A chrome extension for customizing highlight color.
Change Highlight background and text-color. It's easy to set the color with the built-in color picker or by copy and pasting color hex codes. Works on pretty much all websites, including Google Docs. Compatible with Dark Reader. -- This extension does not read or handle any user data. https://andreto.github.io/Custom-Highlight/
- (2022-04-01) Lily Note: Not working. Have refreshed. :(
- (2021-11-15) Ali Al Juma: When I highlight something else or refresh a page, my first highlight goes away. No highlight button shown.
- (2021-08-04) Ved Sharma: Works as I wanted, thank you so much!
- (2021-07-22) Bobby Butler: Works on all sites I've tried it on so far (after a refresh)... except the Chrome Web Store itself. I have to admit that made me giggle a little. I even restarted Chrome entirely. No dice. But it's a very small inconvenience. Nice extension.
- (2021-07-08) Robin: I normally highlight text to make it more readable because of the colors, but default highlight colors hurt my head. This is really useful, but you have to reload the page after turning it on.
- (2021-04-29) Alexis “Alex95” Jiang Lan: Hi, I love it!!!! working perfectly, just an opinion, maybe you could add a feature like: "keep original text color", I would like it
- (2021-03-29) euph: It was a little confusing at first, just refreshed though and it's fine. That might be a little tripper though. Very cool.
- (2021-03-16) vivian: it works! however if you want to change the color do refresh the page first, that way the highlight settings are in place. it's functional, not much i can say
- (2020-12-12) Canary BB: Works great on most websites I use. Even on both google docs and sheets.
- (2020-11-11) Devin Dixon: Doesn't work. Try as I might to get it to work, it never did.
- (2020-10-29) Marius Petrut: It worked very well for me !!
- (2020-07-01) ゴンザレズジョセフ: unlike another extention, it works on everything, including txt files. But in this one you have to save it everytime you change a color. Happy it works but could be better, so 50-50
- (2020-06-22) Amine Sidane: Works like a charm! Also saves your settings even if you restart, which is great.
- (2019-11-01) DAVID ESCOBAR: Colors I chose: Highlight Color: #f00 Text Color: #000
- (2019-05-03) Eliza Lurr: I wanted to use this to change the default highlight color in googledocs but this extension only for certain websites. For instance, it doesn't work on this review page or googledocs but it does work if I just google something. Can you please let me know if I'm doing something wrong? Thanks!