This extension shows a button on Github issue pages that can be used to clone github issues across repositories
Kamino is a Chrome extension that is used to clone Github issues from one repository to another. Go to an issue page and click "Clone issue to", choose a new repository and the original item will be closed and cloned to the new repository you have chosen. This tool is very handy for feedback repositories whose issues need to be distributed to the actual project repository. For detailed instructions and info on updates, please visit https://github.com/gatewayapps/kamino and view the ReadMe file. kamino v2.10.1 - bug fix - fixed an issue in which new versions of Chrome browser caused the kamino backdrop to render on top of the Kamino modal Release generated by Parcel(https://parcelapp.io)
- (2020-01-24) Jay Mahendru: Great extension, thanks for creating! Two questions: 1) Is it possible not to leave a comment when you clone the issue ("Kaniko has cloned this issue to blah")? 2) Can you star repos so that in the Clone to dialog they are pre-populated instead of having to search for them everytime?
- (2019-09-04) This is a super useful and accessible extension! I was able to clone issues across organizations and even to private repos I am a member of. It saved me a lot of time and is a more elegant solution than copying manually.
- (2019-03-28) Hung Vu: Good extension.
- (2018-10-25) Ben Haynes: A useful tool for copying the title, labels, and original message to a new repo. I would make two recommendations: 1. There should be an option to copy over an issue's comments too. 90% of our info is in the comments, and it makes it impossible to "continue" a dialog if you always have to link back to the original ticket to see context. Comments could either get added as actual comments, or (if that's not possible) using some syntax in the main message. eg: delineated by a markdown HR, commenter's username, and datetime commented: ``` ---- @[commenter's name] – 2018-01-01 12:00:00 ``` 2. The only other option would be @mention each user (original and from comments) so they are added to the participants list and get updates on the new ticket. A great tool, and if the above two features were added this would be pretty much perfect! Thank you John!
- (2017-08-02) Michał Szewczak: Awesome! Works great.
- (2017-04-10) Brandon McNew: This extension really helped me setup a nice feedback option in my applications! Just send the issues to an empty repo and clone it to the repos I need. Very simple and excellent extension! Well done!
- (2017-04-10) Justin Neff: This is exactly what I've been looking for to manage moving issues between repos. Awesome! Thanks!
- (2017-04-06) Daniel Gary: Works great! Makes cloning issues between repos a breeze. Thanks!
- (2018-05-30, v:2.9.1) Ross Cadogan: GitHub Enterprise support
Could this plugin be extended to work on and across GitHub Enterprise instances other than github.com? My organisation has deployed more than one GitHub instance and I would like to migrate issues between repos on each.