Press shift+g (or create your own key shortcut) to (de)activate grayscaling of a web page.
Originally intended for web designers who might want to test the contrast of their content by changing to grayscale, but this extension can really be used by anyone who for some reason want to remove the colors of a web page. The grayscale persists between page loads, and the key shortcut to activate can be customized in the options.
- (2019-08-13) Blake Nelson: Works. If you're having issues, it's because you're trying to use it on a web page you had open before installing the extension. Try refreshing that page and then using the hotkey. :)
- (2019-08-01) Jake Larsen: Shift+G combination does not work, nor does Ctrl+G or Alt+G or several other attempted combinations. Needs an on/off setting outside of a keyboard shortcut.
- (2019-06-28) Mick Simmons: Doesn't work with Shift, CTRL, ALT plus g. How do you create other shortcuts (eg. ctrl + alt+ g)??
- (2018-06-29) Abhi Shah: not working in Chrome 66
- (2018-05-25) Mara Kalat: Would be neat to also have a toggle from the icon and not just a keyboard shortcut. Aaaand the shortcut doesn't always work on the first try. But it does the job, I guess?
- (2018-01-24) Kyle Huston: didn't work on macos Chrome
- (2017-02-20) Jake Mitchell: Doesn't work.
- (2016-12-21) Patrick Boatner: Works just fine. Even allows customizing the shortcut.
- (2016-12-01) Aaron Troia: doesnt work, is this only windows compatible? Also, allow users to create their own shortcut.
- (2016-11-22) Perfect for work!!
- (2016-09-21) Doesnt work
- (2016-07-13) T Ng: This works, except the developer should have made the short cut combo key less common. If it doesn't work for you, it's because you have another extension that is using that combination. Try changing it to Ctrl+G but then use Ctrl+Alt+G seems work for me. The other fail safe is to put your browser in dev mode (F12) then use the default Shift+G which should work.
- (2016-05-05) Ms Caitlin: doesn't work.
- (2015-12-08) Jordan Fernandes: Hotkey doesn't work. I changed it in Chrome settings to Ctrl+G and still nothing
- (2015-11-27) Yana Bogapova: Can not activate it with shortcut
- (2015-10-12) Ross McDermott: DOESNT WORK
- (2015-10-10) Tim: It works for me. Chrome Version 45.0.2454.98 (64-bit). But can not define combo keyboard shortcuts, like alt + shift + g.
- (2015-09-08) Michael Riley: Works like a champ. Thank you.
- (2015-09-04) Blue Wolf Zero: Can't stop nor delete it!
- (2015-08-11) Caroline Fangel: didn't work
- (2015-07-22) Brian Kwon: Doesnt work, no button
- (2015-07-06) Andrew Irino: Works okay, but would like a button instead of a keyboard activation.
- (2015-02-16) hamid tarmazdi: didn't work
- (2014-11-04) Terry Kuo: Very useful for surfing website in the office while your boss is nearby! 辦公室上網的好工具
- (2014-05-22) Convinent!
- (2018-05-06, v:2.0) How to make this work
I have tried pressing shift-g and ctrl-g and nothing is working. How do I make this work?
- (2018-01-29, v:2.0) Charlie: Doesn't Work
Shift-G does not do anything and I no changes I make alter this.
- (2017-01-10, v:2.0) Veronica Taylor: Grayscale Add-On
Cannot activate this add-on. Shift-G does not work.
- (2016-11-10, v:2.0) Zhian Kamvar: Add support for local html files
The extension works as it says. A nice improvement would be to (if possible) add support for local HTML files (files://localhost/...)
- (2016-03-01, v:2.0) Susan Hewitt: Doesn't work
nothing happens on Mac with shift-g
- (2015-12-12, v:2.0) LillianTheVampire BloodyRoseWarrior: vickygianni1995
how to remove the grayscale tool
- (2015-11-02, v:2.0) Miguel Ferreira: Doesn't work
When I press the shortcut key nothing happens.
- (2015-10-10, v:2.0) Tim: Can't make 'Alt + Shift + g' to toggle Grayscale Tool on/off
Hello, Thanks for your nice work. This extension saves my eys. However, I prefer to make 'Alt + Shift + g' to toggle Grayscale Tool on/off, but the extension options cannot do this. My suggestion is, would you please make the extension work with Chrome extension keyboard shortcuts so that we can define combo keyboard shortcuts, like alt + shift + g. *** NOTE *** If you go to chrome://extensions/, you'll find at the very bottom a link to "Keyboard shortcuts" from where you can set your own shortcut key to whatever you want.
- (2015-09-04, v:2.0) Blue Wolf Zero: Must delete
I can't delete it!!!
- (2015-04-02, v:2.0) shortcut not working
I press Shift + G and nothing happens. I change it to another shortcut, still nothing happens.