Turn a PHP var_dump into a readable, collapsible piece of art! JSONView for var_dump's
Turns ugly var_dumps into something much, much better: collapsible, syntax aware, and readable! If you want to make PHP debugging easier, this extension is for you. It is JSONView for php var_dumps. Reading var_dumps without formatting is very difficult. This is a chrome extension to make var_dumps more user friendly. It works great to debug WordPress, Yii, Laravel, and any other PHP framework! ALWAYS FREE! In app purchase available for you to say thank you :) This is an opensource project, feel free to contribute: https://github.com/Rece/var_dump So we show up in searches: var dump, var-dump, var_dump, vardump, php debug, php object, php array, php associative array, var_dumpView, var_dump view, json_view, JSONView, json view, alternative to xdebug, x debug, debugging
- (2020-02-17) Zahed Dev: Can you make the UI like what JSON Formatter does, show in the same page with two tabs one raw and one formatted, rather then creating an annoying modal ?
- (2020-01-12) Αλέξης Γιάννης: thanks! I thought some crazy dev should have done it
- (2019-12-26) Terry Ho: 不能使用
- (2019-10-12) Kaveen Goonawardane: Amazing plugin. Thank you so much!!
- (2019-09-21) Nathanael: Awesome!!!!!!! I don't know where this has been all my life. Thanks @developer and contributors. Great work guys
- (2019-08-30) Adiatna Sukmana: Thanks very much sir,
- (2019-08-20) Cole Geissinger: At first I had a problem getting this to work but found the extension Wappalyzer was preventing from working! LOVE this plugin, I just wish there was a setting to say I want the var_dump dialog to load in fullscreen mode always instead of in the little modal.
- (2019-08-11) TelFiRE: Doesn't change anything about my var_dumps.
- (2019-08-07) Nebojsa Zlatanovic: Works like a charm.
- (2019-06-10) Fennec Ran: not working anymore
- (2019-01-21) 我现在用的vscode不能格式化显示，不知道有没有vs的插件可以实现。不过这个浏览器插件做的真的很有心，赞
- (2018-08-12) Vandolph Reyes: Not all heroes wear capes. Remember it guys! Remember!
- (2018-07-01) Javier Bregant: excelente
- (2018-06-06) Alejandro Lopez: Justo lo que buscaba. Muchas gracias!!
- (2018-05-10) Guy Thomas: This plugin is awesome - where the hell has it been all my life!
- (2017-11-22) Lizzy Sanchez: I love this app! It's makes debugging much easier.
- (2017-09-20) 张衡: 简洁好用的 var_dump格式化呈现插件，推荐没法使用 xdebug 或没有更方便的调试功能开发者使用。
- (2017-08-24) New Media Entertainment: Works like a charm !
- (2017-08-10) Justin Moreland: A recent update made it so I can't scroll down inside the box. The overflow of the displayed array of var_dump elements is overflow visible, with scrolling only affecting the page behind. Also it never auto-detects anymore. I can't use it in this state. Here's a video demoing the bug: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwgj03b4cj3jll4/var_dump.mp4?dl=0 Not sure if this helps debug, but I'm running Chrome Version 60.0.3112.90 on a 2013 15" Macbook Pro. Maybe if you could give the modal a css property: overflow: scroll; and the outer <body>? an overflow: hidden;
- (2017-07-27) Santut Kandur: love it
- (2017-06-09) Mohammed Attya: It's good but I had to select then var_dump here it'll be better if it is working automatically (I saw Jeffery Way doing this)
- (2017-01-21) Piotr Gulbis: Doesn't work on latest Chrome. EDIT: Reset Chrome and it works now! No idea what was causing it to fail. Thanks for the reply!
- (2017-01-11) Botond Kopacz: Wonderful! Helps debugging a lot.
- (2016-09-07) Aladdin Street: It used to work before but now it cant work! Please help
- (2016-08-16) Khai Rahman: Love it man
- (2019-04-03, v:1.6.4) Timo Huovinen: Getting an error when right-click -> var_dump here
Error in event handler: Error: Unexpected element type! at printObject (<URL>) at printObject (<URL>) at printObject (<URL>) at printObject (<URL>) at printObject (<URL>) at printObject (<URL>) at printObject (<URL>) at printObject (<URL>) at printObject (<URL>) at printObject (<URL>)
- (2018-05-21, v:1.6.1) Dwr Sanipar: No right click
I have no 'var_dump_here' option after I right click on a page I var_dump. I'm on Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) for Linux.
- (2018-02-26, v:1.6.1) Knox McCormac: DevonThink Clipping Extension Interferes
I could not figure why var_masterpiece was not automatically displaying the var_dump. It turns out that the DevonThink clipping extension interferes with var_masterpiece displaying it's dialog. Not sure that there is anything that you can do to correct this but I thought you should know. I am running Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (64-bit) of Chrome.
- (2017-12-12, v:1.6.1) Randall Wilk: Ajax
Does this work with Ajax requests as well?
- (2017-01-18, v:1.3.2) Bernard Solien: Var_masterpiece
Is it possible to make make the output full screen? instead of being in a modal?
- (2016-11-01, v:1.3.0) Z-index
Hi! Very cool product, thanks for that. Please add z-index to the var_dump_modal class, as it is behind of my site's content. It could be a bit frustrating. Thanks, Simon
- (2016-10-24, v:1.3.0) vinoth kumar: The Key value font size in white
Hi, I can't able to see the keys, as it is in white color, but I can able to view the values, because its black color. Can you please change the key color to black or any other way to change the color of the key?
- (2016-09-16, v:1.2.0) Soubhik Saha: Not Working
The extension doesn't work for me since Chrome has been updated to Chrome 53. It is not working automatically on page reload even after setting it up, neither is it working on selecting the text and right click to select var_dump here. By the way awesome extension and very helpful for developers. I really appreciate it man ! Keep up the good work !
- (2016-09-02, v:1.1.3) Roman Naumenko: something is wrong
Great extension! Thank you. However something is wrong. Filed an issue on github: https://github.com/Rece/var_dump/issues/8
- (2016-08-24, v:1.1.3) Polo: Can not view json string
so one of my dumped data has json string in it, but it does not displayed and the extension stop from there, the rest of the data was not displayed. Thanks for great extension !