A browser language switching extention / plugin written and designed by Hlawuleka Maswanganyi
A browser language switching extension/plugin that's very simple to install and use, offers a very easy / intuitive way for adding and removing languages. Supports both bulk and single language deletion. Data is synchronized between Webextension's Storage and the native browser localStorage API (uses 'als-language' and 'als-languages' - for a JSON formatted object that show the languages you've added for the selected group) as localstorage keys.
- (2020-01-28) Eugene Tiutiunnyk: The UI is bulky but at least it works in Chrome where other extensions do not work at all.
- (2020-01-27) Mohamed Ali RIAHI: Work Perfectly!
- (2019-12-04) 高执: do not work for me
- (2019-11-07) Eiji Kawahara: Not working with navigator.language
- (2019-11-07) Rui Pacheco: Good idea but unable to distinguish pt-pt from pt-br. So when pt is selected, pt-br language is fetched. WHen br is selected -> en.
- (2019-08-10) Maarten Mulder: It works but not more than that. It is not handy to add new langauges as it does not support language codes like nl-BE, fr-BE, et cetera. The developer managed to make something so easy still difficult
- (2019-07-07) Ben Nizette: Simple, easy, worked straight away
- (2019-07-06) n ascentt: Didn't do anything at all for me. Set to English, but never changes anything on websites. Managed to find the addon 'X-Forwarded-For Header' by Philip Lawrence which works perfectly.
- (2019-06-20) benny tsabba: The only lang switcher that really works!
- (2019-02-26) Ryo Shimabukuro: Great! Been using this since quick language switcher no longer available. If you guys could add Chinese traditional as well that would be great
- (2019-02-22) Wataru Ashihara: Still works on Chrome 72.0.3626.109 as of Feb 22, 2019
- (2018-12-11) Alexandr Nazarov: Didn't work for my case at all. OS: MacOS Siera 10.13.6 Browser: Chrome 70.0.3538.110 Application: Angular 6.1.0 using ngx-translate 11.0.1 Code to get locale: translate.getBrowserLang() Hope it will help to improve.
- (2018-12-07) Barak Noam Haviv: I didn't understand what it does and how should I used it. So I don't know if it works or not. Removing ....
- (2018-04-18) Nico: It doesn't switch the language.
- (2017-03-20) Anthony Tivani: Awesome and eazy to use! with advanced features...
- (2019-05-07, v:1.1.9) Remco Lam: Adding additional languages
Hi, Maybe you could add an option in the settings to add a custom language? I wanted to select UK english, but it's not there. The same with Dutch-netherlands and dutch-belgium. So if it's possible to add a description and the language code manually, that would be great, then I can add English as "en-uk"
- (2019-03-05, v:1.1.8) Ryo Shimabukuro: Traditional Chinese and availability of country's flag
Could you add Traditional Chinese on the language list on next update? That'll be great help on my work. Also, I noticed some flags are missing on the language selection list. (Japanese, Korean, Chinese) Btw, I really like this product so far! Great work.
- (2019-02-20, v:1.1.7) Jon Lindström Bolmgren: Swedish Flag
This is really minor, but currently the extension shows the wrong flag for Swedish.
- (2019-01-31, v:1.1.6) It looks like this no longer changes the accept lang header in Chrome 72.x
Noticed after upgrading to 72.x that it no longer worked. Confirmed by changing lang w/ the extension and not seeing any different in the accept-language header value.
- (2018-09-03, v:1.1.6) Dan Jacobson: Is there a github page
Is there a github page? You see if you reply to this message I won't get notified. Nor can I reply back to you, I can only reply to myself. Anyway I'm at [email protected]
- (2018-08-28, v:1.1.6) Holger Christiansen: With the Extension active, Facebook Messenger thinks it is offline
When I activate the Advanced Page Language Selector, my Facebook Messenger always says that it is currently offline, and I have to manually reload the page to get new messages. That alone makes the extension next to unusable right now :(
- (2018-05-24, v:1.1.6) Dan Jacobson: Switching Language by URL match
Here's what I want to do: In Chromium Preferences, I want for all sites: Order languages based on your preference English (United States) Chinese (Traditional) to be in effect, except sites that match *.example.org where I want Order languages based on your preference Chinese (Traditional) English (United States) to be in effect. You see different sites have different quirks I am going crazy having to switch manually. Can your extension help me?
- (2018-04-24, v:1.1.6) Strange Bugs
I've changed the color of the color for the badge from Red to Green since I really don't like Red unless it is for important dangerous error. But when I load the extension in dev mode there is some errors that happen (not related tro the badge color) as soon I click on the icon. Look here a screencast you will have a better understanding of the problem: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFfZrwbXFM I'd really like if you could tell how to fix those error since it's the first time I encounter those type of errors. If you need more information just ask me