Omnibug is a browser extension to decode and display outgoing digital marketing tool requests.
Omnibug is a Chrome extension built to ease developing and QAing today's marketing technologies. Each outgoing request (sent by the browser) is checked for a pattern; if a match occurs, the URL is displayed in a DevTools panel, and decoded to show the details of the request. In addition, requests can be exported as a Tab or CSV file. Out of the box, it can recognize most major Analytics & UX testing platforms and we're always working on adding more. Omnibug has been in use worldwide since 2007. Recent Release Notes (You can view all of our release notes at https://omnibug.io/help/changelog/) - v1.17.0: Added TikTok and Demandbase as new providers, support for Mparticle v3, and first-party implementations of Google Analytics. Highlighted rows in dark mode and copying in Chrome now work. - v1.16.1: Renamed Universal Analytics to Google Analytics, Fixed issues with the App+Web deployment method - v1.16.0: Added Lytics as a new provider - v1.15.0: Added 5 new providers (Bing Ads, Snap Pixel, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Criteo OneTag), as well as a few minor bug fixes - v1.14.0: Added the ability to resize the variable name/value, minor UI updates
- (2020-07-10) Ryan Ratkowski: Not showing in dev tools
- (2020-03-18) Kevin Pillay: I am white.
- (2019-10-07) Whit Waldo: Wonderful tool - invaluable for easily picking up analytics requests on the page.
- (2019-04-01) Brandon Flynn: Glorious. I do Adobe Analytics implementation for an analytics company. I use it every day and I recommend it for anyone. A few things I'd suggest to the devs: - Perhaps give more options to hide fields or customize which data you're being shown. I understand there's some options like that now but I think it could go further: Something like "only show me events" under the 'Summary' tab. 90% of the time events, props and evars are the only parameters I'm looking at. - It would be great, as far as Adobe Analytics goes, if each request could note the rule name associated with it. Sometime I see that a tag has fired with unexpected parameters and have to do some investigation to determine which rule it's coming from. I was using Tagtician for this use-case but it doesn't seem to work 100% of the time. - This might be a bit overkill or outside of scope but having the ability to switch environments would be interested. Oh and kudos for that "Hang on a second! This popup doesn't actually do anything for Omnibug!" message. Great idea considering most of these reviews, lol.
- (2018-11-15) Viktar Kadol: It was quite good, but unfortunately new fancy version(1.2.3) is not working with adobe analytics. Well... that sucks. UPD: everything is working again, just cleaned up all extensions, and re-installed needed. Maybe there were some conflicts.
- (2018-08-07) GreatWestGlobal AM: Not working at all
- (2018-06-12) Gicell Schaenzler: The icon is greyed out and I can't use it
- (2018-06-04) Alex S: it does not show me any omniture events
- (2017-12-07) Ahmad Zuraiqi: NOT WORKING AT ALL
- (2017-07-31) Dave Hamel: I use this everyday. I love it.
- (2017-05-04) Essola Hansa: Very nice!
- (2016-05-22) Peace&Love World: great add on!
- (2020-06-16, v:1.16.0) Elizabeth Tng: Omnibug not showing in developer tools
Omnibug use to work, but recently it has disappeared and I can no longer see it. After uninstalling and installing again, it still does not show.
- (2020-06-12, v:1.16.0) lee donghun: omnibug tab is not showing on Devtool
Hi. I have installed omnibug for AEM, but the tab is not showing on my Chrome dev tool as your screenshot.
- (2020-06-08, v:1.16.0) Obakeng Mogapi: chrome extension unavailable
Hi, I have been using your extension for a short while now and i see all of a sudden the extension isn't available when i inspect to see the data. Was there a security update the restricts this or what might be the way to fix it?
- (2020-06-01, v:1.16.0) Jason Ambrose: Omnibug tab not showing any longer in Incognito mode
I am no longer able to get the Omnibug tab to show up in Chrome when using Incognito mode. I do have the "Allow in Incognito" option enabled and have tried resetting my settings, disabling/enabling, and re-installing. Wondering if it is conflicting with the latest Chrome version (v 83.0.4103.61), which now has a new "Lighthouse" tab showing up where "Omnibug" typically does in the Dev tools listing after the "Security" option.
- (2020-03-26, v:1.14.0) Wei Chan: I am not able to install this on my chrome
Hello. I keep getting error, access denied. My company tech support state there should not be any permission issues on my end. What do you need to help diagnose?
- (2020-03-04, v:1.14.0) Melissa Paloti: Requests are blank
Hi! I have used Omnibug for a long time, but suddenly am having an issue. I can see the requests (for Adobe, etc.) but when I expand them, they are blank - there is no data visible at all. I've confirmed our tags are firing, have tried reinstalling Omnibug, have updated Chrome and have rebooted my machine. Any other tips?
- (2019-01-21, v:1.3.0) Omnibug not showing Adobe Analytics tags but we can see they're firing on the "Network" tab when using F12
Hi, Omnibug isn't showing up analytics tags even though we know they're firing as they show up on the Network tab of the developer tools. It was working perfectly on the site until a couple months ago (3 approx) and it's working perfectly on our other site. Any idea what the issue is?
- (2018-10-01, v:1.2.3) Joo-yeon Lee: Filter menus are inactive
Only Adobe Analytics is active, and others are not active.
- (2018-08-09, v:1.2.1) Omnibug in secret mode
Hi, I'd like to use Omnibug in secret mode chrome, but it doesn't installed in secret mode. Is there way I can figure this out?
- (2018-06-12, v:0.5.515) Gicell Schaenzler: Greyed out extension
I just cant seem to get this to work. The icon is greyed out and i searched to address and it's not working
- (2018-03-21, v:0.5.515) Devin Elliott: Click events will not expand
Hello - When I try to expand the click events to see the tag name, the click event entries do not expand. Please advise.
- (2018-01-19, v:0.5.515) Omnibug - Entries do not expand
Hello. I have been using Omnibug for many months now but all of a sudden I am not able to extend the entries on I click on them within the developer tools. Any chance there is a quick fix for this ?
- (2017-12-13, v:0.5.515) Kumar Ankur: Omnibug
I have downloaded the Omnibug and added as extention; The icon 'O'but appears on top right cornor which gives four mainly four choices which 'Omnibug' which directs to website, 'options' and 'manage extention' The main question is how can I use it? Please advise.
- (2017-11-10, v:0.5.515) Enabled but not Functioning
I'm trying to use Omnibug on Chrome and I can't get it to turn on/do anything. Clicking the icon gives you options of: Omnibug - which takes you to a website, options, remove, hide, and manage extensions. The extension is enabled. I tried everything but still can't get it to work.
- (2017-10-27, v:0.5.514) Gosia Pi: Omnibug is not responsive
I use Omnibug to check on the tagging of various websites. I use Chrome browser. When I open the browser using a screen that is not the default one (I have 3 screens), Omnibug interface freezes ie I cannot unfold the event details by clicking on the arrow, the whole developer panel freeze as well so I cannot change between Omnibug, Audists, Security etc. It's been happening to my colleagues as well. It started happening about 1 month ago. Thank you!
- (2017-10-03, v:0.5.514) David Elias: Exanding
Entries will not expand. If i modify the setting for entries to be automatically expanded, I seem to encounter issues with the scroll bar. DE