The 90's rang... they want their popups back. Blocks GDPR notices, kills off annoying in-page popups, and stops autoplaying videos.
Are you getting fed up of all the clutter polluting your web browser every time you visit a web page? "Please accept cookies"... "Indicate your GDPR consent"... "Sign up to our mailinglist"... "Here's an autoplaying video I'm going to shove down your throat"... "Before you go, sign up"... GAH!! It's like being back in the 90's where Internet Explorer was drowned in popups, except this time, these annoying popups are appearing inside the actual web pages as modal dialog boxes. So we wrote a handy browser extension to get rid of this clutter... ShyteAway! Features: * Blocks modal dialog boxes except for menus and logins * Blocks cookie / GDPR consent nag boxes * Stops timed "sign up for stuff" boxes from appearing * Stops videos from auto-playing * Choose which sites you want to disable blocking for * Remembers your per-site settings * Toggle ShyteAway on and off for your whole browser session Privacy: ShyteAway and Onley Technical Consulting Ltd do not collect ANY of your browsing data. Your ShyteAway site preferences are stored inside your own Google Chrome Account profile, we never see them.
- (2020-12-07) Jacob Burnette: Needs a site whitelist so that it doesn't impede functionality on certain websites while still blocking all others.
- (2020-01-29) Tyler Billingsley: FINALLY!!!! Kills the modal bullshyte that pops up on every site I use for work and news. THANK YOU!!!! Just tweak it to kill the border-pop modal rubbish and it will be perfect. Still brilliant AF, and saves me loads of time throughout the workday!
- (2019-04-30) Has had no effects on popups at the edge of the browser window, only on free-floating popups.
- (2020-12-09, v:0.3.1) Da-yana-A': Blocker is blocking a valid search engine www.duckduckgo.com
Blocker is blocking a valid search engine www.duckduckgo.com on Brave web browser Version 1.11.104 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit) (copied from 'about'). This is on Linux Mint. Email me to let me know you got this and when it might be fixed: [email protected]
- (2020-06-03, v:0.2.3) radx4g: Default to Disabled
Nice extension. Works great on many pages. Unfortunately, it does break a number of legit pages, such as Google Calendar and a few others I've noticed. It would be great if instead of being enabled for every site and manually disabling the extension, it could be disabled for every site and I could enable it for specific sites. Chrome does have a "specific site" site access feature, but that's not quick and easy to access.
- (2019-01-15, v:0.2.3) Michael Brooks: Can I send you feedback and stuff?
Why, yes you can! The current version of ShyteAway is 0.2.something. At the moment it cuts the basic clutter like cookie notices. I fully intent to make it smarter by listening to your feedback!