Lets you quickly switch the browser locale to test localization on your website.
A tool for web developers testing localization on their websites. Quickly switch the following browser values: • navigator.language • navigator.languages • Accept-Language header in network requests Supports over 500 locales from around the world. # Permissions • Requires access to all web traffic as it changes the Accept-Language header. • Requires access to all tabs as locale changes persist across tabs (not just the active tab). Questions or feedback? Please open an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/athyuttamre/locale-switcher.
- (2021-07-15) David Hess: doesnt work. i click on engish -> page stays german
- (2021-04-26) José Antonio N.: A lifesaver extension.
- (2021-03-22) Jonathan Griffith: Huge time-saver. Thank you! Easy to use and continues to be updated.
- (2021-03-18) Mati Hooti: Works as intended. Just a small thing I'm a little picky about: names of some of the locales. For example, mk-MK and sq-MK should probably be "Macedonian (North Macedonia)" and "Albanian (North Macedonia)" respectively, instead of "Macedonian/Albanian (Macedonia)". See: Macedonia's name change in 2019. Also, since you're using short names for countries, cs-CZ should probably be "Czech (Czechia)" instead of "Czech (Czech Republic)".
- (2021-03-13) Ryota Yamamoto: Very useful to develop i18n. Thank you.
- (2021-02-11) Jedrzej Lewandowski: Works without any issues
- (2021-02-08) colnago: works great
- (2021-01-27) Marcel Batista: It doesn't seem to work for me. I'm trying to simulate using this sample: https://www.w3schools.com/code/tryit.asp?filename=GN3XU1CCCRI1 chrome Version 87.0.4280.141
- (2020-11-29) K. Dreißig: i want to test what happens if the "accept_language_header" is empty... is there any possibility to do this with this addon? Although thanks for your good work!
- (2020-11-27) Charles Bennettes: It works perfectly! Thank you! All languages works on all sites.
- (2020-03-26) Nick Gilbert: Seems to work well! I would be great though if you could customise which languages appear by default. Most people will only need 2 or 3 and the one I want to select most often isn't on the default list.
- (2020-03-19) Tomasz Główka: Stable and neat plugin. Great!
- (2020-02-27) Vamsi: Simple and easy. Makes your life easy if you need to develop/test international or Locale issues.
- (2020-01-24) Renaud Metrich: Would be nice to be able to remove some of the predefined languages (basically I just want to switch between en, fr and de.
- (2020-01-16) Honore Gepluimd: Werkt uitstekend.
- (2019-12-04) 高执: it works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2019-11-19) Roman Strijac: Really helpful extension. You don't need to restart whole browser to test the page.
- (2019-11-07) Eiji Kawahara: It works. Thank you! This extension helps my web development.
- (2019-11-07) Fabi Illner: Perfect! Only Extensions that worked for me! Thanks!
- (2019-10-28) Carlo Ledesma: Works!
- (2019-10-01) Belua: Works Perfectly ! Thank you for this tool.
- (2019-08-24) Tony Montana: It works! (2019-08-24)
- (2019-06-13) Jana Rhyu: Thank goodness! This is easy to use, fast, works well! I was using an old language switcher which broke after a Chrome update. Glad to have found this one!
- (2019-06-11) Russell Zhang: Nice work. It helps me a lot.
- (2019-05-20) Nathan Lange: Works great. Thanks!
- (2019-04-15) Roy: This language spoofer seems to be the only one still working with the newest chrome update.
- (2019-04-10) Edoardo Liverani: Doesn't seems to change navigator.language as stated in the description.
- (2019-04-09) Hakula Chen: It works :)
- (2019-03-07) Crystal Peach: Simple to use, search is handy and usable, and two-letter locale codes work as expected. However, extended locale variants use _ (underscore) instead of - (dash), which don't quite simulate specific locales. As per mozilla's documentation on HTTP Headers (Accept-Language), - (dash) should be used.
- (2019-12-31, v:0.1.1) Alexander Popov: Tab-specific language
Hello! I don't want to switch my language globally, I can do it with OS settings. I just want to temporary change language for specific tabs, requests. Thanks.
- (2019-06-13, v:0.1.1) Jana Rhyu: Ability to customize a short list of favorite or recently used languages
I really like your extension - thanks! One suggestion: a previous language switcher extension I used had a feature where you could customize the list of languages that you saw. I don't really need the ability to fully customize the list, but it would be really useful to have the list of favorites or recently used languages at the top of the list, that way it would be even easier to switch between them. We support 7 languages currently in our product, so being able to flip between those 7 (versus searching each time) would be great!
- (2019-03-13, v:0.1.0) extended locale variants use _ (underscore) instead of - (dash)
Hi, Is it possible to use - (dash) instead of _ (underscore) for extended locale variants? E.g. fr-ca instead of fr_ca. Someone else had the same suggestion in the reviews. Thanks, Nathan