A browser language switching extention / plugin written and designed by Hlawuleka Maswanganyi
A browser language switching extension/plugin that's very simple to install and use, offers a very easy / intuitive way for adding and removing languages. Supports both bulk and single language deletion. Data is synchronized between Webextension's Storage and the native browser localStorage API (uses 'als-language' and 'als-languages' - for a JSON formatted object that show the languages you've added for the selected group) as localstorage keys.
- (2020-06-26) Ally Tu: I am trying to use the extension as vaguely explained in your descriptions nut so far no changes with the languages has occurred, is there a method to do this properly?
- (2020-03-07) Marcus Hsu: Works for me. But sometimes the browser's lang is not as the plugin shows. You need to set it again.The UI design needs a lot of improvement including background and fonts.
- (2020-01-28) Eugene Tiutiunnyk: The UI is bulky but at least it works in Chrome where other extensions do not work at all.
- (2020-01-27) Mohamed Ali RIAHI: Work Perfectly!
- (2019-12-04) 高执: do not work for me
- (2019-11-07) Eiji Kawahara: Not working with navigator.language
- (2019-11-07) Rui Pacheco: Good idea but unable to distinguish pt-pt from pt-br. So when pt is selected, pt-br language is fetched. WHen br is selected -> en.
- (2019-08-10) Maarten Mulder: It works but not more than that. It is not handy to add new langauges as it does not support language codes like nl-BE, fr-BE, et cetera. The developer managed to make something so easy still difficult
- (2019-07-07) Ben Nizette: Simple, easy, worked straight away
- (2019-07-06) n ascentt: Didn't do anything at all for me. Set to English, but never changes anything on websites. Managed to find the addon 'X-Forwarded-For Header' by Philip Lawrence which works perfectly.
- (2019-06-20) Benny Tsabba: The only lang switcher that really works!
- (2019-02-26) Ryo Shimabukuro: Great! Been using this since quick language switcher no longer available. If you guys could add Chinese traditional as well that would be great
- (2019-02-22) Wataru Ashihara: Still works on Chrome 72.0.3626.109 as of Feb 22, 2019
- (2018-12-11) Alexandr Nazarov: Didn't work for my case at all. OS: MacOS Siera 10.13.6 Browser: Chrome 70.0.3538.110 Application: Angular 6.1.0 using ngx-translate 11.0.1 Code to get locale: translate.getBrowserLang() Hope it will help to improve.
- (2018-12-07) Barak Noam Haviv: I didn't understand what it does and how should I used it. So I don't know if it works or not. Removing ....
- (2018-04-18) Nico: It doesn't switch the language.
- (2017-03-20) Anthony Tivani: Awesome and eazy to use! with advanced features...
- (2020-06-02, v:1.2.0) Stefan Simon: Example Video
This extension does not change the language of my website. It seems I'm not the only one with that problem. Could you upload an example video somewhere in case I did something wrong?
- (2020-04-19, v:1.2.0) Marek Toman: Incorrect flag Czech Republic
Hi, you are using incorect flag for Czech Republic (Czechia as short name for country, Czech as language). Please can you change it to correct one? Thank you a lot for great plugin! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic#/media/File:Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg
- (2019-05-07, v:1.1.9) Remco Lam: Adding additional languages
Hi, Maybe you could add an option in the settings to add a custom language? I wanted to select UK english, but it's not there. The same with Dutch-netherlands and dutch-belgium. So if it's possible to add a description and the language code manually, that would be great, then I can add English as "en-uk"
- (2019-03-05, v:1.1.8) Ryo Shimabukuro: Traditional Chinese and availability of country's flag
Could you add Traditional Chinese on the language list on next update? That'll be great help on my work. Also, I noticed some flags are missing on the language selection list. (Japanese, Korean, Chinese) Btw, I really like this product so far! Great work.
- (2019-02-20, v:1.1.7) Jon Lindström Bolmgren: Swedish Flag
This is really minor, but currently the extension shows the wrong flag for Swedish.
- (2019-01-31, v:1.1.6) It looks like this no longer changes the accept lang header in Chrome 72.x
Noticed after upgrading to 72.x that it no longer worked. Confirmed by changing lang w/ the extension and not seeing any different in the accept-language header value.
- (2018-09-03, v:1.1.6) Dan Jacobson: Is there a github page
Is there a github page? You see if you reply to this message I won't get notified. Nor can I reply back to you, I can only reply to myself. Anyway I'm at [email protected]
- (2018-08-28, v:1.1.6) Holger Christiansen: With the Extension active, Facebook Messenger thinks it is offline
When I activate the Advanced Page Language Selector, my Facebook Messenger always says that it is currently offline, and I have to manually reload the page to get new messages. That alone makes the extension next to unusable right now :(
- (2018-05-24, v:1.1.6) Dan Jacobson: Switching Language by URL match
Here's what I want to do: In Chromium Preferences, I want for all sites: Order languages based on your preference English (United States) Chinese (Traditional) to be in effect, except sites that match *.example.org where I want Order languages based on your preference Chinese (Traditional) English (United States) to be in effect. You see different sites have different quirks I am going crazy having to switch manually. Can your extension help me?
- (2018-04-24, v:1.1.6) Strange Bugs
I've changed the color of the color for the badge from Red to Green since I really don't like Red unless it is for important dangerous error. But when I load the extension in dev mode there is some errors that happen (not related tro the badge color) as soon I click on the icon. Look here a screencast you will have a better understanding of the problem: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFfZrwbXFM I'd really like if you could tell how to fix those error since it's the first time I encounter those type of errors. If you need more information just ask me