Encodes and decodes media to and from Base64.
Base64 Encoder/Decoder Extension Description This is a browser extension that encodes and decodes media to and from Base64. It was created to help developers who want to use Base64 data strings instead of image or audio files, but the user interface is simple enough for anyone to use. Don't worry! This also supports encoding and decoding text strings. It is much faster and more convenient to use this extension rather than uploading your local files to a server for processing. **Please note** 1. This project is limited to converting media supported by the Base64 standard 2. Large files will take several seconds to process 3. This extension stores data in the following way: - It saves the last entered base64 string so the user does not need to re-enter it when the extension opens back up - The string is stored on the **user's computer** using the chrome.storage API Features Overview - Select a file from your computer and encode it to a Base 64 string - Previews supported files - Convert a Base 64 string to the correct file type - Download the file in any format Supported File Types This extension supports converting the following file types (several examples listed): - Images - png - jpeg - gif - bmp - tiff (can't be displayed) - ico - svg - Audio - mpeg (mp3) - ogg - wav - Text - txt - html - css - js - py - cpp - java Features in Depth: - Can select file from computer - Auto detects file type and converts - Copy button so user doesn't have to Ctrl+A Ctrl+C - Converts to image/audio/text - Auto detects Base64 header and inserts correct one if lacking - Download option in correct or user defined file format - Clean look - Simple user interface Download You can download the latest source code here https://github.com/dandeto/Base-64-Extension/releases Found a Bug? Is there a file type I missed? Please report it in the [issues](https://github.com/dandeto/Base-64-Extension/issues) section and give it a relevant tag.
- (2021-04-17) Tanvir Ahmed: does not work.
- (2020-03-29) James Koss: Excellent work by the author. It's open-source, so I modified it to just be a simple base64 text converter with a bit more automation for my liking. Review the README and code here if you want: https://github.com/phuein/Base-64-Extension
- (2018-01-21) Stephen S: Really good. It works well, and I tried some other ones too. This one is definitely the most visually appealing out of all of them plus it has great functionality.
- (2018-01-21) W H: Works perfectly! Great dev who really cares about making the best extensions! Five stars and two enthusiastic thumbs up!
- (2021-06-24, v:1.2.2) Dave B: the converted .mp3 file could not be played locally, so weired.
Hi, I can't make this base64 code converted to the correct file. Please fix this bug. File here download: https://www79.zippyshare.com/v/WsVl0dxM/file.html Thanks