Simplify web development by easily switching domains between specified URL groups.
As a developer, it can be a hassle to switch between various environments (e.g. dev, uat, prod). This extension is designed to allow the developer to quickly swap environments when they are on a page while keeping their path intact. Domain Switcher allows you to organize the environments for the various projects you work on. Simply create a "project" on the options page and enter the associated domains for the various environments for the project. We'll do the rest, and you'll be able to simply switch between environments by clicking the arrow icon in your address bar when you are on a page that matches one of your project environments. For example, if you are working on a project about "coffee", you could enter environments: "localhost:3000", "test.coffee.com", "coffee.com". Then, when you are on any of these domains, you will have an icon in your URL bar that will allow you to switch to the other environments. The path of the page you are on is preserved in the URL. This extension is open-source and hosted on GitHub. If you find an issue, help out by posting it there as an issue or submit a pull request. https://github.com/stevehanson/domain-switcher-chrome
- (2019-10-28) tim golding: worked perfectly... thank you
- (2019-02-05) Vijay Krishna Kudva: exactly what i needed! Awesome. Thanks a lot.
- (2019-02-01) Bohdan Yatsenko: does not work
- (2018-12-07) Ivan B: useful app
- (2018-07-12) Kam Kuo: Great extenstion! A couple suggestions: 1. Add the ability to trigger and navigate using keyboard shortcuts. 2. Be able to save project data to Google Drive or something to allow sharing with your team.
- (2017-07-29) Mahesh Krishna: This is exactly what we need as testers or developers. Amazing extension which saves a lot of time.
- (2016-07-19) Luca Steeb: 10/10
- (2015-12-02) Russell Dempsey: Exactly what i've been wanting to write a quick script for, for the last few weeks. I finally got annoyed enough to search for another solution today. It does exactly what I need.
- (2015-06-23) Mike Lou: Perfect solution to managing development during the QA process. Thanks!
- (2015-05-12) Calvin M. Cole: Awesome! Makes QC'ing much easier and faster.
- (2015-03-13) Jim Stevenson: Very nice extension that easily switches between environments. Thanks!
- (2014-12-24) Igor Petrovic: not bad :) some regex love in project definitions ? so if you have the same pattern for all your projects, u can make only one configuration and role with it.
- (2014-09-19) Henry Ávila: Ótima ideia. Muito bom e útil!!!!
- (2013-11-30) Ian Gloude: Another awesome productivity tool! Well done sir.
- (2013-11-26) Mike G: Seems like a great start. It wouldn't pick up one of my entered domains. So I couldn't switch back to my dev environment.
- (2013-11-25) Nelu Malancea: Nice productivity tool. Thank you!
- (2020-09-16, v:0.6.1) Tim Appleby: How to back up settings?
Love this handy extension. I have about 5 projects each with a Dev, Stg and Prod set of urls. On a weekly basis the IT dept wipe these settings and I have to set them all up again.Is the Project data stored in a file that could be backed up and shared between computers?
- (2019-10-08, v:0.6.1) Mahesh Krishna: Needed query parameter addition to URLs to support switching environments
I work on a daily basis to switch environments regularly and as such I love this extension. There are cases where I need to append params at the end to load another version of it. I know that it is a rare scenario but and option to enable it when needed would be great. qa.xyz.com/series/8890/scorecard?enable=stageAPI&lock=true While the real the Prod URL is www.xyz.com/series/8890/scorecard Let me know how you can help me on this
- (2019-03-15, v:0.6.1) jordan austin: Great extension - idea
During development I often have 20+ tabs open, some with domain A, some with domain B, C etc. It would be great if those tabs could have a color or an icon indicating which domain they're attached to Thank you so much for this extension!!!
- (2018-10-03, v:0.6.1) Roland Tóth: Open in new tab
It would be great if there was an option to open domains on a new tab (perhaps with middle mouse click?). I use the extension to compare the dev/test/prod versions of websites and it would help keeping the current domain in place.
- (2017-02-12, v:0.6.1) Daniel Grossfeld: cool extension, needs HTTPS support
hi! This seems very useful. But when I switch between domains, I also need to switch protocols, since my development server doesn't support HTTPS while my staging and production environments *require* it. Any way to (optionally) include the protocol in the route would be much appreciated!
- (2016-11-28, v:0.6.1) Jonny MacEachern: Keybinds
Any chance you could add the option to keybind environments? (e.g. alt+1 = 1st environment, alt+2 = 2nd environment)
- (2016-04-28, v:0.5.6) Alex M: Save settings in the cloud
I am using a synced google account. Could the host settings be also stored in that account to be used across all browsers where I sign in?
- (2016-04-25, v:0.5.6) Alex M: Add domains by convention
We usually have environments like this: example.com (LIVE) example.com.testing.ourcompany.de (Public testing instance) example.com.mycomputer.ourcompany.local So it would be great if we could add this structure once as configuration and then have new domains we add automatically "inherit" this convention.
- (2016-02-05, v:0.5.6) Sam Edwards: Ability to export all projects and share with others
Can't explain how happy this extension has made me! I've set up 4 projects with about 6 different domains in each, would be amazing to be able to just export this as an overall project and share it with others so they could copy my setup instead of setting up from scratch!