Position a ruler on the webpage to measure elements in pixels
Add a ruler on your mouse which you can use to measure anything on the webpage by clicking/dragging. Features 1.Click on the screen to see the dimensions with the grid lines. 2.Click and Drag your mouse and draw shapes you want to measure on the webpage. 3.Width, height, left, right, top and bottom dimensions of the shape is displayed in pixels on the page. How to use 1. Add Ruler extension. 2. Click on the Ruler icon at the top right corner of the webpage to start/stop the Ruler.
- (2021-06-06) Bay Chang: This ruler extension changes your default search engine.
- (2021-05-22) PossessWithin: The extension automatically changed my search engine to BING instead of Google. It's probably getting data too. I'm never downloading anything else from this developer.
- (2021-05-19) RAJ RAJESHWAR SINGH RATHORE: The extension is good and works fine but it changes the google chrome omni bar's default URL from google.com to 'ivsmartfind.com'. Doing so without asking for any permission or anything is not good. Instead I am using Page Ruler Redux now.
- (2021-05-17) Christopher Sims: This extension changes your search to a sketch site. Reported and uninstalled.
- (2021-05-14) Mauro Accorinti: Changes your browser's default search engine. Inexcusable.
- (2021-05-10) Guilherme Soares: DONT' INSTALL!
- (2021-04-30) Santiago Del Valle: This ruler controls the search engine in the address bar, really concerning, no idea what they do with the data, should be removed from the store.
- (2021-04-26) Stanislav: MALWARE!!!
- (2021-04-22) Carlos Gomez: I'm trying other extension. This one change my search machine engine. Other wise it do the job.
- (2021-04-16) tomo chen: it force my search engine to seach by ivsmartfind.com primary
- (2021-04-16) Clau Martin: Abro una nueva ventana y al escribir lo que quiero buscar me aparece ivsmartfind.com y nunca carga la búsqueda o palabra que busco, por eso la desinstalo.
- (2021-04-14) Kleer Keret Tali: ! Be aware! It adds a redirect! So if you'd like to google something, everything goes through ivsmarfind that is most likely tracking you. Super rude and makes your browsing slower.
- (2021-04-01) Sam Clark: The extension itself works quite well and worked as intended and what I needed it for. Unfortunately it's a bit malicious in the fact that it changes your default search engine to "ivsmartfind.com". PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS EXTENSION. I suggest finding another way to monetise your extension rather than doing something as shady as this.
- (2021-03-07) Kevin Murray: Tries to hijack search on the browser.
- (2021-03-04) Lê Tiến Phượng: I don't used it in my website
- (2021-03-01) Lê Khánh Trình: This extension changes the default search engine of Chrome from google to yahoo without any ask. Don't install it.
- (2021-02-15) Андрей Кочнев: After install changing default smart engine to track all of your searches through adres bar, malaware - report
- (2021-02-12) piyush walia: This extensions makes your search engine switch to bing... something fishy...Please dont use it..nobody knows what they are trying to do..
- (2021-02-02) Joel Mora: Change the default search engine, be careful!!!
- (2021-01-27) Abhishek Kumbhani: Why it's controlling chrome default settings? Idiot extension.. Do not recommend to anyone. Remove it now.
- (2021-01-25) Zdravko Mavkov: It just tried to reset me search engine! Good thing Chrome warned me and auto disabled it.
- (2021-01-20) Maria Suvorova: Changes the search engine. It's unacceptable. Should be removed from the store!
- (2021-01-19) shojibur rahman: My default search engine is changed and this extension controlling the search, this guy should be ban from publishing. Without my consent
- (2021-01-18) Leanne Klimek: This had some design issues (I think it's using Papyrus as a font??) but worked before about a month ago. Now it forces your default search engine to Bing, as others have mentioned. A real shame because it was one of my go-tos for measuring stuff during development. I've reported the plugin to the Chrome store because it's shady, inconvenient and very frustrating. As others have said, there are alternate ways to generate revenue--making it a paid extension, for example. Please fix this because your extension was actually good!
- (2021-01-15) Cesar Fonseca: Terrible.
- (2021-01-14) Sophie Fabian: This was my favorite tool for years, I recommended it to several coworkers. Recently it started enforcing some weird search engine, but I could disable that. Now it enforces Bing, so either Ruler and Bing or none. I'm very disappointed. I would have paid for it, it was really handy, but I'm not compromising my web security with a shady tool like this. And I have to go back to 10+ people to warn them and apologize.
- (2021-01-09) bui thanh: This extension changes the default search url. Don't install it.
- (2021-01-05) Adel Elshafey: This extension change chrome search settings to: ivsmartfind.com and detect every thing you search about
- (2020-12-28) Nesd: good
- (2020-12-25) Jakša Suzić: This was very useful addon, but suddenly (from last update) it requires control over search engine. No logic at all.
- (2020-12-23) Ana: Takes control of the browser. Uninstalled and reported
- (2020-12-22) Káiron Vinicius: Iba muy bien hasta que la extensión tomó control sobre el buscador y obliga a tener BING como buscador predeterminado. Desinstalada.
- (2020-12-16) Ximena Echeverri Perez: It was so good, had all that I need, but in the last update this extension changed the default search engine to "ivsmartfind.com", that's not ok.
- (2020-12-16) Gampang Diapal: Changed default search engine to "ivsmartfind.com", pfft
- (2020-12-16) Mạnh Nguyễn: This extension changes the default search url. Don't install it.
- (2020-12-15) Will Manders: Should have read the other reviews. This hijacks your search engine settings in chrome. Should be removed from the chrome web store.
- (2020-12-15) Kristian Gamble: Works well, but changed my default search engine which is inexcusable. This person should be banned from publishing extensions.
- (2020-12-14) Jessica Simmons: It just up & changed my browser to ivsmartfind.com with no alert from me. Trash extension.
- (2020-12-10) Ben Sterling: Changed default search engine to "ivsmartfind.com"
- (2020-12-10) Erik de Boer: This extension will change your searchengine. Don't use
- (2020-12-09) Cam Hocking: This was a useful app, but the recent update has now asked for permission to change search settings to ivsmartfind.com. I would now label this extension as malware and wouldn't recommend anyone installing it.
- (2020-12-09) Maynor Song: Why TF you have to change the search engine, there's no need for that.The app is great but that's annoying AF, so, 1 star
- (2020-12-09) Nazar Hotsa: Recent version tried to change default search engine to some bogus site.
- (2020-12-08) Haider Fatmi: its virus. after update it is trying to change search engine.
- (2020-12-07) Cepillos el Castor: BE CAREFUL; new version includes a modification that allows the extension to change your default search engine to "ivsmartfind.com"
- (2020-12-07) Sunil Shrestha: Now, this extension is trying to modify users' default search engine. How does this even serve to use ruler or how are they related at all?
- (2020-12-07) Benjamin Bartakovics: Worked great until version 0.0.0.5 that suddenly decided to change the search engine to Bing and apparently store all search requests in between. Searching redirects a couple of times across other websites. First https://ivsmartfind.com/ then http://www.tab-saver.com/ before arriving at Bing... Not sure how Chrome Store can even approve such a change.
- (2020-12-07) Stefano Bisio: It is useful if you develop-design for the web. It recently tried to change Chrome's default search to Bing or a similar one, really inexplicable move. But not unforgivable since it's free.
- (2020-12-07) Thierry Goettelmann: La dernière mise à jour cherche à changer le moteur de recherche par ivsmartfind.com => désinstallation.
- (2020-12-07) Adrien BUET: Change the default search engine
- (2021-02-03, v:0.0.0.5) Alan Munguia: This changes your search engine. Do not install.
Hope you kill this extension. Not cool to change the search engine.
- (2021-01-12, v:0.0.0.5) Ravi Chandu Thotakura: Why change my default search engine?
Shocked to see that happening all of a sudden. Wasn't expecting it!!
- (2020-12-07, v:0.0.0.5) Jakša Suzić: Search engine
Why did ruler has to manage my search engine? Very stupid.
- (2020-10-16, v:0.0.0.4) Wesley Bench: Useful but font is an eyesore
For the love of god why would you willingly use Papyrus as the font? Please just change it to a neutral font like Helvetica, or even Arial.
- (2020-05-29, v:0.0.0.4) Tejashree Tandel: Measuring multiple objects at once
Is there any way to draw multiple grid lines at once on same page? If not, would you please add this feature? It will make tool awesomer
- (2019-02-25, v:0.0.0.4) Michael Joy: 404 Request - Can't use Ruler, not activating when clicking icon
System: Windows 10, Chrome 72.0.3626.109 When I click the Icon to turn on the ruler, I receive a 404 error in the console. The request is trying to connect to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ruler/null ... Not sure if this is a CORS issue with what sites I'm trying to use it on, or a bug on your end. Let me know if you need more information
- (2018-03-16, v:0.0.0.4) Benjamin Kurth: Font
How do I change the font? Great tool but it could use a facelift. Thx
- (2018-03-10, v:0.0.0.4) Parker Zhang: [bug]Mousedownfunction is not defined
After installing the chrome extension, click the icon to use it.The first ciick won't start up the extension, and it will cause the console to report a mistake which says that Mousedownfunction is not defined.
- (2017-02-23, v:0.0.0.4) Tony Jackson: Google Opening Images in Center of Screen now
The dimension from your product are no longer correct. Is there a fix?
2.4 (101 votes)
Last update / version
2021-06-08 / 0.0.0.8