Change a page's text, background, and link colors to your liking.
Summary: Some sites have good information, but don't always choose the best colors for text, background, and links. With this extension, you can change a page's colors to make it more readable. This extension isn't meant to be used as a global theme for the web and will not work well on all sites. In cases where it doesn't work, you could try creating a custom theme for that site with the Stylish extension. How to use: When you first install the extension, please refresh any tabs you have open so that the CSS styles from the extension are loaded on the page. 1. Click the Text, Background, or Link Color button. A border will appear around the button letting you know it's active. 2. Choose a color on the color wheel to change the color. You can see your changes live. 3. Now whenever you want to change the colors on a page, just click Change Colors. You can also change colors via a right-click context menu. The extension will remember hosts where you changed colors so you don't have to click it again. The Reset button at the bottom will reset the extension to default settings and resets all pages that were changed. About the color wheel: Colors are less saturated (more gray) near the center and more saturated (less gray) on the edge. There is a separate swatch that says "Gray", meaning 100% gray. This extension doesn't use Google Analytics. Please report any bugs to: [email protected] To view code: https://github.com/rokit/web-extension-color-changer
- (2023-11-04) Clarissa Tijerina Zamora: Me encantó, yo la quiero para Wattpad pero funciona en todas las páginas que la he probado!
- (2023-07-01) Bree Vwhyman: sir / madam thanks for your free plug in........you helped create an alternative interface colour........ i struggle with Msoft OS which is inconsistent and not logical .........win10 pro 64 bit.......which does stupid stuff such as hiding scrollbars in high contrast mode........?.........why.....? best wishes
- (2023-05-26) Saccas Maccabaeus: You can adjust not only the color but also the contrast, great!
- (2023-03-26) dreamiskra: This worked just as expected. 10/10, I would recommend. You can change the color for the text, background, and links.
- (2022-12-26) Davood (davoodice): Love it, it would be even better if there were more controls.
- (2022-01-27) jayleen villarroel: 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙖𝙨𝙛 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙞𝙩𝙨 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙢𝙨 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙪𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙪𝙩𝙚!!♡
- (2021-09-09) Chris Cornejo: Wish you could customize a bit more on a page, but this helps me a lot. I am not sure if its age or what, but dark pages with bright text irritate my eyes, even having text engraved in my vision for a little bit after looking away from the screen. This extension has help relieve my eyes now, thank you.
- (2021-02-15) Jesús Gildardo Mejía Cortés: Excelente. Buscaba una extensión así para poder cambiar los fondos oscuros de ciertas páginas a blancos. Probé muchas extensiones y esta es la mejor. Gracias.
- (2021-01-27) Samuel's smart edits: Its good, just I don't see any use of this for me.
- (2021-01-17) Stephanie Golden: Love this! It does exactly what I wanted, which is just subtly make the white backgrounds less glaring.
- (2021-01-08) Fabian Li: 这个插件真的太厉害了, 目前没发现bug, 但是要是能自定义已点击的链接的颜色就好了
- (2020-11-20) Radek Raczkowski: Doesn't work
- (2020-09-17) сергей войновский: Перепробовал много выбрал это приложение лучшее все можно поменять под себя
- (2020-08-29) Slatkaa: I'm sure it works ok for some sites.. but photos on instagram aren't visible and you can't click the top most colors. :(
- (2020-03-05) Michael Guidry: Didn't allow me to click the topmost colors! The border of where the tooltip for the top buttons appears seems to coincidentally be the threshold where clicking on the color wheel is disabled! Removing this from my browser right now!
- (2020-01-23) Shane Whittington: Works perfectly on Google Classroom. This is really helpful for students that are unable to make classroom more readable.
- (2019-12-04) Gerri Philantrop: супер расширение...на лету можно изменить и автоматически сохранить основные цвета на страницах...рекомендую
- (2019-11-04) Mo McRae: I'm sure it would be good if it worked
- (2019-07-27) TheRealALF0: It does what I want it to, great job on making this.
- (2019-06-13) asdasd asdassad: it puts a black frame over most videos ...
- (2022-05-24, v:3.0.4) Elaine Thompson: Can only change text color
I downloaded Color Changer to make tumblr more readable. HOwever I can only change the text colors. And there's this big "reset' button that hovers over the background and link buttons. If I click it, my changes disappear. And it won't get out of the way and let me do anything with the background or links.
- (2021-10-24, v:3.0.4) Bart Black: Adjustment page too large, off screen and not accessible
When I open Color Changer, all I get is the colour wheel. The rest of the controls are off the bottom of the screen. This is on a new H.P laptop. Everything is stock and works on every other app. You program works on my homebuilt desktop without issue. Any help? Thank You
- (2021-04-05, v:3.0.2) Peggy OConnor: How do you use this?
I don't see a control panel or any way to manage settings.
- (2021-04-05, v:3.0.2) Peggy OConnor: How do you use this?
I refreshed tabs, restarted browser, looked everywhere and I don't see the view of the control panel as pictured in the web store.
- (2020-01-27, v:2.0.0) Jonathan Woodward: Change Visited Link Color
To whom it may concern: Is it possible to implement the ability to change the color of visited and un-visited links in Chrome independently? Thanks in Advance!
- (2019-09-24, v:2.0.0) DAVID ESCOBAR: Option to disable background color.
I would like to only change the color of text and links since the background color covers up images on websites.
- (2019-03-13, v:2.0.0) DAVID ESCOBAR: Manual Hex color code entry
I'm trying to get pure red [#ff0000] for text but using the included color picker doesn't let me. It would be easier to type the color code for each section.