Lets you quickly switch the browser locale to test localization on your website.
🌏 Locale Switcher Browser Extension to quickly change your browser locale. ❓ What does it do? When a locale chosen the following thinks will be adjusted: navigator.language navigator.languages Accept-Language headers ✨ Features Chrome & Firefox Support for 700+ languages and variations Per tab basis Favorite your most used locales Fully shortcut enabled, no mouse needed (Windows: Ctrl+Shift+L / Mac: Cmd+Shift+L) Questions or feedback? Please email us at [email protected] or open an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/locale-switcher/locale-switcher.
- (2022-11-07) Davis Shepherd: You should use the extension 'Vytal' instead of this one. Much more effective at spoofing locales
- (2022-10-20) Eric Johnson: unfortunately, the extension doesn't seem to work as of the time of this review. when i select a new locale, it refreshes the page, but nothing changes.
- (2022-10-20) Dawid Moskalczuk: Not working, just funny icon nothing else, no changes on page
- (2022-10-07) Muhammad Rauf Qureshi: You are the real MVP !!
- (2022-09-24) noname noname: The best!
- (2022-07-27) Anthony Blears: This plugin works well. I get what others are saying about the UI and time it takes to load, but it does the job and only takes a few seconds. Thanks for taking the time to make this.
- (2022-07-12) P R: Did not work. There is nowhere to indicate which locale to change.
- (2022-02-03) Unfortunately, hardly unusable after the update. It takes at least 2 seconds to open up. The new visuals are kind of appealing, but I somehow have a harder time finding the buttons that I am looking for.
- (2022-01-28) Michael Cooper: Nice work!!!But can it remain a language for a long time? Much needed, thank you!
- (2022-01-17) Stephan Mayer: I've been happily using the locale switcher since long to quickly set the browser to a different language for development, testing or demo purposes. However, this new version renders this fine tool pretty much useless. First of all, language switching is sometimes not working with this version. The old version, as soon as you selected a different language, immediately refreshed the page, reliably. Not this one. It sometimes just does not do anything, so you need to hit "F5" to actually force a reload of the page. Also it seems to get confused with the languages at times, for example loading French but displaying German on the icon when you switch back and forth a lot. Just because one user wanted to have it per tab and not globally, you now need to select the language over and over again. Well, there is a reason why the language setting in the browser is global - it does not make a lot of sense to have it per tab (except for a few very specific use cases). I agree there are some really nice new features in this new version (like keyboard shortcuts or favorites), but having it per tab is probably not what most users want. While this was certainly done with best attempt, PLEASE restore the original functionality to allow language setting to be global again (should be default) and make "per tab" an optional setting. Another flaw is the UI - I really do not get what the topmost switch control is supposed to switch on or off, and there is no explanation or tooltip. When you turn the switch on, it allows you select more than one language, but as soon as you click any of your carefully crafted and ordered languages, the list is all gone again?! If you want to allow for more than one language (falllback sequence), I'd recommend to allow users to create their own language profiles, that can then be selected like any language, but consist of a sequence of languages. I sincerely hope these flaws and issues will be resolved soon, so the tool becomes again what it was: the most popular and easy-to use locale switcher plugin for Chrome. Meanwhile, what about making the old version available again as "locale switcher classic" for all the people that are missing the global feature?
- (2022-01-17) Petuhovsky Piotr: Could you please fix warning in console: DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://kngfjpghaokedippaapkfihdlmmlafcc/src/content/index.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
- (2022-01-13) Fernando Carmona: Great extension, but the new version does not apply the switch to all tabs and it resets itself each time the browser (Chrome in my case) starts up. It was fine before....
- (2022-01-13) David Pérez: The new version lost the capability to add global value for all tabs. Is a huge lost, hoping the developer adds again the functionality.
- (2022-01-13) Andreas Wyss: A very helpful extension. I liked the previous UI better, so maybe a future release could be cleaner again.
- (2022-01-05) 한수영: It's great! It would be better if there was an "Favorite setting" function.
- (2021-10-25) Justin: Just works!
- (2021-10-12) Matthieu Desprez: Works like a charm, thanks
- (2021-07-15) David Hess: doesnt work. i click on engish -> page stays german
- (2021-04-26) José Antonio N.: A lifesaver extension.
- (2021-03-22) Jonathan Griffith: Huge time-saver. Thank you! Easy to use and continues to be updated.
- (2021-03-18) Mati Hooti: Works as intended. Just a small thing I'm a little picky about: names of some of the locales. For example, mk-MK and sq-MK should probably be "Macedonian (North Macedonia)" and "Albanian (North Macedonia)" respectively, instead of "Macedonian/Albanian (Macedonia)". See: Macedonia's name change in 2019. Also, since you're using short names for countries, cs-CZ should probably be "Czech (Czechia)" instead of "Czech (Czech Republic)".
- (2021-03-13) Ryota Yamamoto: Very useful to develop i18n. Thank you.
- (2021-02-11) J: Works without any issues
- (2021-02-08) colnago: works great
- (2021-01-27) Marcel Batista: It doesn't seem to work for me. I'm trying to simulate using this sample: https://www.w3schools.com/code/tryit.asp?filename=GN3XU1CCCRI1 chrome Version 87.0.4280.141
- (2020-11-29) K. Dreißig: i want to test what happens if the "accept_language_header" is empty... is there any possibility to do this with this addon? Although thanks for your good work!
- (2020-11-27) Charles Bennettes: It works perfectly! Thank you! All languages works on all sites.
- (2020-03-26) Nick Gilbert: Seems to work well! I would be great though if you could customise which languages appear by default. Most people will only need 2 or 3 and the one I want to select most often isn't on the default list.
- (2020-03-19) Tomasz Główka: Stable and neat plugin. Great!
- (2020-02-27) Vamsi: Simple and easy. Makes your life easy if you need to develop/test international or Locale issues.
- (2020-01-24) Renaud Metrich: Would be nice to be able to remove some of the predefined languages (basically I just want to switch between en, fr and de.
- (2020-01-16) Honore Gepluimd: Werkt uitstekend.
- (2019-12-04) 高执: it works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2019-11-19) Roman Strijac: Really helpful extension. You don't need to restart whole browser to test the page.
- (2019-11-07) Eiji Kawahara: It works. Thank you! This extension helps my web development.
- (2019-11-07) Fabi Illner: Perfect! Only Extensions that worked for me! Thanks!
- (2019-10-28) Carlo Ledesma: Works!
- (2019-10-01) Belua: Works Perfectly ! Thank you for this tool.
- (2019-08-24) Tony Montana: It works! (2019-08-24)
- (2019-06-13) Jana Rhyu: Thank goodness! This is easy to use, fast, works well! I was using an old language switcher which broke after a Chrome update. Glad to have found this one!
- (2019-06-11) Russell Zhang: Nice work. It helps me a lot.
- (2019-05-20) Nathan Lange: Works great. Thanks!
- (2019-04-15) Roy: This language spoofer seems to be the only one still working with the newest chrome update.
- (2019-04-10) Edoardo Liverani: Doesn't seems to change navigator.language as stated in the description.
- (2019-04-09) Hakula Chen: It works :)
- (2019-03-07) Crystal Peach: Simple to use, search is handy and usable, and two-letter locale codes work as expected. However, extended locale variants use _ (underscore) instead of - (dash), which don't quite simulate specific locales. As per mozilla's documentation on HTTP Headers (Accept-Language), - (dash) should be used.
- (2022-11-22, v:1.2.4) Azeema Ali: Localhost
How do i get this extension to work on localhost?
- (2022-08-15, v:1.2.3) James Gommel: Not Seeing Norway (no-NO)
I test 30 different locales for Ben & Jerry's. The only one I'm not seeing in the list no-NO for Norway. I don't see an option to add my own (unless I missed something). If I can't add it, are you able to add no-NO for Norway? Thanks for a great application.
- (2022-07-25, v:1.2.3) Kevin M: Shortcut conflict with "align left" format in editor
Hello, Thank you for your great work on this extension. The shortcut "Shift + Ctrl + L" is often used to format text and align left in word processors (e.g Google Doc, wysiwyg editors) Do you think you could add a "disable shortcut" (or implement a custom shortcut feature) to avoid conflict with that shortcut ? Have a nice day, Kevin
- (2022-03-30, v:1.2.3) Steven (Steven): Option to permanently change Locale for all Tabs opened in Browser (Globally)
Option to change Locale for all Tabs opened in Browser (Globally)
- (2022-01-11, v:1.0.0) Pierre Matar: local switcher not working fine
we had locale switcher version0.1.1 and it was working fine , now using this update it is not working fine . is there any way to have version 0.1.1 back ? we have an hrms application and we are currently using the local switcher in arabic lebanon to translate the app to arabic . please help.
- (2022-01-11, v:1.0.0) Pierre Matar: local switcher not working fine
we had locale switcher version0.1.1 and it was working fine , now using this update it is not working fine . is there any way to have version 0.1.1 back ? we have an hrms application and we are currenclty using the local switcher in arabic lebanon to translate the app to arabic . please help.
- (2021-11-09, v:0.1.1) Harish Dabade: Locale switcher is not working
Locale switcher is not working when integrated unqork. and for security reasons not able to share the screenshots. Please help
- (2019-12-31, v:0.1.1) Alexander Popov (AlexWayfer): Tab-specific language
Hello! I don't want to switch my language globally, I can do it with OS settings. I just want to temporary change language for specific tabs, requests. Thanks.
- (2019-06-13, v:0.1.1) Jana Rhyu: Ability to customize a short list of favorite or recently used languages
I really like your extension - thanks! One suggestion: a previous language switcher extension I used had a feature where you could customize the list of languages that you saw. I don't really need the ability to fully customize the list, but it would be really useful to have the list of favorites or recently used languages at the top of the list, that way it would be even easier to switch between them. We support 7 languages currently in our product, so being able to flip between those 7 (versus searching each time) would be great!
- (2019-03-13, v:0.1.0) extended locale variants use _ (underscore) instead of - (dash)
Hi, Is it possible to use - (dash) instead of _ (underscore) for extended locale variants? E.g. fr-ca instead of fr_ca. Someone else had the same suggestion in the reviews. Thanks, Nathan