Filter out swearwords you hear on YouTube videos based on your own preferences!
YAF mutes swearwords on YouTube videos. Choose which words you don't want to hear and let YAF take care of the rest! How YAF works: - YAF uses the closed caption files attached to YouTube videos to find swearwords and their timings. - YAF will mute the video when the words you have selected show up in the caption files. - YAF is only as good as the caption files for each video. If the caption timings are off, then YAF may not perform well. - If there are no caption files attached to the video, YAF will be unavailable for that video until captions are added. - YAF only works on youtube.com videos.
- (2019-11-16) Милана Шульгина: The app won't work. I've installed the extension and it's turned on in Chrome browser settings.I use thе youtube.com site as shown in your instructions,but when I click on the YAF icon in the top-right corner of the Chrome window there's no Menu item such as "My Filtered Words". Maybe you could deal up with that problem so that I'd change my rate,in addition I consider this app awesome if it really works...
- (2017-04-17) Thomas Meservy: Thanks NextGen! Great tool.
- (2017-04-12) Rebecca H: This is such a great extension. Now I can watch all of my favorite youtube videos, and I don't have to listen to words I don't want to hear!
- (2017-04-11) Shad O'Brien: This is good
- (2018-11-04, v:1.3) Samuel C: Does not work at all
When I go to a video with swearing, the extension just does nothing. It's just grayed out. When I click the options button, I just get a blank page.
- (2018-09-20, v:1.3) RealTony123: Broken
theres no thing to show what to block out
- (2018-08-23, v:1.3) Not filtering swearing
This is a wonderful concept, but after multiple tries I am still having no success with the extension. It isn't filtering on any videos, and I am not getting the "menu" you talk about that is supposed to appear just below the video. I hope you investigate and solve the problem. Thanks.