A powerful offline indexing and searching tool to find matching terms in tab's title and content
- (2022-03-15) Emre Ç.: Great app, saves a lot of time. Its data protective, love it. It cant even connect to the internet lol. Best app ever:)
- (2022-02-24) Joseph: This is hands down one of the best tools I've ever used for college. I use it for when I have thousands of tabs open while taking a quiz and I need to find the tab with the answer to the current question and I don't want to look it up on google again because I know one of the tabs already has it.
- (2021-12-06) Paul Razvan Berg: Works well
- (2021-09-18) hao rui: very good,wish to choose a brighter color (yellow, for example) to highlight the key words in context of result,thanks
- (2021-07-23) Óscar: It's not possibe to associate a keyboard shortcut in Microsoft Edge, because the extension doesn't show in the list.
- (2021-06-28) Michael Ndudim: What a life saver of an extension. Thank God it exists.
- (2021-04-28) Matthew Johnstone: Great extension. Thank you developers!
- (2021-04-23) Nushrah Yanida: It searches through websites quite effortlessly but my main problem it that it cannot go through the tabs on chrome with pdfs open and I feel like that is an essential feature that should be added ASAP
- (2021-03-18) Gabriel Braun: Amazing! I am a Tab hoarder. This has just saved days in my life of jumping between tab groups looking for a specific tab. I rarely donate to support free software, but you got my support a minute after I used it.
- (2020-11-05) Hassan Raza: Awesome Chrome Extension Saves Alot of Time
- (2020-10-24) Zi Xerath: You can support chinese search?
- (2020-10-23) Nikita: Finally I got an extension that works fine in Vivaldi browser and searches not only in titles, but in tab contents. Was looking for such thing for years!
- (2020-10-22) Evgeny Goldin: Absolutely love it! Helps finding the right Google Doc among many of them opened already. I only wish it supported a partial search. I noticed if tab's URL ends with "/D5081903" (that's https://secure.phabricator.com/) - search will only find it when using "D5081903", but not "1903" :(
- (2020-09-28) Vishnu Kadaba: Does exactly what it says and is very good at it!
- (2020-08-07) Sandip Darji: EDIT: 08/07/2020 So after using it for several months, I noticed on my mac (which is 2019 16" Macbook pro; also noticed on 2016 15" MBP) that the extension would work only a few of the times. When I search for a keyword, it keeps showing me "searching" but never yeild any result. After a restart of Mac (not chrome) it starts working again which started becoming frustrating. I switched to "Tabs Search" and never had to look back. Completely satisfied. I think these two are the only utilities which allow index search (content of the page and not mere title) that I have come across so far. Taking two stars off of my initial 5 start ratings. (Link to Tabs Search if anyone is interested: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tabs-search/afofpimceiommjijmmflhoeeoefghogm ) Searched chrome web store to find an extension which can search for the "contents" of all open tabs rather than just the URL and so many other gimmicks. This is the first extension I came across. However, I did not install it first merely because it had got just 7 reviwes at a time I was looking. I installed "taboutliner" which got ~3000 4+ reviews. Immediately deleted. Installed "multiple tab search". Again ended up uninstalling it. Finally gave a try to this one and I am so delighted that this is exactly the one I was looking for. Extremely simple to use. No learning curve. Click on "search" icon, type keyword and it will show the list of tabs the keyword is found in. Click on one from the right there in the list and it will take you right to the open tab, rather than opening it in a new tab. Install this. You won't regret.
- (2020-07-14) Sumarth Mehta: Super polished
- (2020-01-26) Danko Kapitan: GG <3
- (2020-01-21) Steve Messer: Outstanding. Only potential distraction for some is the richness of its search results. All that is required is entire words or phrase! Get it while it's free.
- (2019-12-17) Edward Jiang: This is an amazing and useful plugin!
- (2019-12-17) Robert VIVANCO: Great stuff.
- (2019-11-05) Max Meier: A very good extension, thank you! I am wondering what it means when it states 'xx tab(s) are ignored' ? This occurs even after a fresh browser start (session restore). I have disabled discarding tabs in browser flags. How can i prevent this behavior?
- (2019-10-17) Dheeraj G: Way better than all those extensions which I have seen with higher ratings from lot of people. This is exactly the extension I been looking from many days. It just looks across all the open tabs in your window and directly navigates to that tab. However, there are few things it can still improve(like reducing the number of search results)
- (2019-08-30) Tony S.: I am surprised that this extension hasn't got much more reviews. It's brilliant! I've been trying several other extensions that would help me to look up text contents (not just the tab name) across my many opened tabs, and this is the only one that does the job really well. However, it would be nice if the devs were to add some shortcut keys so that I can access the search feature without clicking on the extension button every time. Edit: I've found that sometimes certain tabs would only be indexed *after* I had manually switched to that particular tab and manually searched for a certain key word, which defeats the purpose of using this extension in the first place. There should be an option to switch indexing on/off to avoid this behavior.
- (2019-08-21) Pat Miller: Awesome extension, it searches the CONTENT, not just the title and URL! It also has support for constraining the search to the title, URL, etc. This is much better than other tab search extensions that I looked for!
- (2019-08-08) Oliver Clark: Text searches on open tabs - makes returning to content much faster than searching manually and more intuitive than tab searches that only search on the tab name (not its content). Excellent utility, all the better for running in browser memory with no transfer of data.
- (2019-06-19) O CS: unfortunately, doesn't search on open PDF's on chrome, thats whats i was wanting