Dropdown bookmarks bar with numerous options and customization.
Fluid Bookmarks adds a drop-down bookmarks bar to Google Chrome. On install, hide your permanent bookmarks bar for the best experience. __________________________________ FEATURES: Bookmarks open in new tab on left click. Right click allows: * Open in current tab * Open in new window * Open in incognito window * Edit bookmark * Move bookmark * Copy url * Delete bookmark Bookmarks bar is fully customizable to meet all of your needs: * Change the background color * Change the text color * Change the border color * Change the bookmark hover color * Change the font size * Choose between bookmark names only, bookmark icons only, or both * Choose how long your mouse must stay in the address bar area for the bookmarks bar to drop down. Supported on both Windows and Mac! Worried about installing? Don't be! Fluid Bookmarks will not affect your normal bookmarks bar. Installing will not corrupt your bookmarks. Note: Bookmarks bar will not drop-down in the chrome web store or new tab pages. Let me know if you run into any issues; I'm more than happy to help. __________________________________ If you enjoy this extension, please let others know about your experience! Thank you for your support! --------- Version 1.0 Fluid Bookmarks replaced New Tab Bookmarks ---------
- (2020-02-17) Ron Coyne: Liked it a lot and was working perfectly...until I installed JustBlock Security. After that, the bookmark bar would only work sporadically, and when it did, it showed a black bar... and no bookmarks. Could't isolate which setting within the extension was causing the issue. I uninstalled JustBlock, since I dig Fluid so much. Any idea which setting within an extension like JustBlock might be causing a conflict? Would be willing to up my rating to five stars if this can be resolved... would give this 4 1/2 stars if I could, but would really like to have JustBlock installed, since it provides so much protection...
- (2020-01-24) Mark Yorkovich: No Folders?? Really?? I've got literally hundreds of bookmarks in Chrome. With no folders, it's a mess - a huge string of individual bookmarks - and it's way too cumbersome and time-consuming to search every time I want to open a bookmark. Good start, but I'm going to uninstall it for now, as it's pretty much useless for me.
- (2019-06-05) ys ys: The extension has still some bugs one I found is that if you have 2 windows opened at the same time the extension bugs out and if it drops down on a window it hides in the other one, for now it's only working on chrome I tried using it with edge chromium but as of now the extension doen't load the favorites and for last it would be nice if the right click menu would just be like a normal windows one and lastly it lacks an option to open the favorite in a tab
- (2019-04-26) Brad Mason: So far so...EASY! Would also like it to be able to modify bookmarks pushed by GSuite...not sure if that can happen though.
- (2019-04-21) Gary Quiring: It's a good start. But a few issues. I would like to see an option to leave your bookmarks bar always on. I found it on occasion does not pop open the bookmarks bar depending on how you move the mouse around on the URL line. It seems to get confused forcing you to move the mouse below the bar and back up to get the bookmarks to appear. Next I like to have folders on my bookmarks bar, I see this tool ignores the folders. Also an option to control the spacing between the icons would be helpful.
- (2019-03-11) Dave Hagger: Early stages but this is something that has been asked for FOR YEARS!!! Kudos to you for finally making this happen and really hope this becomes the norm! Well done!
- (2019-02-28) Sammo H: Just doesn't work at all. Freezes up, won't save settings and will not open bookmarks.
- (2019-01-11) АВТОР ГЕНИЙ, ГУГЛ ДОЛБОЁБЫ НЕ МОГУТ ДОБАВИТЬ ТАКУЮ МЕЛОЧЬ КАК ОТКРЫТИЕ ЗАКЛАДОК В НОВОЙ ВКЛАДКЕ, В ЛИСЕ ВСЁ ЕСТЬ.
- (2018-11-27) Sydney Rae: I have been thoroughly gruntled with the functionality of this extension. Who knew I could regain efficiency to the endless bookmarks I have. You see, I have short and long term memory loss so using bookmarks helps me find the sites I have used before. Well, I have so many bookmarks that it took eleventy clicks to find what I was looking for and at times I would forget what I was looking for before I found. You see, I have short term memory loss. Where am I?
- (2018-09-29) Ari Bendavid: EXACTLY what I have been needing. Now I can leave Vivaldi and return to Chrome like I wanted. Thanks so much for this addon!
- (2018-07-28) Ahmet: At last someone did this.Please add favicon support.
- (2018-05-24) Marty Peterson: FREAKING FANTASTIC!!!!! found your answer on superuser.com, I cannot believe it took so long for someone to write this simple extension. you sir are the hero we all need but don't deserve.
- (2020-07-11, v:1.0) WeDoJudgments: Is that how your extension is supposed to work?
- (2020-07-08, v:1.0) John Phillips: permenant
Is there a way to make it visible all the time
- (2020-02-17, v:1.0) Ron Coyne: Does Not Work with the JustBlock Antivirus Extension
Bookmark Bar appeared sporadically with JustBlock installed, and when it did, it displayed no bookmarks... just a black bar. Could not isolate which function within JustBlock (assuming there is one; JB does so much) that caused FB not to work.
- (2020-01-08, v:1.0) Greg McGonigal: Worked...not it's not...also, no folder support
I installed it. It worked. Now it doesn't. I see the icon at the top...so it's installed but mousing into the address bar does nothing. Also before it quit working, it does not appear to support folders. I have folders set up in my bookmarks bar so I can categorize. The folders do not show in your application.....only individual website. Fix that and I'll be a fan
- (2020-01-03, v:1.0) Debra Weeks: Making Font Size Larger
Hi, I'd like to make the font size larger and while I increase the font size in your extension, it doesn't increase the size. what I notice, is there is another bar added beneath the tool bar and bookmarks are appearing there in alphabetical order. so i'm a bit confused. Also what does a "hover" color mean?
- (2019-10-17, v:1.0) Richard Hyman: options
no place to edit options. with bookmarks appearing at left edge with mouse hovering, can't get to a radio button on the far left of the page.
- (2019-10-08, v:1.0) 10yand5hand400t: No bookmarks showing
This sounds like what we've been looking for, especially being able to have bookmarks in the bookmarks toolbar open to a new tab with a simple, one click, left click, but after install, the bar drops and shows, but not a single bookmark showing, why? How do you get it to recognize and show the current bookmarks? Thanks
- (2019-09-22, v:1.0) Aaron J: doesn't work
the bookmarks don't dropdown if "Always show bookmarks" is not selected. The bookmarks never hide if "Always show bookmarks" is selected. Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit) OSX 10.12.6
- (2019-05-23, v:1.0) NetSpeedz: Bookmark Structure
It appears that Fluid Bookmarks does not match the folder structure created in Chrome bookmarks, i.e., extension lists every single bookmark without any of the folders the bookmarks are stored in. Is there a setting somewhere that will match the structure already established?
- (2019-05-12, v:1.0) Schwarz Kater: Not working in Chrome
Hi KFlunker, I searched for years to find a plugin that does the automatic hiding of the bookmark bar. Sadly it doesn't seam to work for me in Chrome 74.0.3729.131 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit). I can get the bar to open when I click on the options button left of the URL but that's about it, nothing more. I read in another comment from January that you're working on a completely new way that's less of a hack. Please please please keep on working on it and release it. I would love you for making the bookmark bar finally be auto hide. Thanks!
- (2019-04-25, v:1.0) Quentin Packard: Not working on chromebook
Chrome v 73 Asus Chromebook C302CA The black bar drops down but I can do nothing with it. It contains no bookmarks, I cannot add any bookmarks to it. Right-click, left-click, dragging: Nada. Clicking on the Unlock Toolbar message does nothing. Am I missing something?
- (2019-03-24, v:1.0) Dave Hagger: Love this extension
Hi there, I love this app as Ive been looking fora auto-hide bookmarks bar for ages! A few things of note, is there anyway to get the logos on the left-hand side instead of the right? After years of using them on the left on the standard bookmarks bar its hard to re-shift. I'm aware chrome made it not possible to do this but is there any way whatsover to use this awesome extension on the new-tab page?? Any suggestion here would be great. Thanks so much for your help!
- (2019-03-12, v:1.0) Dave Hagger: Show in new tab page
Hi - is there any chance we can get this in the new tab page - I know that chrome makes it so you can't write extensions to this page - is there any way at all one can change this in the code - does anyone know this?
- (2018-08-08, v:0.0.0.3) Luke Sturgess: Bookmarks
The extension does not show the icons on the bookmarks bar. Please fix. Thank you.
- (2018-07-28, v:0.0.0.3) Beichuan Yan: work for direct bookmark but not ones in folders
Fabulous work! I tested it with Chrome 67.0.3396.99 (64-bit) on Windows 10 64bit: the direct bookmarks open in new tabs, but those in folders or deeper folders do not. Can you please work on this issue? I believe many users are waiting for this extension! Thank you.