This is the latest version of wavemaker software, now fully cross platform
This is the latest version (Version 3) of the Wavemaker Novel Planning and Writing Software. If you are a writer planning on doing nanowrimo you may also find this tool useful. I have added some great new features in, and rebuilt from the ground up so that it's mobile friendly as well. It works as a Progressive Web App, so it can install locally to virtually any device (ChromeOS, Desktop, Windows, Linux, Android, iOs Mac- currently requires a setting to be enabled in chrome) This extension simply works as a link to open the app quickly from your browser after you have installed it. Works from local database with the ability to backup your database and import it to another device (or synch up to your google drive) *New features* No Login Required! (You will have to authorise your google drive account if you want it to sync) Multi-level breaking down of chapters into scenes (and beyond) Research database, keep notes, upload images and link entries with hashtags! Exports to HTML, Markdown (RTF and eBook formats coming as well); Planning Grid Tool added. (Based on the JKRowling example) Finally a cross platform alternative to Scrivener! Write your story, novel or book using the writing tools in wavemaker. Book Writing whether factual or fiction writing is possible using the easy to manage project manager tool for writing your book. Works with built in browser / systems spell checkers and tools like Grammarly You can export to markdown or html for those of you writing a serialised novel for the web or a blog. We also have an Android app, however the ideal way to install this app is through visiting https://wavemaker.cards and choosing the install option
- (2020-01-25) Carlos A Oso: Maravillosa
- (2020-01-16) Michell Skorna: Looking for an "All-In-One"-Solution? It's right here with Wavemaker. (Small things *not* worth reducing the rating by one star: Some Markup-like features, e.g. lists, or literature source linking/managing would be top notch. But nonetheless still a marvelous piece of software.)
- (2019-12-13) Andrew Chrispen: I love Wavemaker. Im a new writer and was looking for an alternative to Scrivener and this app is perfect for me. I have been having one issue though that has been driving me crazy. While transferring all of my work to the latest version, my work does this thing where whole paragraphs have been reformatted or something. (I cant think of the correct word to use.)The entire paragraph is on a single line and you have to scroll over to read the words. It changes the font as well. It seems to only happen when you paste to the writing section and close the window and reopen it. I haven't found a way to fix it either. If that gets fixed this would be the ultimate writing app. Im using a Chromebook as well, maybe that makes a difference somehow.
- (2019-12-07) Shipra Srivastava: Wow, just WOW! I still cannot thank the universe enough for the day I found Wavemaker, it was like finding water in a desert. For an obsessive planner like me, writing becomes a hassle because of bazillion notes, images and whatnot. With this app, I can organize everything neatly. The best part is, I actually enjoy worldbuilding now--more than ever. It is so sleek and smooth and it's FREE. No more heart-eyes for Scrivener because Wavemaker is the king. Planning, creating characters and plotting has never been easier. Thank you so, so much! Love from India x
- (2019-11-21) Gerhard Radstake: After talking to a friend who finished writing his book with ibook author. I looked for an alternative and found Wavemaker. Being a copywriter and ghostwriter (just finished a cook book), always working in Word or Google Docs. I´m very happy with Wavemaker as it has all the components I need to store research results. And it´s so easy to rearrange all the chapters in a book. Especcially with a cookbook it´s great to easily put the recipes in alphabetical order. Also love the fact that it works offline as well. Can certainly recommend this app to anyone who is ready to write a book. By the way it´s also great to use the app for copywriting. Maybe in a next version you can add option to add images.
- (2019-10-22) dannyv233: Beware! Lost all my data. I refuse to use this again. You don't need all it's useless tools to write anyways.
- (2019-09-04) Tlilticoatl Art: Dejo la opinión en español, porque creo que así más gente se interesará. A mi personalmente me ha encantado mucho. He instalado decenas de softwares, y he querido conformarme con los que estan disponibles pero nunca me conformo y sigo buscando en internet. Gracias por esta extensión maravillosa.
- (2019-07-16) Takk Dzien: It's the exact application I have been looking for. All the journal, note, document applications are ok for writing stories but are not perfect. THIS IS PERFECT!!
- (2019-07-12) Anna Thomas: Just realized that I've been using this for months now and haven't written a review. After completely losing my mind post-loss of a 50,000+ word project, (an app crash) I scoured the Play Store to find a writing app that wouldn't break my heart. I found it here! The fact that saves happen so often eases my mind like you wouldn't believe. Iain, thank you for the work you put in to create this in the first place and the care you put into its upkeep! By and large, my favorite writing program!
- (2019-07-09) palak vankar: This app is really helpful for the people like me, who has lot of thoughts and want some awesome digital space at which they can write it down. it's include challenge of writing option which has helped me a lot to improve my typing speed as well as writing without correction. good platform provided here as it has all settings that a story writer or book writer wants as a printed style for his/her book. happy writing.
- (2019-07-01) R. Seeley-Robinson: It was awesome in the beginning, but I opened up the app one day and all of my papers were gone. The program was super simple and I figured everything out. Though I opened up the app and all of my work was gone, I had several different papers that are extremely important to me and now are gone and I didn't have a chance to save them. So I'm taking a few stars off for sudden loss of all my work and inability to recover any of it.
- (2019-06-25) Jessica Rochester: I would love if we could have multiple snowflake grids at once instead of only being able to have one. I'm writing a fantasy series, and I'm using the snowflake tool to plan out the character arcs, so being able to make more than one would be really helpful.
- (2019-06-06) Oliver Holmes: good helpful
- (2019-05-25) Jake Walls: Love this app on version 4 please consider adding these features Export to pdf/ pdf viewer/editor A way to sketch on the writer using a keyboard or stylus if chromebooks are convertatable and a touchscreen. A way to add friends to wavemaker/chat with them, & video calling so we can collaborate with my followers. A way to have typewriter mode with green glow in the dark feature, A way to change colors of the fonts. A title page A fm radio with the ability to tone to a different channel like 105.3 the bat/plus a search button to search public radios in other states. It will be called Wavemaker Radio since wave is related to radio station wave towers. How regularly do you update wavemaker. The only complaint i've got is the save project button is broken it doesn't do anything please fix it, other than that great novel writing app keep up the great work. Is there a way to create a kindle fire 10 app on the amazon app store.
- (2019-05-22) James Esch: I've been using Wavemaker for a few weeks now on my laptop, and it's a simpler version of Scrivener built for easy syncing to google drive. Really convenient, clean design, and contains features many writers will love. I like the focus writing mode, the typewriter scrolling, the export options, and the many ways you can develop ideas. The note cards are a great feature. The true test of a writing app for me: does it make you write more, and write better? YES on both accounts, for me. I hope more writers discover this wonderful tool, and I hope the developer keeps updating it. Great work!
- (2019-05-15) Stanzin the Scribe: Brainstorming has never been more organic or more structured. A contradiction in terms, yeah, but this beautiful, sleek app doesn't care. This is basically the Tesla Model S of writing apps. I have literally one tip: your "Sync to Google Drive" option needs to be more visible, not hidden behind the "Manage Your Projects" label. I went bonkers looking for an option to connect my G-Drive. Yes, it was always there in front of me, just one click away, but since I didn't really have any projects to manage on Wavemaker at that point, I didn't bother to click on it.
- (2019-05-13) Andrew Curis: Rich in features, easy to sync. Exactly what I'm looking for in a writing tool.
- (2019-05-05) Ian S: Love it. Simple, easy to use, and helpful with a variety of uses. Currently writing an essay with the help of Wavemaker, because of its numerous ways to plan and organize ideas. Will definitely be using this as my main tool for writing from now on.
- (2019-05-05) John Mierau: Cross platform. Free and open source (or soon to be!). Web App, cross-platform makes it the ultimate in accessible, everywhere writing tools!
- (2019-05-03) 銀兎: これ、オンラインでもオフラインでも、携帯でも使える最強のライティングツールじゃん!! もっと評価されていいと思う。 章立てや覚書カードも小説を書くのに必要なツールが揃っているので複数のソフトを立ち上げる必要癌くてとても便利だ!! (((o(*ﾟ▽ﾟ*)o)))
- (2019-04-29) Let's Code: I don't actually use this to write a novels, I am currently studying for a masters degree in computer science and this tool is literally the best thing i have found for notes, mind maps and everything in between. Beautiful user interface and snappy I love it!
- (2019-04-17) M. F.A.: I love it!! It has a lot of useful features and I appreciated the videotutorials in the official website. Also, I love the fact that it works offline.
- (2019-04-11) Brianna Thorne: Other than having a little issue connecting it to my Google Drive, this software has been lovely to use. Iain, you're doing an incredible job. Thank you so much for this, I'm happy to leave a 5 star review for someone doing so much work.
- (2019-04-11) Michael Hill: I don't think I've ever seen a better realised piece of software. Online and offline too. Remarkable. Amazing. Suddenly I'm inspired to return to writing. I can't recommend this highly enough.
- (2019-03-21) I'm just using wavemaker recently and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! This application is so great for writing, literally all I wanted for writing in one app. I can write, taking notes for research, making timeline, brainstorm my idea with just one app. So efficient, and I really like the user interface. So sleek and easy to use. So far, I think Wavemaker is the best writing app I use and I keep suggesting my fellow writer to use this app. Thank you so much for making writing easier for me :) For further development, I just wondering ... maybe multiple snowflake feature? Because sometimes I used the snowflake feature not only for plotting my story, but also for formulating the detective mystery (like what's happened, the evidence, the culprit, why, and so on....) but there is only one snowflake :"D - ree
- (2019-11-17, v:3.0.2) Gavin E Parker: Cookies
Rather than enable all third-party cookies in order to sync with Google Drive, are there specific cookies that need to be allowed?
- (2019-10-20, v:3.0.2) Dylan Gordon: Keyboard shortcuts to add sibling/child?
Hi there, Apologies if this is covered somewhere else but I couldn't find it. Are there keyboard shortcuts to add/delete a sibling/child in the left-hand pane, akin to New Text ⌘N, New Folder ⌥⌘N, etc. in Scrivener?
- (2019-10-04, v:3.0.2) John Whitten: Side-Scroll with SHIFT+MOUSE_SCROLLWHEEL
Hello, I would like to suggest using a key combination such as SHIFT+MOUSE_SCROLLWHEEL to side-scroll in wide windows.
- (2019-08-02, v:3.0.2) Kathleen Edwards: spell check/word count
How do I enable word count and spell check?
- (2019-07-13, v:3.0.2) Sue S: Book words are all sporadic and file did not transfer from 2.8.8 version to this one
Instead of the words being on a page you can scroll down you now have to scroll right to read them but it won't let you fix anything and any attempt and the page is covered in weird scroll bars after each sentence and the entire thing is a mess! please help.
- (2019-07-10, v:3.0.2) Susan Davis: my book is gone
I've lost my book. I opened the app today to find it saying there was a problem with google and third party cookies not being enabled? I haven't changed my cookies on this browser (chrome iron) so nothing should be missing. It's giving me the option of saving to google drive when the sync was previously disabled, but today it's wanting my work now that it's missing????!!!! I have 75,000 words into this book and it can't just turn up missing. HELP!!!!! Susan Davis
- (2019-06-30, v:3.0.2) Gloria Wilson: Wavemaker Cards, Plan and Write your Novel
I have launched the app but can't find it on my chrome laptop please advise.
- (2019-04-29, v:3.0.2) Greg Colvin: Love the App, Need some tweaks
I'm using v3 and I'm wondering if there are any plans in the works to upgrade the font options. I ask this for two reasons, (1) the three font size options are enormous on my screen and I have bad eyesight, so that's saying something and (2) On the desktop app, the names of the various files are in dark text on the dark gray background and can not be seen. Also, I would like to be able to change the text color because the non bold font is too light against the white background and in order to highlight it for my collaborator. I do have one other gripe. I received a character development template PDF that I copied and pasted into Wavemaker. It had a number of little icons that I wanted to remove and I streamlined the text but when I navigate away from the individual portions and the go back, the formatting changes I made have either reverted or changed to have double asterisks at either end of the line. After a second or third pass at reformatting, the changes stick. Despite these requests, I do love the app. It's easy to use and I've barely started to delve into it. Thanks
- (2019-04-28, v:3.0.2) Jessica Gomez: writing
Is there any way to upload after writing as a pdf instead a txt doc?
- (2019-04-18, v:3.0.2) placid bone: trying to upload to new version
Good day, I have been trying to upload my current project which saves on my google chrome at nina.wpmj but there is a prompt which says "this file is badly broken or is not a wavemaker file. Please help!