The official chrome extension for Pinboard, the minimalist bookmarking site. Lets you save bookmarks and tab sets easily from Chrome
Official extension for Pinboard, the beloved personal archive and bookmarking website. This is a fairly minimal extension that lets you save bookmarks and tab sets (a quick way to save browser state if you have a ton of open tabs), and provides convenience shortcuts to your Pinboard account.
- (2020-06-30) Dula Abdu: No support and it's flaky. I am not going to renew
- (2019-11-01) Mike Rogers: Broken in Chrome 79. Prompts for login when attempting to bookmark when already logged in.
- (2019-10-04) Alexander Hammer: Nice and simple to use. Two issues: It does not close when a bookmark is saved AND it does not indicate if the site is already saved, for example by showing a blue needle.
- (2019-08-22) its4fjm: What a relief to find this... however I agree seeing that blank page after the first save was disconcerting.
- (2019-08-04) John Brady: This extension works great on the whole. (In fact I probably wouldn't be able to use PinBoard without it, since I could never figure out PinBoard's own instructions for saving pages.) As many users have noted, when an article is saved, a blank pop-up window remains, an obvious and annoying bug. Other than that, no complaints.
- (2018-04-13) Thomas: Has become very slow, previously has been working for years. Now when clicking save, it will take 3-10 seconds to load the next interface where I can enter info about a pin. Aside from recent slowness this is 5 stars.
- (2018-04-04) Ed Cardinal: Exactly what I need, functional (if not "pretty").
- (2017-08-23) Raman Gupta: Same as other reviewers: works but the post-save blank page definitely doesn't give one a sense of "Yes, my link just saved correctly".
- (2017-08-14) Kirk True: I'll echo the other reviewers. It works perfectly fine, but the blank page after the save is unintuitive and I sometimes feel impelled to go check to ensure it was actually saved. Pretty amazing that it hasn't been updated in ~6 years though and still works as advertised.
- (2017-02-28) Lucas Nicodemus: Seriously, fix the bug that causes the popup not to close when a bookmark is saved. Ffs.
- (2016-03-15) Works fine. Kinda ugly. It's annoying that the popup doesn't close when the bookmark is saved.
- (2015-09-15) Kai Carver: I use "Save tab set" for a little help in handling the out-of-control overpopulation of tabs that reflects my disorganized mind always veering dangerously close to a breakdown. It's also handy to find a tab when I have 50 tabs open in 7 windows.
- (2015-09-11) Alexandra Spillane: I like it so far, but the empty white box it leaves behind after saving a new bookmark is super annoying. I'd also like the ability to Cmd+click (or similar) to automatically open the "Save to Pinboard" screen, instead of having to click the icon then click the "Save to Pinboard" menu item.
- (2015-04-06) Simon Morgan: When I click "Save to Pinboard" literally nothing happens. It doesn't even respond to the click.
- (2015-02-05) Laura Chimera: The popup doesn't close automatically :(
- (2014-12-30) Tobias Amend: Doesn't work with Chrome 39.0
- (2014-12-11) Andrei Simionescu: It's OK. Pinboard Plus is better.
- (2014-11-11) Christopher B: Works great for me.
- (2014-10-09) Arnór Bogason: Love the new hi-res icon, thanks!
- (2014-08-16) Michael Murphy: Any chance you can add a hotkey function that opens the add bookmark. I know there's an extension out there but it not the best.
- (2014-02-05) Brian Boatright: I was excited to install this plugin but the "Save to Pinboard" isn't working but "Read Later" does work... not sure why.
- (2014-01-09) Armen Abrahamian: The dropdown from the toolbar button no longer display correctly 90% of the time on Chrome 31 on OS X 10.9.1.
- (2013-12-11) Jeff Welch: Please, PLEASE add a keyboard shortcut to save a page to pinboard!
- (2013-10-10) Patrick Honorez: Good, but: -Does not close after saving bookmark, -Should show (color change ?) whether current page is Pinboarded or not. I really like Pinboard and its Android app, but this Chrome extension (and the other ones I tried) needs some improvements to reach the level of Yagbe (extension for Google bookmarks)
- (2013-10-01) Tamim Swaid: Pretty sad that the extentsion doesn't get so much love. - Popup could be configurable (Direct Tagging without the need for another choice) - After adding the bookmark I still see a white window. Need to click somewhere to close it.