Examine the inner workings of Chrome extensions.
CRX Inspector lets you view the files inside Chrome extensions, apps and themes. With it, developers can easily search through an extension's source code to see how an interesting feature was implemented, and security-conscious users can check extensions for malicious code before installing them. Now on GitHub: https://github.com/jupenur/CRX-Inspector
- (2014-08-31) Madis: Doesn't work with some extensions. Edit: and now it doesn't work at all. Too bad :(
- (2014-08-22) Dave: This does not work on all webstore items. It will sometimes fail to display anything. It makes a wrong http request and never gets back the correct redirect url, so it ends up with an empty response (204 status).
- (2014-08-18) Vicky Duhan: mast
- (2014-04-04) Danny Broadbent: lol does not work on paid apps only freebies.
- (2013-11-29) riowong: need to read the total size by summing up all files
- (2013-03-18) Galin Georgiev: Incredible extension.
- (2012-10-22) Srikanth G: Awesome! Worked for me!!
- (2012-06-05) Ryan Plant: Love this extension! however, a fix needs to be released as it no longer works.
- (2017-07-22, v:0.1.0.9) Mabel Fulop: when I click it just acts like I right clicked?
im working on natas.labs.overthewire.org and im trying to edit the request nothing shows up? it's as if I right clicked (this has worked in the past but now that im doing it its not working)
- (2014-03-15, v:0.1.0.8) Jake L: Doesn't work anymore
Appears to fail while extracting the data.
- (2013-11-29, v:0.1.0.8) riowong: wish sum up total size
Wish you sum up all sizes and show the total beside the extension name :)