Downloads a backup of your WhatsApp chats
Downloads your WhatsApp chats to your computer from https://web.whatsapp.com/ HOW-TO USE VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9BTDA6s6RI The extension also tries grabbing a chat media if they still exist in the phone. You can choose a time period with the help of the Dates fields. If you click the Download button and nothing happens, reload the page and try again. IF THE EXTENSION IS HANGING TRY THE FOLLOWING: Without reloading the page click again on Download, wait for 5 seconds, and the download should continue. If it does not, repeat again. Questions and support: [email protected] ========== WHAT'S NEW ========== v. 22.214.171.124 - Fixed a bug due to latest API change - WASaver.get_WAConn().me.user to WASaver.get_WAConn().wid.user (function 'download_one_chat') v. 126.96.36.199 - Fixed a bug when a chat's title contains illegal file name characters (function 'zipBlob' in cs.js file) v 188.8.131.52 - Fixed the bug of loading WhatsApp modules (Chat and Msg) v 184.108.40.206 - Fixed the bug of a broken HTML file when downloading with media included v 220.127.116.11 - Fixed the necessity to reload the page after every download v 18.104.22.168 - Fixed the issue with loading the WhatsApp Store object v 22.214.171.124 - Updated the set of emoji v 126.96.36.199 - Minor bug fix v 188.8.131.52 - Fixed a bug with not downloading unresolved images. v 184.108.40.206 - Image names now include hhmmss. An image opens in a new window on double-click. v 220.127.116.11 - Option to skip downloading media in certain messages (to overcome the problem when the extension is stuck while downloading media). v 18.104.22.168 - Additional CSV settings v 22.214.171.124 - Quoted messages can be reached by clicking on them (HTML format) v 126.96.36.199 - Added possibility to download information about a group participants in CSV format v 188.8.131.52 - Stickers are saved and displayed v 184.108.40.206 - Added possibility to choose Export type (HTML or CSV)
- (2020-11-18) Felipe Pitta: Loved the test! I want to buy the full version, but the Purchase button is greyed out. What can i do?
- (2020-11-17) MAVERiCK: Upon first use, extension wants a sign-in to a Google account, once being denied it announces the free trial is over
- (2020-11-15) Elisa Anichini: I tried this extension a few time on some small chats and it seemed amazing so i decided to purchase it. Now i'm trying to export a bigger chat (with unresolved media) and the extension always hangs on the (maybe) same media. I also try to split the chat using the date feature but nothing changes, it hangs. Anyone can help? I really love this extension and i hope it will work out.
- (2020-11-08) Vikhyath KST: Liked the idea but Im unable to pay through my debit card. Anyone from India who succesfully bought the software?
- (2020-10-26) Kris Baas: This extention worked very well for me.I exported a dozen chats. The maximum chat exported succesfully into 844 pages.
- (2020-10-23) Paulo Braga: Very fine extension. Just purchased after testing the CSV output and am very pleased that HTML output looks the same as the original thread.
- (2020-10-16) Rishabh Rao: I first downloaded the free version, and then bought the app. However, even after buying it, it get this message when I press the download button - "Free version expired. Please buy the full version."
- (2020-10-12) Artur L: Emojis do NOT show up if you open the HTML file in FIREFOX (I didn't test in other browsers), there are just blank spaces. I suppose the emojis can only be displayed in Chrome which is kind of a bummer if you also use another browser. Also, it'd be useful if you could see the contact's details on top of the chat, e.g. the contact's name/phone number and the profile photo. Otherwise, you don't even know who the chat was with unless you check the name of the HTML file and the photo inside of the backup folder. There should be an easier and more straight forward way to identify the person who the chat was with. It would also be nice to have an option to customise the chat background before exporting the chat than just to have it in plain gray.
- (2020-10-12) Caden Hunt: Why do I need to login? Where are you storing my chats? Edit: Nevermind, I saw that it's to authenticate the purchase! Made a quick test an everything looks great.
- (2020-10-03) Ariel Agranovich: it has some bugs but its super great! helped me alot. thank you for making this awesome thing!
- (2020-10-03) Ergin GÖRÜR: Bir kişi ile olan tüm sohbetinizi, kayıtlı ilk selamdan başlayarak html şeklinde bilgisayarınıza saklamanıza yarıyor. Html olması her istediğiniz cihazda açabileceğiniz anlamına geliyor. Yani ister tabelette ister bilgisayarda. Sıkıştırılmış klasör içinde çıkardığı için tek dosya olarak alıyorsunuz. Bence çok iyi ve yeterli, önce demo kullandım, işime yaradığını görünce satın aldım. Ne için kullanılır Eşiniz veya sevigilinizle yıllardır devam eden konuşmalarınızı silmeye kıyamıyorsanız yada benim gibi bir bebeğin büyümesinin tüm wp kayıtlarını almak için İş ile ilgili bazı konuşmaların yedeklenmesi için Ne için kullanılmaz Adli davalarda kanıt olarak kullanılamaz - html düzenlenebilir bir formattır Tüm konuşmaların yedeklenmesi için kullanılamaz - umarım eklenir
- (2020-09-11) Zachary Kowalczyk: I live in Germany, where WhatsApp's built-in chat export feature was removed. I tried the free trial of this extension and was very satisfied with the results. It is quick, efficient, and even allows you to view the messages in the format of an actual WhatsApp chat. It works with both groups and private chats and downloads shared images and videos as well as the text messages. Sometimes it seems to not download ALL images, I'm not sure, but that doesn't bother me much as I can download those manually. For only 2.99 Euros, the full version is at a very fair price and is definitely worth adding to your browser. The only thing I would want to see added is the ability to download group chat icons automatically. Some icons of group participants are downloaded but not all, and the group picture itself also isn't. Other than that though, this extension is excellent. I'm very happy this was made.
- (2020-09-10) Damian Pellegrino: very good tool, but is not available for purchase....:I
- (2020-09-03) Ritik Mangla: Hey, the extension works really well, for chats with messages over the 40,000 limit created by WhatsApp. An issues I faced was while I tried to backup chats over 300,000 messages, If so, please help me out with a solution, it keeps on crashing at around 280,000 messages and then the page becomes unresponsive. Thankss :D
- (2020-08-09) Muhammad Asif: Does the job. Thanks a lot for making this!!!
- (2020-07-24) Simson Isravel: Hello Fatty, Wow !!! Awesome !!! I was looking for the chat backup option from my iPhone. As i was not having enough space to backup in my iCloud. This Extension is a real hero. I have taken my backups (Chats, photos, videos, audios.etc) Thank you. God Bless.
- (2020-07-23) Eduardo Verissimo: Funciona. No entanto, o botão de compra nunca fica habilitado, então não consigo mais usar.
- (2020-07-14) Carlos Rincón Salazar: ¿Cómo puedo saber cuan bueno es si no puedo probarlo en su versión gratuita? ¿Pueden habilitar una función limitada al menos para decidir si pago por la versión completa?
- (2020-07-09) Leonor F.: Bought the app and I'm still getting the message saying I can't download the chats because I have the trial version.
- (2020-07-05) Luis Alberto: Good app! But there are disadvantages: 1. The saved chat history does not display emoticons on another computer where this extension is not installed. 2. When opening the archive, the Internet is required to connect the js libraries. If libraries on the Internet become outdated and inaccessible, there will be problems with the archive already saved.
- (2020-07-02) Salauddin shaik: Great Extension, very useful for more than 40k messages. Very Supportive Developer. Five Stars
- (2020-07-02) Info Multitienda: I bought this extension and i like it, it works quite good but after some testing i've noticed some problems: *The HTML is not grabbing any emoji at all, and it shows a blank space instead, so a lot of conversations just lose a lot of sense because of that. *Sometimes it doesn't grab the right dates, and the HTML just starts at a random date, so you gotta try to save again multiple times until it finally exports the right range of dates. It would be great if those can get fixed by the next update, i'll update my review.
- (2020-07-01) Je: It is not possible to print smaller than A4 paper size, because it cuts the messages. Please, fix this.
- (2020-06-30) Je: It is not possible to print smaller than A4 paper size, because it cuts the messages. Please, fix this.
- (2020-06-30) Jochem Peter: Works as it's showed. Would be great if: - it could auto back-up multiple chats within a given timeframe; - there is a shortkey to start the back-up automatically (e.g. ctr+x or whatever to trigger the extention).