Switch domains without switching paths.
Domain Swap is a Google Chrome extension which lets you change the domain of the active tab while keeping the path the same. This is great for web developers who share links and need to easily switch between environments.
- (2020-04-04) Sofia Visser: Can't get it to work. I wanted something to toggle between reddit's new version and old version, www.reddit.com and old.reddit.com. Thought this would do the trick maybe? I added those two as a set but there's no button to switch, other than the one that opens context menu.
- (2020-03-14) Jin Kwon: I love it.
- (2017-03-29) Paul Zahorosky: This didn't work for me. I set my two domains to swap but left-clicking on the button for this extension in the Chrome toolbar only shows the same browser context menu as right-clicking (Options, Remove From Chrome, etc.).
- (2015-08-25) Stijn Van Wijmeersch: Great tool!
- (2015-06-18) Anand Surendran: Serves the purpose for some blocked websites with unblocked alternative domains.. (imgur vs filmot)
- (2013-12-16) Cody James Peterson: Great idea! This will be super useful for my workflow.
- (2013-12-09) Zach Leatherman: This is an amazing tool. I use it all the time. Full disclosure: I liked this extension so much that I contributed some code to it.
- (2015-01-27, v:2.0.2) Jacob Buck: Open in a new tab
Would be great if the links are real links (with href set) so if I command+click/control+click/middle click on a link it opens in a new tab. Same with shit+click to open in a new window. And right clicking should give me the options to do so too,
- (2014-12-10, v:2.0.2) Максаров Михаил: Swap subdomains
When i press "swap" button domian changes in subdomains
- (2014-12-03, v:2.0.2) Максаров Михаил: Swap all tabs
When i press "swap" button domian changes in all matched tabs. I guess that is not correct.
- (2014-10-28, v:2.0.2) Button in chrome?
The extension button is not appearing in chrome. I've added two sets in case it needed a choice to show, but the button never shows up. Closed/reopened browser and all. Any ideas? Chrome Version 38.0.2125.104 m win7 sp1