Gridman is a CSS Grid inspector for Chrome
CSS-grid highlighter. that is lightning Fast! - activates on grid mouseover supports: • display: grid • grid-template-columns • grid-template-rows • grid-gap • grid-area • nested grids support *** please ask question prior giving a bad review. If it deserves a bad review, so be it. But bad reviews without understanding are stopping the development and impacting those who are finding this extension helpful. you can ask question here : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12pRjWnwBh0Gmu7lxON0Wt6gKBhzJ4f1QqeP1pLkJWAY *** You are trying it towards local file like 'file:///...' - but nothing shows up? ** here is an answer: Gridman , like any chrome extension, will not work on local files. Chrome is not allowing it due to security reasons. And it is correct. You can imagine implications if any chrome extension would be able to access file system on your computer. To use Gridman on local files i'd recommend a tiny http-server which you can get here https://www.npmjs.com/package/http-server release 1.4.6 • removed context menu to show samples of grids release 1.4.3 • fixed nested grid highlighting
- (2020-08-18) Андрей Кобзарь: Еще бы лучше было, если бы при наведении на каждый из элементов внутри контейнера показывались id и class этих элементов.
- (2020-07-08) deni rachmadi: wow thanks man for this extensions. do help on my work, anyway nice if we can see the width or heights when hovering.
- (2020-04-14) Allan Lopez: Unfortunately this plugin only seems to work on like a quarter of pages/elements I hover over.
- (2020-03-24) German Duterte: W0W! it helps me a lot
- (2020-02-08) Дмитрий Макаров: Крутое расширение!!!
- (2019-12-16) edhead76 G: Worked right out of the box and super easy to use. I want to love Firefox but Chrome is so fast. Thank you for the alternative.
- (2019-08-07) Jonathan Alumbaugh: Super helpful as Chrome's devtools don't do the greatest job with grids (it'd be great if we could just toggle them on like in Firefox, but I don't like Firefox). This extension solves that problem, I only have one small gripe: When resizing responsive view, if the grid is toggle on, you need to toggle the grid on and off after resizing for responsive to work properly. A very small inconvenience, but overall a huge improvement.
- (2019-06-16) Cedric Clark: Great job! Its excellent for learning CSS Grid!
- (2019-04-11) james foley: It's been a while since I have used this extension it has come along way thanks for all the hard work you have done on bringing this along. Also like the addition of the CSS Grid Playground. Cheers Jim
- (2019-03-14) Cesar Suarez: Me ha ayudado bastante, sin embargo falta mejorar ciertos aspectos, cómo el de tener en cuenta el re-acomodado de la pantalla, o los "borders" del elemento que tenga el grid... ya que en estas circunstancias la rejilla que arroja la extensión se corren y no se ajustan a donde en realidad esta la GRID CSS
- (2019-02-06) Mick Groff: Sure makes edits quick and easy, and ideas transferable without eating up time. Thanks for the extension!
- (2018-11-23) SiriusGD: I am having all sorts of issues with Chrome not responding to grid changes. I installed the flag and it seems to make no difference. Your product did absolutely nothing on my chrome browser. I'm not sure why chrome is giving me so many problems developing with grid. I don't have issues with firefox and very few with safari but chrome is a nightmare. (I had to rate it to post this so I put a neutral rating)
- (2018-06-19) Nils P.: Very helpful extension to debug grid structures! Even though I don't know if the feature of persisting the grid lines is already implemented I managed to do so by opening the DevTools and targeting an element inside the grid there. I'd call it a must have extension for front end development.
- (2018-04-25) Jayne Chartrand: I do wish there was a way to make the grids show without hovering mouse, but it's the best chrome extension for this in the web store!
- (2018-03-18) Thank you ! if it would be possible to have the grid shown at all times, would make it a 5 star.
- (2018-01-06) melikegolf: Very useful addition to Chrome. Looking forward to future improvements. Thanks for your efforts.
- (2017-12-08) Does not work with devtools responsive mode on (which should not be an issue), doesnt work at all if working with frameworks like Angular or React.
- (2017-12-04) Bryce Barbara: Fairly useless due to not being able to do anything more than show the name of the grid columns/rows.
- (2017-11-30) Piotr Wierzbicki: This works well and is really snappy. Seeing as this has promise I'm giving the author the benefit of the doubt for now and slapping a solid five stars on the extension to motivate him :)
- (2017-11-28) Ronald van Middendorp: As said by others; it only shows grid on hovering, which is not very useful. Also, without the names of the grid-areas it is pretty useless for investigating on an existing site. No data in grid, grid not shown. Good effort, but still needs a lot of work.
- (2017-11-10) Taylor Mason: Simple and very effective. Its been a godsent on my current project. My only request would be to add a way to have the grid persist when you're not hovering.
- (2017-11-06) Jacob Schneider: It is brilliant because it's simple, and works. nothing more said. Fantstic work!
- (2017-10-20) Diamonds: Very useful for development with grid, although with a few glaring issues. First, it only shows grids when you're hovering over an element so it can be a bit of a pain to switch between inspecting and writing, also it breaks on nested grids past the first one, making it nearly useless on more complicated layouts. Still the best tool I've found so far for working with Grid, but I can't wait for something better
- (2017-10-19) nicholas costa fonseca: this doesn't work
- (2017-10-18) Jacob Dubail: doesn't seem to display auto-filled rows properly.
3.9 (44 votes)
Last update / version
2020-05-18 / 1.4.6