Funkify is an extension for Chrome that helps you experience the web and interfaces through the eyes of extreme users with…
Funkify is an extension for Chrome that helps you experience the web and interfaces through the eyes of extreme users with different abilities and disabilities. We are a team of usability and accessibility experts in Sweden, and we welcome you to our site (www.funkify.org) for more info! Team Funkify
- (2020-12-07) Mad Dog: does not work anymore.
- (2020-11-21) David Zachness: Extension randomly said my "trial" expired when I have never used the extension before and had installed it just a few minutes ago.
- (2020-10-12) Dirk Hoeschen: Die freie Version ist extrem eingeschränkt und will gleich mal eine zweite Erweiterung installieren. Bevor man loslegt wird man direkt aufgefordert die Pro Version zu kaufen. Von den 10 Filtern für Farbblindheit funktioniert in der freien Version nur einer. SO NICHT!
- (2020-09-12) Felipe Moreno Guajardo: The 4 days full trial...doesn´t exist right?
- (2020-08-07) Con: - Man muss angemeldet sein um die App zu installieren... - Man muss angemeldet sein um die App zu nutzen... - Das 4 Tage Trial wird verheimlicht - Das 4 Tage Trial ist viel zu kurz - Das 4 Tage Trial war bei mir bereits am Tag der Erstinstallation abgelaufen - Zur App selber kann ich also überhaupt nichts sagen. Alles in allem entweder dilettantisch oder unseriös - beides lässt eine positivere Bewertung als "1 Stern" kategorisch ausschließen.
- (2020-03-04) Bob van Ham: Turns out it's a 4day trial -_- after which the addon disables itself and only serves you their adds.... How is this allowed on the play store? :/
- (2020-01-09) Nicholas Jarvis-Smith: Really enjoying using this tool. Many organisations have empathy labs which can be expensive and obviously not everyone can experience them. This tool brings a mini empathy lab to the user within their device. Really impressed.
- (2019-08-08) M. Katrina Roberts: Immediately downloaded it and then was told my 4 day trial "expired". Can't even test the tool out, even though it looks nice. Either offer a limited trial, update the info or pull the "free" plugin.
- (2019-01-23) Sarah Brodwall: Excellent extension. I'd love to buy it and support the cause, but 600 SEK *per year* is *very* expensive for a tool I only use once a month or so. Might you be able to find a pay-once pricing model?
- (2019-01-17) Joel Holmberg: Amazing tool that lets our developers experience for them selves how users with disabilities see their websites. Easy to use, shared it with entire team!
- (2019-01-16) sam ss: promessing tool but expensive. you can get many UX designers with a lower price.
- (2018-05-31) ClaireElaine Molnar: I am autistic. And I loved Hyperactive Henny as a tool to explain what I see or hear, not just during web use, but also during meetings and other events. THANK YOU for considering autistic individuals in your filter. We really do experience different things on the web, for me it's because of the higher difficulty in filtering and determining importance of ideas and images. Thank you.
- (2018-04-20) Tarek Rached: The issue with stylesheet injection that Andy Smith raised on Feb 9 and that was reportedly fixed on April 10th is still happening in version 0.0.22 (current as of April 20 2018) Unscoped `.close` is being injected on all sites, even when the extension isn't being activated.
- (2018-04-11) Gareth Crossan: Fantastic plugin! Will be extremely useful for building empathy among designers and developers working on web applications, as well the general public! There is one glitch, when you turn off Dyslexia Dani, it kills the webpage. Great work, well done!
- (2018-02-22) Benjamin Alldridge: For quick and to-the-point testing, I've not found anything that gets remotely close to this. It does exactly what it says on the tin and provides real-world, tweakable otherances to let us as developers see how the general public will. Massively useful.
- (2018-02-21) Luis Marsano: Never seen an accessibility extension like this before. It's amazing.
- (2018-02-09) Andy Smith: This extension injects a stylesheet with unscoped class names, including `modal` which clashes with CSS on some sites that use the same class name, meaning I've had to disable the extension. It's a shame because otherwise it's great!
- (2018-01-26) Ахмедьзянов Данильян: Отлично поможет разработчикам делать сайты доступнее
- (2018-01-09) Corentin Hatte: Parfait pour démontrer l'importance de certaines notions basiques de lisibilité, accessibilité et UX aux clients ! Pratique aussi pour tester au quotidien que ces principes ont été appliqués. À installer d'urgence si vous voulez tester la qualité de vos développements Web !
- (2017-12-13) David V: I rarely rate extensions unless they really stand out Your extension certainly does especially in how it attempts to add a humanistic element to the simulations. This is worth getting by anyone working in web accessibility or disability awareness. I've requested the W3C consider its inclusion in their resource page for accessibility testing. Great work and it always make an impact when I demonstrate it! This may be a tall ask but could you potentially include a hearing related simulation particularly around tinnitus? This would help raise awareness around those developers still relying on audible clues only on a site.
- (2017-12-03) Thurstan Hethorn: Really love where you are heading with this plugin. It really helps to create empathy and provide insight into accessibility that the technical WC3 checkers cannot. One suggestion is a keyboard shortcut to disable/toggle the mode. I say this as I've just been struggling to access the plugin to turn off the shaky mouse setting. I particularly like how you have preset/personas. Like I've said above, it really helps to humanize the plight of others. Nice work.
- (2017-12-01) Ilya Pro: Очень полезный плагин для оценки сложностей пользования сайтами у людей с различными ограничениями (зрение, моторика, дислексия...)
- (2017-11-29) Tom Widerøe: This plugin should be mandatory for every developer and designer! You'll need to refresh the page to make it work, after that, it works great.
- (2017-11-09) Halida Astatin: It's a great tool to test for accessibility. Love how easy it is to use. Thank you!
- (2017-10-20) Chris Harvey: This extension is really informative and fun to use, but there are still a notable number of bugs to fix.
- (2017-08-31) Andrés Torres: So easy to use. Would be great if we can save settings as presets so we can elaborate our own user cases for especific projects. Thanks, awesome work!
- (2019-12-16, v:1.2.2) Nancy Weitz: Won't load
I just installed the extension, and when I click the button, it just gives me a loading message "warming up, etc" but never actually loads. I have an up-to-date Chrome browser and Windows 10.
- (2019-06-11, v:1.1.3) Karen Boyd: How do I cancel?
I want to cancel my monthly subscription please.
- (2019-05-23, v:1.1.3) Karen Boyd: Access
It is not letting me access the whole app - I can't operate the intensity of the disability and only half of them work for me....can you help? I need it for work on Monday!