A lightweight Nightmode theme for Facebook Messenger
⚠️IMPORTANT⚠️ THIS EXTENSION ONLY WORKS ON messenger.com NOT DIRECTLY THROUGH FACEBOOK. Please do not leave inaccurate reviews if you are not using the correct site. A simple, lightweight Chrome extension that enables a nightmode theme for Facebook's Messenger. This is a small side project that I am working on to provide a long-requested feature for Facebook's Messenger. If you notice any issues or would like to request features, please feel free to do so! Update Notes: Version 0.0.4.3 - Updated scroll bar to match dark mode theme within conversations (thanks Josh) Version 0.0.4.2 - Updated some overrides not working (search panel, emoji search panel, etc.) Version 0.0.4.1 - Fixed some icons not inverting colour (e.g. "Search in Conversation", Windows Messenger App icon) Version 0.0.4.0 - Added full nightmode support for Messenger redesign - Note: If Facebook is aiming to transition everyone to the redesign, I will shift towards releasing updates only for the new version of Messenger. The extension will still be backwards compatible with the old version of Messenger, unless it causes issues. Version 0.0.3.2 - Removed bug with clicking popup showing an error message. Version 0.0.3.1 - Updated permissions to minimal level for store policy update compliance. Version 0.0.3.0 - Fixed colouring for names in group chats and in search - Added new preview screenshots Version 0.0.2.9 - Fixed colouring for event invitations and reminders Version 0.0.2.8 - Hotfix for replies background styling Version 0.0.2.7 - Updated tooltip colour for message box Version 0.0.2.6 - Update to match Facebook's Messenger facelift (sorry about the delay, just received the update myself!) - Updated colours on names, icons, reaction backgrounds, and menus - Fixed border issues and improved hover colours to be clearer in nightmode Version 0.0.2.5 - Hotfix to received link embed text colour Version 0.0.2.4 - Visibility update to mentions and links - Updated search titles/headers - Fixed single emoji messages (removed chat bubble background) - Minor updates to vertical and horizontal dividers - Backend cleanup (removed nonfunctional popup feature - still in development) Version 0.0.2.3 - Hotfix for reply feature - Link embeds visual update - Dividers in main chat window and "Shared Photos" improved Version 0.0.2.2 - Improved differentiation between read and unread messages for visibility - Support for Messenger's new "reply" feature - Viewing images enhanced with translucent background - Image preview grid colour updated - Mini-menus (e.g. games, GIF, stickers, etc.) have been updated to support night mode - Link embeds and previews improved Special thanks to Marko and Martin
- (2021-07-22) Matt Bourque: This is exactly what I was after... Doesn't block images; works only on messenger.com by default; looks great; fantastic.
- (2021-06-19) Tony Franco: Can't believe how long I've gone without this! This is an incredible find. Everything always needs to have a night mode.
- (2021-06-19) S B: I love it! It's easy on the eyes.
- (2021-06-19) Desmond Trang: Amazing UI and very clean look, wish I found out about this sooner!
- (2021-06-19) Josh Baltar: Absolutely an amazing add on and easy on the eyes :) I requested a dark scroll bar as well and the developer was able to update it very quickly. An must have if you value your eyes!!
- (2021-02-26) Richard De A'Morelli: Love this extension. It brings back the look of the Old FB Messenger, with the right sidebar showing the profile of the person you are currently chatting with, your Shared Photos, Shared Files, etc. All of that seems to be missing in the latest version of the official FB Messenger, which is quite annoying. I hope this app continues to support those features. One suggestion. It would be nice if the Notification ding was silent when NightMode Messenger is the active window on one's desktop. The ding is very helpful when I am working on another virtual desktop and I want to be alerted of a new message. But it's annoying when I'm in the DM Messenger window typing back and forth and it dings after every text arrives. Maybe it can't be changed, or maybe I've messed up a setting that could be fixed, and if so, someone please let me know! Great work on this app!!! I was ready to give up entirely on FB and go to Telegram, so I found this just in time. Thanks!
- (2021-02-08) Noah Schmitz: Awesome! Finally can use messenger.com again!
- (2021-01-24) François Lannoy: Very nice darkmode for messenger.com :)
- (2020-12-09) h mhmmm: idk if this is a virus but idc
- (2020-11-11) Lucas Bambao: Good, it's a good dark mode. But my texts font color shows up as black, and I personally don't want that.
- (2020-02-22) Amber Gilley: Doesn't work for me.
- (2019-09-23) Ángel López: no funciona :(
- (2019-03-24) It works flawlessly with my messenger! Really comforts my eyes when I'm on messenger in a dark room. Recommend this for everyone