Listen to any website using Podcasts, now or later.
(T)alk A(t) Y(ou) L(ater), pronounced "tale", is the service that gives your Internet content a voice. This extension packs an easy way for you to send articles to your Podcast for later listening, while also normalising web pages into a layout optimised for reading. Send TAYL anything you want read. Listen in the TAYL app, or by using Podcasts. This extension can be used for free. Premium features can be unlocked with an account at https://my.tayl.app TAYL speaks and support multiple languages and dialects: US English, UK English, AU English, German, FR French, CA French, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, PT Portuguese, BR Portuguese, Swedish, Polish, Ukrainian and Turkish.
- (2021-01-27) Ashley Drewes: NOT FREE! Only a 'free trial' which doesn't even fully work. Misleading and poorly done!
- (2020-06-27) robot superbear: long ended
- (2020-01-04) Eric Waters: The extension description page is deceptive; it claims that the basic service can be used for free, but it's actually only a 7 day trial. What's more (and worse, really), is that the trial is restricted to English only, and only provides summaries rather than reading full articles. Even the paid plans are kind of a rip - apparently there's something called "credits" that are the only difference between the two paid tiers, but no obvious explanation what "credits" are for, so it's not easy to make an informed decision about what you might need. This is not a good look, Tayl, especially for something that would be so useful for those with a disability. You need to update the extension web page to obviously indicate that this is a free trial, not a limited free service, and your website needs to be more straightforward. Alternately, you could just make your "free trial" and actual free tier; the paid options do have a lot more features, which should entice subscribers. Either way, not having the extension page immediately identify this as a EXTREMELY limited trial for a paid service is dishonest. Do better.
- (2020-01-04) La Poubelle: I couldn't get it to work??? At all???? At first I thought it was because I didn't have an account, so I made one. Then I thought it was just the website I was on, so I went to a different one. Then I thought maybe I just have to press an extra button to start the audio or something, because it did convert the website into the minimalist-style that is advertises, so I came here to see if there was anything in the reviews and apparently it's just not functional at all without money? Usually with stuff like that I can at least find some fine print somewhere that points it out, but I couldn't find anything, so I'm not sure if it's just broken or if it really is just an extension you need to buy.
- (2020-01-01) Sam Soltan: تازه درلبتاپ نصب کردم در موبایل که خوب بود///////////////////////////////
- (2019-12-30) Emily: I got to the website and realized I couldn't test it or watch a video of it working. Then I closed the window and came here. I am not willing to make an account every time I want to try someone. I'm looking forward to trying it once it's more accessible. Then I have no problem making an account. Good day fine sirs. Edit: changing from 3 to ZERO. I accidently made an account, tried it and FOUND OUT I COULDN'T USE IT WITHOUT PAYING. Otherwise, it seems like really good tool!
- (2019-12-30) Stanislav Zatenatskii: тестирую \
- (2019-10-22) John Martin: Not free at all. Not even for a trial.
- (2020-05-01, v:2.1.1) Murad's World: OSMO
- (2020-04-16, v:2.1.1) Chris Voss: Doesnt work after paying
I paid and wanted to review this on The Chris Voss Show but I cant get it to play.