perfect!! For the people who are having trouble with this, they have a lot of videos of it on youtube which is very helpful if you have any confusion on how it works but I love it how they're so considering about the users which in my opinion is a 10000/10 for me :)
- (2023-07-22) Luca Della Nina: puoi nascondere le cose alla tua ragazza o al tuo capo o a tuo fratello e poi ti si oscura lo schermo no di troppo
- (2023-07-20) Icode13: Sss
- (2023-07-08) Minh Wibu: very good
- (2023-07-04) jonathan wells: excelent
- (2023-06-10) VarvaRa Natynchik: топчик
- (2023-06-07) Alan Hughes: Doesn't work. It just hides the 60fps options and only shows the low res options which were all already 30fps anyways...
- (2023-06-06) Jonathan Noel: The extension is good, but once you peak at the permissions it defaults too... it mysteriously includes payment info, 3rd party sign in, and protected content ID.... THIS EXTENSION IS MALICIOUS! Block and remove immediately!
- (2023-05-28) Marieta Campoblanco Carhuachin: work perfect for youtube
- (2023-05-26) Michel Angel: ótimo APP só falta padrão no APP Youtube em parceria também sempre
- (2023-05-10) VICTOR CADILLO DEL CASTILLO: Excelente aplicación
- (2023-05-06) Alex Takamatsu: excelente
- (2023-05-01) Jason Dockery: Doesn't work for ESPN. Literally just dims the screen and then as soon as you click on something it turns full bright again. Completely misleading and useless.
- (2023-04-30) валера вапера: класс
- (2023-04-29) Mazyar Farrokhpoor Tabrizi: Hello with the best days
- (2023-04-22) Splinter WRLD: horribly misleading
- (2023-04-22) татьяна дубровина: Отлично работает, удобно очень
- (2023-04-20) DANIEL “KEGONNi” RAZUMILOV: nice
- (2023-04-17) חוה ברוידי: תוסף מדהים חובה לכל אדם שמשתמש הרבה במחשב.
- (2023-04-13) منصور ”أبو محمد“ الحربي: شكراااا جزيلا لكم جميعااااااا اضافة رائعة
- (2023-04-12) Franco Catalan: F11: I'm going to ruin this man's whole career
- (2023-04-05) No Plastic: It is a nice addon but I have one complaint which is when I refresh the video it restarts from the begining and not remembering the point I was on before refreshing. Is there a setting for this I can set or it is by design? Thanks a lot!
- (2023-04-04) Papryk: I can't believe people give some many 5 start, for me it works terribly. Google translate from hard to watch turned to hard to use. There are some colors configurations and they don't work properly.
- (2023-03-29) Erol EKŞİ: Beğenerek kullanıyorum,saatlerce pc başındayım gözlerim yorulmuyor...
- (2023-03-26) 抜刀隊: ナイトモードがとても役に立ってます。タブ別に設定できるのでとても使い安ですね。
- (2023-03-22) Nick Kuhn: Trash, don't install this malware like I did
- (2023-03-18) Karol Romaniuk: First which actually works to make use of ultrawide monitor with that zoom feature! Awesome!
- (2023-03-10) Omurbek Kalybekov: Отличное расширение. Отлично придумано, работает безупречно
- (2023-03-10) Daniel Ortiz Espitia: Pésima. no funciona en absoluto. Desagradable totalmente
- (2023-02-27) antonio espinosa martinez: genialmente útil
- (2023-02-26) Yagamy Light: So, the only reason I installed it is to zoom inside a video to see something up close, which is advertised on the extensions' youtube channel. Well, it's utterly broken. The zooming-in per se works, but it's unusable. First of, after you zoomed-in you need to move to the portion of the screen you wanna see. You can't do that by dragging stuff around, you have to click buttons on a panel. And by "click" I mean really it: holding down the button does nothing, you have to click the button like a hundred of times, because each one moves the square by like a few millimeters. To make things worse, changing the movement direction between horizontal and vertical sometimes makes video reload, losing all progress completely, so good luck having another hundred of clicks. After stroking that for like a five minutes I finally managed to get the zoom. Well, guess what then happened? I full-screened the video, and it simply lost the zoom 🤷♂️ Amazing. Not gonna try that… thing again. Removing.
- (2023-02-18) Cadell Vas: Setting youtube to max res by default is amazing
- (2023-02-17) Code Hemu: Good work my computer🥰
- (2023-02-17) Hemanta gayen: Good extension🥰
- (2023-02-17) NeedEvery: Loved it Its work good
- (2023-02-17) tr sx: 少し前までは問題なく動作していたのですが、画面フィルターをONにしても、WEBページ内をクリックすると解除されてしまい使えなくなりました。
4.6 (33,476 votes)
Last update / version
2023-01-26 / 188.8.131.52