Copies the current tab's url and title as a rich text link. Useful for pasting in Google Docs
Copies the current page url and title as a rich text link. Useful when you want to refer to a web-page in a document you are writing - with one click on an icon the link gets copied to clipboard so you can later on simply paste it in a google doc or text editor. To copy the link of the current tab click on the extension's icon or use the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+C (Command+Ctrl+C for Mac). In case of using the shortcut this extension will ask for tabs permissions in order to query the current tab's url.
- (2019-04-18) Jeff Baker: This was the only extension that I could find that copies the URL and the Title in Rich Text. I use it to copy and share links quickly in Gmail. Most of the reviewers don't understand what copy as rich text means. The developer may want to post a video or some pictures. The extension works. But it is a little confusing. When I try the keyboard shortcut CTRL+Shift+C then Developer Tools opens up. So I just click the "Copy page link" icon in the toolbar and then I can paste in gmail. Another thing I don't like though is that when I click on the icon it says "Copy page link has requested additional permissions. It could display Notifications." I have to press Deny every time. I don't know why it needs to display notifications.
- (2018-12-14) Kould B: It only copies the page title. Not the URL. The extension's name is "Copy page link" & claims to copy the page link — and that's what it should do. Not something else. I can't stand it when developers treat me like a fool.
- (2017-08-01) It's been two weeks since it stopped working.
- (2017-07-17) Rio Wong: not working properly
- (2017-04-07) Zdeněk Svoboda: OK
- (2017-02-14) Paritosh Shah: Great utility to copy Url + title, saves countless context switches when pasting links.
- (2016-08-30) Lance E Sloan: It only copies the page title, not the URL. I only needed the title anyway, but this extension should do what it says.
- (2017-08-12, v:1.1) James Murdza: Uh-oh
Stopped working, only pastes "undefined".
- (2017-08-01, v:1.1) He's not working.
It's been two weeks since it stopped working.
- (2017-07-17, v:1.1) Rio Wong: url is not copied
Only title is copied
- (2015-12-18, v:1.1) David Rees: Copied in small font
It seems to copy the link in a small font size. Could it possibly copy it without any font size (so when pasting the destination documents font size is used)? Thanks!