Simplifies Gmail interface to the bare minimum
- (2020-01-18) Dave O'Hara: One of my essentials. I still massively miss the simplicity and efficiency of Inbox but Simplify is about as close as I can get for now :(
- (2019-12-20) Tim Lucier: After 2 minutes of using Simplify, I feel more at peace. This is so nice. (Now... if only gmail would bring back Bundles, I'd be at peace.)
- (2019-12-18) Bill Hamway: One of the best Chrome extensions ever. Love how clean it makes my Gmail experience. Thank you for making this!! ❤️
- (2019-12-16) Eric Pullen: I still miss Inbox, but honestly this is really close to the experience I loved about it. Keep up the great work and you have made GMail usable again for me!
- (2019-11-18) Yannick Burky: C'est juste de la grosse balle atomique !! Je ne peux plus utiliser GMAIL sans cette extension. Même si j'avoue avoir modifier le code pour que le fond soit gris plus foncé ;)
- (2019-11-16) Prateek Patil: Thank you <3 The grouping by date is possibly the most important thing that I've missed from Inbox.
- (2019-11-09) Mike Slaats: Because of this plugin I switched back to Gmail.
- (2019-11-09) SaaS Pirate: I can't live without it. So much more clean and efficient than the original Gmail.
- (2019-10-27) 50l3r: Lo instale y ahora no puedo dejar de usarlo. Como adicion estaria genial poder disponer de un modo oscuro. En mi caso combino esta extension con la de Stylish para darle un aspecto oscuro y menos cansado para la vista
- (2019-10-18) Jonathan C: There is only one thing from Inbox that was absolutely crucial to me and I was hoping this extension would have it, but it doesn't. And that's the delineation it made between days. You could easily see what messages are from today because they were separated visually from yesterday and previous days. It's SO HARD for me to use Gmail because there is no delineation between days. The messages all run together and it's impossible to tell what is from today (i.e. more urgent) from what was from yesterday and before without looking at the actual dates. The separation between days (and at a minimum at least between today and yesterday) made it so easy to view at a quick glance how much I needed to respond to right now, and how much was probably already taken care of. Oh and I also always really liked the blue highlight color in Inbox. It was nice to have a little color in the Inbox itself (not just some background color from a theme). I'm so sick of seeing just white and grey... especially the grey!
- (2019-10-09) André Klein: Been having this installed since the demise of inbox. Due to some bug a second again all my extensions weren't loaded and only because of this I came to realize how ugly and anachronistic Gmail's original design really is. I hadn't even noticed because I became so used to SimpliFy. This should be the default.
- (2019-10-03) Andrew Walsh: The extension crashed/didn't load for a moment and I was then reminded of how bad the Gmail interface is without it. My poor eyes are so thankful for the work you do.
- (2019-09-26) Vishrut Arya: Ahhh...very pleased to have found this extension. Unclutters gmail. Breath of fresh air. Thank you!
- (2019-09-10) Tracy Barrett: I can't really review. Added extension. No change. Reboot computer. No change. Check extension options. All good to go. Not sure what's going on, but perhaps I have some incompatible extension running? Or this extension is disabled by its developer? I notice there are no reviews or comments for months.
- (2019-08-30) Faisal Nahri: I just realized the "Normal" font size in outgoing emails is rendered 14px (instead of Gmail's 13px). That makes my own emails so much easier to read without making them clumsy big at Gmail's "Large" 18px setting. I wish we could similarly view incoming emails slightly larger than the usual 10pt/13px. Thanks Michael Leggett. You are adding value to our lives. ;)
- (2019-08-26) Rhys Owen: You beaut. Thank you.
- (2019-08-17) Axel Lenz: EIN TRAUM!!! Habe jetzt die perfekte Kombination gefunden. Simply gmail + inboxish (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylus/clngdbkpkpeebahjckkjfobafhncgmne & https://userstyles.org/styles/167302/inboxish-gmail) EIN TRAUM!!!
- (2019-08-15) Desrina Qiu: A simple and clean gmail. The guy who create this is a hero
- (2019-07-11) Ariel Garza: OMG!!! This makes email soooooo much cleaner. Thanks for this!
- (2019-06-17) David Maciejewski: An important part for me using GMail after the lost of Google Inbox. It's not adding new features, but removes all the clutter – which is perfect. Support is needed because of Gmails changing Markup from time to time, but it's excellent from the makers. Thanks!
- (2019-06-16) Ertuğrul Emiroğlu: Thank you so much for doing this. I still miss Inbox by Gmail and try to find ways to get it back. It fills a bit of the whole that Inbox left. Thank you so much!!!
- (2019-06-14) Terry Perkinson: I'm sick of Gmail. I've used it since about day one of the product and over-engineering just sux. So along comes this extension and I'm (so far) loving Gmail again. I'm a fan of elegant design and ease of use. UI gizmos that someone thinks are useful tend to make my email/calendar web life a lot more complicated than it has to be. A bow of gratitude to the author(s) of this extension. A breath of fresh air.
- (2019-06-13) Konrad Allitt: It's not Inbox, but it's better than GMail.
- (2019-05-28) liam han: It's great thanks but could you please bolden the inbox tabs ? You could hardly see the tabs
- (2019-05-25) Lincon Vidal: Wow, really great work here! Thanks for that!
- (2020-01-14, v:1.7.5) DanSharon Burkhard: Simplifying Gmail
I am trying to help my 96 yr old neighbor get up to speed as a new gmail user (was aol). She just bought a new HP desktop with; window 10 & chrome. Will "Simplify Gmail" help??
- (2019-12-17, v:1.7.2) Mark Reinmiller: Issue w/ Tasks Integration
As of yesterday I am not able to see the Tasks, or Asana icon in the lower right hand quick-links pop-up
- (2019-12-15, v:1.7.1) Marco Hernandez: Tasks
Hi, It appears that in this last version of Simplify Gmail, the icon and option for Tasks are gone. Great extension by the way. Keep the good work.
- (2019-11-05, v:1.7.0) George Kao: Google Ads are showing up again
...is it just in my Simplify or is this happening for other users? Thanks!
- (2019-10-24, v:1.6.3) Vishrut Arya: Composing email forces small text
Actual behavior: Composing with the extension installed defaults the text of my email to be smaller than the otherwise default text size. I confirm the size is smaller than the default: when I click the 'Remove Formatting' button (cmd + \), the text enlarges to the normal default size. Intended behavior: Text size when composing an email should be the default size.
- (2019-10-02, v:1.6.0) Edward Cheslow: inbox
- (2019-06-25, v:1.5.8) Phil Ferrar: Simplify Gmail
Hi - please ignore my earlier question. I've since found out that the issue was to do with Gmail Tabs extension which had somehow stopped. When I clicked on button to re-start it all is working fine again. Cheers Phil
- (2019-06-25, v:1.5.8) Phil Ferrar: Simplify Gmail
Hi I've been using the extension for several months now without any problems. However a couple of days ago I noticed that it was no longer active in my Gmail browser sessions. Today I removed the extension - closed Chrome - re-installed the extension but there is still no sign of it being active. I'm using Cloudready and under Help > About Chrome OS I get ... Your Chrome device is up to date 74.4.58 (Developer Build - neverware) stable-channel chromeover64 Are you aware of any issues ? Cheers Phil
- (2019-06-16, v:1.5.8) Sarah Chamberlain: Great
Great, thanks Michael
- (2019-06-10, v:1.5.8) Faisal Nahri: Interplay of ‘Google Apps’ button and ‘Search’
Currently, when we hover the mouse over the account picture (top right corner), the Google Apps button replaces the search button. Or if the search bar is open, it is made shorter when the Google Apps buttons is visible. I would recommend to uncouple these two. I think it would be aesthetically more pleasing if the Google Apps button doesn't overlap/cut short the Search button/bar. Thanks for the amazing work.
- (2019-06-09, v:1.5.6) n ascentt: Options
I'd very much appreciate some options for this. I very much like the idea of this addon, and when using it I like 90% of the changes. But it does weird things that I don't like, such as moving the search bar which I use 99% of the time I'm in gmail, and for some reason moves the message actions (refresh More etc) to the top left corner, which I wish I could prevent from happening. otherwise this thing is perfect and I hate to not use this addon just for those reasons.
- (2019-06-09, v:1.5.6) fadli wirya wirawan: revision
assalamualaikum broth peramban add ons bermasalah banyak virus malware yang masuk tolong diperbaiki agar pencarian tetap terjaga aman ... terimkasih #noname
- (2019-06-07, v:1.5.6) SANJETHA K S: It doesnt work when it click on Simplify Gmail
It works only when i open gmail and when i click on the extension icon and select Simplify Gmail from the drop down menu then it takes me to the page where i have to select if its for chrome or firefox. After that, it takes me to the page of adding the Simplify to the extensions.