Identify an element’s CSS selector to drive your AppDynamics Synthetic Browser Monitoring or Selenium WebDriver scripts
Identify an element’s CSS selector to drive your AppDynamics Synthetic Browser Monitoring or Selenium WebDriver scripts The WebDriver Scripting Assistant extension allows you to identify any element on the web page via their CSS selector. An element’s selector allows a Selenium-WebDriver script to perform actions upon it like click or text input. To get the CSS Selector, simply right click on the element you want to identify and select “Pick CSS Selector” to copy that element's CSS Selector to the clipboard. Additionally, you can click on the extension icon and select the “Pick CSS Selector” button which will allow you to hover over any element and see it’s CSS Selector.
- (2020-02-28) Konstantin Kelenson: Excellent tool, but stopped working after I upgraded to ChromeDriver 80. Please fix it. Thank you.
- (2020-02-25) Bluejeans Bot: This stopped working around the Chrome 80 update for me. Before that it was very handy. Not sure what's changed or if you guys have an update coming.
- (2020-02-04) ji lee: I am getting help from your program. There are some minor but regrettable things. This program is not able to extract the CSS of select box or combo box options. I don't know if you see this. My wish will be more updated.
- (2018-02-07) Aleksandr Vasilenko: Awesome tool! Back in the days I had to dig into page source code and write down selectors manually but now I just rick click on element and that's it! Saves tons of time, highly recommend.
- (2017-04-28) Michael Ussher: It gives you a CSS selector it thinks identifies the class, but would be nice if you did not agree with the selector to have other choices to choose from. eg: for a menu item it chose #horizontal->li->a Which is correct, but I would have preferred an ID that was further away, but more descriptive. Some selection options would be nice.
- (2017-03-25) Jed Lynch: Cuts the time of writing selenium macros in half.
- (2017-03-13) shengxiang sun: 功能比较简单，但是也挺好用的
- (2016-09-20) Martin Spamer: Not suitable for producing Selenium WebDriver locators, since it only suggests low quality css class locators. No IDs, No names and No xpath support.