Alter your HTTP request headers on the fly
Header-Editor is an extension that will allow you to create and use arbitrary HTTP headers in Chrome. The following permissions are needed for Header-Editor to run: - webRequest - Used to access the requests being sent out. - webRequestBlocking - So that headers are modified before being sent. - <all_urls> - All URLs are asked for since the extension cannot know ahead of time where it will be needed. Note: Response headers do not appear in the Network Inspector, however they are supplied to your code. For more details, see: - http://hexcoder.us/2013/08/08/response-headers-and-chrome-extensions/ - https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=258064
- (2019-10-25) Umbrella Connor: 不知道选项怎么用，但图片自动命名很方便
- (2018-06-08) gledos green: 十分方便的让我既能让chrome显示中文界面，又能让网页看不到我使用的语言。 使用前：accept-language: zh-CN,zh-TW;q=0.9,zh;q=0.8,en-US;q=0.7,en;q=0.6 使用后：accept-language: en-US
- (2018-02-08) Owen Boyle: If you set a header it works the first time (on the server, you can see the header arriving). But then, if you alter the header value, it still sends the original value. It kept sending a particular value even after I deleted that header. Maybe you are supposed to restart the browser after changes but I'm not going to do that.
- (2017-09-11) Mikhail Philimonov: Абсолютно нерабочая и бесполезная софтина!
- (2016-04-22) Matthias Wehrlein: Works like a charm, thanks! The one review here with 3 stars can simply be ignored. If that guy'd be able to read, he'd notice that this extension's description clearly says it's for request headers only. #wtf
- (2014-10-26) Star Brilliant: Finally I found the one that suits me. Useful and clean.
- (2014-01-14) Michael Simpson: Adding request headers works. but not response headers.
- (2013-12-22) Gabriel Potvin: Super!
- (2013-09-11) Jürgen Weidner: Simple to use and works perfectly.
- (2015-05-07, v:2.2.0) Kate Spencer: Causes google search tabs to crash
Starting somewhat recently - likely with a recent Chrome update - I started getting the oh so fun "Aw Snap!" every time I tried to quick search or even load google.com. An incognito mode window didn't have the problem so I started disabling extensions to troubleshoot. Disabling this extension fixed the issue. This is Chrome 42.0.2311.135 (64 bit) on Mac 10.9.5 (Mavericks).
- (2013-07-05, v:1.0.1) Randy Fyfe: Feature suggestion
I use an addon in firefox called "Modify Headers". A feature I like of this FF addon is that I can enable and disable my modifications. Lots of time while testing there is one header attribute I need to modify, but I will need to change its value to several different values. They are the values I commonly use, so in a way I can save them in my list of header modifications and turn them on and off as I need them. With your chrome extension I am force to delete then re-add each value, or modify the attribute to be a different value (and then I am forced to store my values in a separate text document, requiring lots of copy/paste). I hope I was able to explain what I am after...