This extension allows you to copy hostname of the current tab to your clipboard.
Chrome in some cases, prepend http:// to the url when you try to copy. I constantly copy URL from the browser to the shell and it makes me crazy. To avoid that, I built this very basic chrome extension to get only the hostname of the current tab. `Alt + C` can be used as a keyboard shortcut to copy the hostname to your clipboard directly. Github: https://github.com/djadmin/copy-host
- (2021-05-03) Jonathon Shippling: If anyone is looking for an extension to replace the old HostCopy chrome extension from the early 2010s, this one can't be beat.
- (2020-07-30) Michael Turner: This is GREAT! I continually have to correct the field in our internal database that contains our clients' websites that is entered by all of our employees. I have to remove the extraneous characters in HTTP://www.blah-blah-blah.com/blah-blah-blah/blah-blah-blah/ so it will look correct in our dealer locator. Now I can get to www.blah-blah-blah.com without having to click and drag to select. Awesome!
- (2019-12-01) giskard lucy: Very good!
- (2017-09-14) Дмитрий Зарубин: Отлично! Необходима возможность переключения по частям URL (схема, логин, пароль, хост, порт, URL-путь, параметры, якорь). ----- Excellent! It is necessary to switch parts of the URL (schema, login, password, host, port, URL path, parameters, anchor).
- (2017-06-12) Abhishek Garg: very useful for copy paste domain without noise.