A chrome extension that adds a colored border around websites that match user inputted preferences.
This extension allows you to flag specified websites by highlighting the website with a custom colored border. This is especially useful for developers who run their web applications on many different environments and who are constantly switching between a dev, test, and production version of an app or database. Because the application may look the same on all environments, it's easy to accidentally do something on the production environment that shouldn't have been done. With URL Colors, you can easily have the browser flag important websites for you by specifying a the keyword to match against the tab url, the border color, width, opacity, whether or not the border should blink, and the interval of blinking. It also has a demo mode, or snooze mode, so you can shut if off while presenting for a specified period of time, without worrying about reactivating it later. It automatically turns back on for you! Want to add functionality or tweak something? Please contribute here: https://github.com/fej-snikduj/URLColors/ Thanks to @dzoba for developing this with me!
- (2020-08-25) Glen Coakley: For anybody involved in software development that uses multiple environments which run the same application this is the extension you need. It is simple and easily configurable while being both obvious and unobtrusive. Thank you!
- (2020-01-31) István Ujj-Mészáros: Works great!
- (2019-10-15) Czarandom: no longer functions.
- (2019-08-29) Chris Ayers: Did not work for me. Instructions unclear : do we enter 10px or 10vw or just 10 ?? range of opacity 0 to 1 or 0 to 100?? Tried all of these and nothing works. Text in my keyword box is google, blue
- (2019-08-01) Absolutely brilliant!
- (2019-06-20) Bernard Jugannière: Great extensions ! It would be perfect with coloration also on tabs ! When debugging, several tabs are opened and I am usually looking for the right tab.. Greatings!
- (2018-10-15) btk bells: I have this installed in 5 browsers now. It's fantastic!
- (2018-10-15) Charles M: This is an amazing extension. I have been looking for something like this for years. I don't know how many times I have endlessly refreshed a page, looking for my changes, only to realize that I'm on the live site. Thank you for making this!
- (2018-08-20) Jonathan: Works great
- (2017-07-26) Sheldon Botha: Awesome app, works well, would be curious if there are any plans to include literal matching/regex or wildcards (eg *.domain.com) for environments that are using sub-domains. Eg: site.dev.domain.com (Dev) site.test.domain.com (Test) site.domain.com (Production) The above with the basic match this does would allow to match on: test.domain.com and dev.domain.com, but because prod is using the same domain, this would override the .dev and .test subdomains.
- (2017-07-13) Josue Rodriguez: So awesome, works like a charm! I always did this via CSS but this helps avoid that now. Thanks for doing this extension :)
- (2017-07-10) Stephen Saunders: This is super helpful for multiple environments and ensuring I don't mess things up