Right-click on shortened URLs to discover where they actually lead to and get their safety rating.
Are you an avid user of Twitter, Digg, or any other service that regularly exposes you to shortened URLs? Have you ever worried that these links may not lead to where they're meant to, and may damage your computer (or sanity!)? Our extension is here to help. Simply right click on any shortened URL, click "Unshorten this link..." and it will show you where the URL leads. Based on our brand-new web service Unshorten.it, we offer several advantages over other services: -Doesn't rely on URL shortener API services, so is far more reliable and will work with nearly all URL shortening services. -Provides a safety rating based on data from WOT and HPHosts to ensure that the site is safe. -Provides a screenshot of the website so you can judge the content for yourself without actually visiting. Notes: -Although the context menu will appear for all URLs, if you try to expand a URL that isn't shortened in any way you will likely hit an error message. -AdF.ly links are incompatible with this service - This is due to the way in which they redirect users and cannot be solved on our end.
- (2022-06-23) Pascal Dk: Doesn't work
- (2021-09-01) Sheep Commander: Works better than the unshorten.link one
- (2019-11-05) Melissa Hind: It was working fine until a few weeks ago. Now I keep getting 502 bad gateway errors when it tries to open the tab so it doesn't work at all now :(
- (2019-08-15) Prisma: Unshorten.It! was ok, most links i tried to shorten took too long to process, if anyone know how to fix it please help me.
- (2017-06-07) dejv: Keeps saying "Please wait", but actually does nothing
- (2017-03-24) Christophe Paquin: It does what it says, but it could be updated to be sure to be compatible with the latest news.
- (2013-12-07) Antonio: Do not work
- (2013-07-29) R. L.: This is the extension I was looking for, works just fine (not like other ext I tried).
- (2013-01-13) Anıl Karaman: İğrenç La Hiç Kullanmayın
- (2012-08-08) Joyce Njambi: just the right extension at the right time when every link on twitter or facebook or other sites is shortened to reduce characters!!