Remote Preview allows to preview any URL on large number of mobile devices simultaneously
Remote Preview is a free open source tool built for open device labs, which allows to preview almost any URL on large number of mobile devices simultaneously. Just enable the extension, go to a URL, and the URL gets automatically loaded on each device. Supports tab changing too. Works on platforms like Android, Blackberry, iOS, Maemo, Meego, Symbian, Windows Phone and WebOS. Please note that the Remote Preview extension requires that you have a working Remote Preview script running on a server or a localhost. You can find more information about it here: http://viljamis.com/blog/2012/remote-preview/
- (2015-11-12) Gaston Nina Sossa: Awesome! It would be better if the scroll will be sync automatically.
- (2014-07-27) Martin Hrubý: Skvělý plug-in pro vývoj WEBu pro mobily i různé platformy. Víc už zjednodušit náhled stránky na víc zařízeních nejde. Dokonalé! :-)
- (2013-09-11) Francisco Ferreira: Awesome this made my day to test stuff :)
- (2013-03-20) Nathaniel Deal: Great extension to the original script. Works on almost any device! Rated A++
- (2013-12-09, v:0.1.3) Luciano D: worked for 1 day
It's a great tool and it was working great for one day. However, this morning I tried using it again and when I load a page or switch tabs on the desktop the browsers on the remote devices blink for a split second with the correct page and then change to a "page not available" or "unable to resolve DNS" screen. It happens every time I load a new page. I'm hosting the remote preview on localhost (I'm using MAMP on OSX 10.8.5), so I point my devices to http://localhost:8888/remote or http://192.168.56.1:8888/remote.