Developed by Expert Teachers
Are you looking for a way to efficiently identify grade appropriate reading passages for your students? Look no further, the Lumos Readability Assistant is designed to help you get the readability reports for any web page or document. It also gives you convenient access to a standards-aligned, safe educational search engine, Lumos EdSearch. Key Benefits: 1. Get useful readability metrics based on Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level, Gunning Fog Index, Powers Sumner Kearl Grade, Raygor Readability and Fry Readability 2. Easily assign engaging free grade-appropriate resources to your students 3. Discover thousands of curated standards-aligned resources including questions, videos, apps Popular Uses: 1. Evaluate news articles and passages for appropriate reading level and grade level 2. Get a detailed report on reading attributes such as reading time, word count, sentence count, and more 2. Get a measure of students' reading level using industry leading readability algorithm 3. Measure students' reading proficiency and assign practice accordingly
- (2020-10-23) Morgan: Horrible and useless app. You can only "use" it after registering for a paid Lumos account. What's the point of this?
- (2020-02-06) Steve Price: Completely useless. Does nothing! Do not waste your time on this.
- (2019-03-30) Great tool, Highly Recommend it.
- (2019-03-27) Raghavendra Rao: Highlight the text of any blog/page -> Right click to get the number of words, unique words, noun, conjunction, grade level appropriateness and etc. Very useful!.
- (2019-03-27) Awesome! It's very helpful..
- (2019-03-27) Mukunda Krishnaswamy: Highlight the text -> Right-click to get the grade level appropriateness of any page! Very easy and useful.
- (2019-08-24, v:1.0.3) Ben Davis: Extension doesn't work
I installed the extension, selected some text, right-clicked and selected "Analyze the selected text", but nothing happens.