Great tool for easily adjusting the speed of YouTube videos, at YOUR speed, the RIGHT speed.
While watching YouTube videos, you may change the speed of playback via a slider on the left side of the video window. Videos may be sped up to 4 times normal speed, and slowed down to half normal speed. Great for enhancing the detail of difficult technical tutorials, speed-learning, and even cramming for exams. RightSpeed is an essential for the learner's toolbox. Watch lectures at double speed, then switch to slow-motion for the complicated bits. Once you've appreciated the advantages of tuning video to the rate of your auditory perception, it's a feature you will favour, so please rate this extension highly and share it with your friends.
- (2019-12-31) Soar High: I can never watch videos without this anymore. Have been using this for years. I don't understand why more people are not using it. You guys should advertise this as a productivity too.
- (2019-11-26) fetB: says html player status is X.. I haven't used flash in years
- (2018-04-25) Samira Negm: Finally something working fine and on playlists without asking for zillion permissions! Thanks!
- (2018-01-30) John townson: I use this to change the tempo of music on youtube and it works great but I did notice it will cause notes to go up and down in pitch but if play around with it I can get that to stop. The only other noticeable issue is that it covers the drop down menu for the youtube search, otherwise its a great extension.
- (2017-11-23) Ruzal Sitdikov: great!
- (2017-08-30) P: It´s buggy since the new update. (Perhaps the Youtube update)
- (2017-08-10) AtomLily: I used it before, accidently removed it..but the HTML5...can't use it..
- (2017-05-13) Codix: PEEEEEERFECT !
- (2016-07-16) daniel Brown: I use YouTube in Hebrew and everything good problem I replace the English YouTube where the video medium size extension is not listed and I can not change the speed of the video it's important for me please fixable? (Even my browser Hebrew it from right to left and left to right) אני משתמש ביוטיוב בעברית והכל טוב הבעיה שאני מחליף את יוטיוב לאנגלית ושם את הסרטון על גודל בינוני התוסף לא מופיע ואין לי אפשרות לשנות את מהירות הסרטון זה חשוב עבורי בבקשה אפשר לתקן ? ( גם הדפדפן שלי בשפה העברית שזה מימין לשמאל ולא משמאל לימין )
- (2016-05-25) r w: Not working though html5 is functioning. But other Youtube speed control extension works well
- (2016-04-06) Sandeep: Amazing
- (2016-02-13) Рома Гнатенко: Please make a beautiful design! Thank you for a great extension!
- (2015-09-24) Scott Mooij: All video sites should have a ≤4x speed slider for the simple fact that we can listen much faster than we can speak. I'm worried about the permissions required though. Developers, please reconsider them.
- (2015-02-15) Вадим: не могу даже представить Youtube без этого расширения,всегда смотрю видео на скоростях 1.4 - 2.2 от нормального.
- (2014-11-29) Joshua Young: Only reason it doesnt get a 5 is due to lack of scope, great xt :)
- (2014-10-04) Daisy Stanton: Hooray! Slider is *exactly* what I want. This extension is just great!
- (2014-08-31) Jim Lin: Needs keyboard shortcuts and less obtrusive UI. Otherwise it's not much better than YouTube's default way of adjusting speed.
- (2014-07-29) Simon Perry: i cant see the speed option anywhere, update the extension page with a screenshot to show where the speed option is meant to be EDIT: i see it now, it just doesn't play nice with Magic Actions, so if you could update it so both extensions get along better, that would be great
- (2014-07-29) Vjazmetinov Vladimir: экономит время. Особенно радует когда лектор говорит медленно или к видео идет долгое вступление. Можно не проматывать а ставить просмотр на 1.5х
- (2014-05-17) Carlos alvarez: Nice but not sure if it has it but needs a add to favorite speed setting
- (2014-04-16) Shannon Lau: Perfect - the speed is changed by sliding the button up and down. This button is found on the left side of Youtube videos. It's great because you can speed up Youtube video ads and slow down sports videos. Only concern is that I wish it was capable of playing the video at a slower rate.
- (2014-04-09) ali bhangu: this would be useful but where is the button to speed up the video!??? I have magicactions for youtube also installed
- (2014-04-01) RightSpeed: We're the developers so we're biased... ;^) I should complain that we can do better so really we should give it 4 stars for great, and when we are even better we'll do five! Thanks! If you love RightSpeed tell us in the reviews here!
- (2021-10-17, v:0.0.4.3) Kenneth Jeppesen: It stopped working
Around September, it stopped showing up on youtube. Has something changed?
- (2017-09-05, v:0.0.3.1) Yevheniy Poh: Пропала шкала скорости слева от видео
В сентябре этого года, буквально вчера пропала шкала скорости слева от видео. Расширение пробовал отключать и включать обратно. Не помогло!
- (2017-09-03, v:0.0.1.16) Albert Priori: gives error
Frozen video with Rightspeed in the video and a corrupted piece of the slider on the side. HTML5 is enabled
- (2017-09-01, v:0.0.1.16) Josiah Saari: Seems to be broken in new layout
The slider does not show up for me in chrome on the new YouTube layout.
- (2016-07-16, v:0.0.1.16) daniel Brown: I use YouTube in Hebrew and everything good problem I replace the English YouTube where the video medium size extension is not listed and I can not change the speed of the video it's important for me please fixable? (Even my browser Hebrew it from right to
I use YouTube in Hebrew and everything good problem I replace the English YouTube where the video medium size extension is not listed and I can not change the speed of the video it's important for me please fixable? (Even my browser Hebrew it from right to left and left to right)
- (2016-02-13, v:0.0.1.16) Daisy Stanton: Works for some videos, but not all
Here's a video where the RightSpeed slider doesn't show up for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urrCPMnX65k In addition, the native (quantized) YouTube playback speed doesn't work for that video when RightSpeed is enabled. When I disable RightSpeed, quantized variable playback works properly. Any ideas?
- (2016-01-03, v:0.0.1.16) Ghino: cant uninstall
i cant uninstall it
- (2015-10-09, v:0.0.1.16) Rafael Gonçalves: Make it Default
How can I set a default speed? so that the videos already start at the choosen speed every time I open it
- (2015-10-01, v:0.0.1.16) Lawrence Ting: Port this to Firefox?
Can you port this extension to firefox?
- (2015-04-01, v:0.0.1.14) Claudia Mooij: Browsing History
Why do you require permission to view a user's browser history?
- (2014-10-03, v:0.0.1.13) Steve Laming: Looping
RightSpeed is a great tool, would it be possible to add a loop facility? would make it great for aiding with transcriptions.
- (2014-06-25, v:0.0.1.13) Audrey Sharp: Speed
Can you please have a settings option where we can choose a default speed?