Enables you to disable video streams on youtube and listen audio
"Audio only youtube" chrome extension enables you to disable only video on youtube which saves internet usage more than 50% when you want to listen songs on youtube. Note: It doesn't support Youtube Live Videos. You can enable/disable it by just clicking on the icon shown in the extension bar. Audio only youtube is an open-source project licensed under GPLv3. You can find sources here : https://github.com/Ashish-Bansal/audio-only-youtube Any kind of contributions to the project are welcomed and thanks to all who contributed to this project!
- (2020-03-30) vagene_exe stoppedworking: It works !
- (2020-03-19) CraZzY: Stopped working as of today, every time youtube gives me playback error. Fix It Please
- (2020-03-17) HEDI: i played music with 144p before adding this extension it have been worked but with this extension some time it says loading, i don't know why this extension should reduce video size
- (2020-03-06) Vasil Ivanov: Simple and handful!
- (2020-02-28) Melvin MacDonald: I just ran a test to see if this extension actually saves bandwidth using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THgYJcfGii4 as the video (lots of video motion / relatively high bitrate audio probably). [Used DevTools network monitor on Chrome aka F12] 1080p video & audio: ~14mb fully buffered 1080p audio only: ~3mb fully buffered When you load a video on Youtube with 1080p it does actually have higher bitrate audio last time I checked. This is extension is useful to load the highest quality audio without the need to waste bandwidth on the video. It works pretty well for my needs so 5/5.
- (2020-02-18) edgardo valero: excelente extension para trabajar y optimizar el internet
- (2020-02-06) Ivo: YouTube music support pls! Also any proof that it only downlods sound?
- (2019-12-31) SnekNOTSnake: Too much bugs, lots of refreshes. need an extra step to save more of your data, that is lowering the video resolution which I find very exhausting because: first you have to wait for the page to reload (the video also need to re-load) from activating the extension then switching the video resolution and THEN wait for another reload (another video reload). This is not only tiring but also cost a lot of data from all of the reloads above.
- (2019-12-30) John Stallone: buggy software, if you're playing a playlist it simply jumps and doesn't play songs in between. Please fix this basic problems
- (2019-12-29) NATURAL GAMER: one question will play audio only just hide video and play audio only
- (2019-12-17) Flavio Cimolin: It's glorious. It works perfectly as expected, giving you the option to show nothing or the video thumbnail. I personally prefer nothing. Con: Chrome freezes every so often because of this extension, I know that because the first frame of the video shows up, then the browzer just dozes off. Can change the review to a 5 star if this gets fixed! Thank U though, it works just fine apart from that!
- (2019-12-06) Mahbub Rahman: It's only stream audio. Thanks for the amazing work which google not allow us by default.
- (2019-12-04) Giussepi LM: Works perfectly! Thx!!
- (2019-11-29) Steve M: This used to work for me but maybe youtube music updated something as this extension doesn't seem to work for me anymore :'(
- (2019-11-19) Sebastián Rodriguez: Funciona parcialmente. Cuando lo tengo activado generalmente me corta los videos. Por ejemplo, pongo a reproducir algo que tiene 30 minutos de duración, reproduce 7 - 8 minutos, lo corta y pasa al siguiente. Si lo desactivo la reproducción funciona correctamente
- (2019-11-17) Wardaddy: Right what I needed for recording onto tape while not clogging my bandwidth also. Thank you developers, very cool!
- (2019-10-19) Rayn: Pleb question: Does it actually save bandwidth?
- (2019-10-13) abdo Helmy: just what i needed
- (2019-10-02) John Seleem: Exactly what I was searching for.
- (2019-09-25) M L: Nice to stop you from procrastinating on youtube and allow you to listen to music while you work. At least that's the only reason I'm using it.
- (2019-09-21) Andre Ghigo: Amazing! Exactly what I was looking for. Please, improve to support live videos. Thank you.
- (2019-09-17) David: It's good, very good.
- (2019-09-15) pratyush the yuvaraj agarwal: loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2019-09-10) Константин Пермяков: Классно ! ! ! Всё работает под Opera 63.0.3368.66.
- (2019-09-07) Shawn Whitaker: Just downloaded the extension but has been something I've been looking for a long time! This allows me to listen to music while working on various things on my inexpensive computer without worrying about the YouTube video eating up graphic processing, especially when new videos start playing at higher resolutions. Thank you so much! Will definitely use this extension non stop!
- (2020-03-23, v:0.8.0) Daniel Tudorache: Audio Only Youtube stopped working
Hello! Your module is great! Please fix it. Thank you!
- (2020-03-19, v:0.8.0) CraZzY: Doesn't work anymore?
As of today everytime I use the extension it gives me a playback error. Fix it plz
- (2020-02-04, v:0.8.0) Hà Nguyễn Mạnh: It does not work on stream.
you can improve this ? thank.
- (2019-12-29, v:0.8.0) NATURAL GAMER: bandwidth
will this play audio only or just hide video and play audio only
- (2019-11-29, v:0.8.0) Soyän CHD: Permissions
I'm confused as why the extension requiers to acces my history to work, could you enlighten me?
- (2019-11-26, v:0.8.0) omer faruk: enable -disable without reload of page
I want to use the button to enable -disable video without reload of page. just to check whats going on and continue disale , is it possbile to implement?
- (2019-11-11, v:0.8.0) d c: Lack of clarity as to whether it stops or hides video/doesn't allow history record.
Subject covers it; does it completely stop data usage for the video element or just somehow reduce it by some amount? Otherwise turning the resolution to 144 and turning the screen off - if this saves the same amount of data - also allows the red line indication of how much has been accessed to appear.
- (2019-09-18, v:0.8.0) Ömer Faruk Dut: non fit image size to screen..
when your extension is activiated , background image size gets expanded and we cant see full size of image. we see just a focused part of image center please do something. everything is good except this issue
- (2019-06-18, v:0.8.0) Talrus: Music starting again when tab visited
Hi! I use to play playlists on youtube in another tab at work, which works fine. If I visit the youtube tab however (to note the title of a music I like for example), the currently playing video restarts from the beginning :( I'm using Chrome 74.0.3729.169 (Official build) (64 bits) on macOS Mojave 10.14.5, if it makes a difference.
- (2019-05-21, v:0.8.0) Vukan Spasić: Doesn't appear to work in streams
- (2019-03-13, v:0.8.0) Something stopped working
I use audio-only youtube so that I can stream a playlist in the background and still have my screen saver will turn on, saving both energy and bandwidth. This is no longer working, as of March 13. I've tried disabling, updating, re-enabling, turning my browser on and off, etc. etc. However, even though it appears that the extension is working, i.e., a video isn't playing, my screen saver still isn't turning on because it senses that there's something active happening. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed?
- (2018-11-11, v:0.7) can u give me exact steps on how to use the extension
can u give me exact steps on how to use the extension
- (2018-11-08, v:0.7) Ryo Furue: Per-tab switching?
This extension is fantastic. Exactly what I wanted. If it's not too difficult, it would be nice if the setting is on a per-tab basis. Currently, it seems that the switch applies to all tabs.
- (2018-09-24, v:0.7) Denise Harris: audio only
the audio only on you tube was working yesterday it's not. listen to books on you tube don't need the video to run. it uses up all the time I have with my internet provider. help