Want to add your own sticky notes to any webpage? Docamatic is your solution
Have you ever wanted to keep notes without leaving a specific webpage? Now you can with Docamatic! You are able to create notes that are attached to webpages AND optionally show them ON THE WEBPAGE. A searching feature in the extension allows the user to search for past notes. Once a note pops up, you can click it and it will open the page that contains the note in a new page. The product of Docamatic is changing rapidly and being actively developed. If you have any feedback or feature requests, please reach out to us! Because of the heavy permission that is asked to change data on all websites, when I push an update, it has to be approved by Google. This means it takes 2-3 business days for every update to be pushed through. I am trying to speed up this process so the update happens sooner Permissions: - Edit all data on webpage. This is because the notes are actually inserted into the HTML of the page. You can verify this by opening the developer tools and inspecting the html over the note. I am trying to find a work around for this. If you know how to, I'd be great if you could get in contact with me Known Issues: - The style changes on certain webpages - If you change the size of the note on the left or the top, it will result in the note shifting the next time you view it. - Weird behavior can be had on pages that are SPA's Updates: (January 6th 2020) - New notes are not shown on webpages by default. This is part of a new shift for Docamatic. You can optionally choose to show these notes on the webpages. Positions are still saved - New interface to see notes on current webpage or add note to webpage if none exist - Ability to manage some properties of the notes in the popup (such as delete, the title, body, whether it is favorited, and toggle visibility on webpage) (December 31st 2020) - Added grouping dates by second, minute, hour, or day - Improved consistent styles of notes across websites (December 22nd 2020) - Added sorting notes by URL and date added - Added a feedback when uninstalling the application - Updated a few colors (December 21st 2020) - Fixed long titles displaying funky in popup - Added more support for keeping note styles on more pages - Added URL preview on popup - Fixed editing title cursor jump bug (December 20th 2020) - Added support for notes rendering on SPA (Single Page Application). Some issues still exist and will be fixed in the coming weeks (December 13th 2020) - Fixed bugs related to the cursor jumping around if you edited text not at the end. (March 28 2020) - App size is much smaller (May 10 2019) - Redesigned pop up menu to include a settings page. - Added feedback box to the settings menu - Redesigned the logo (Feb 10 2019) - Color updates to correct color on picker - Size of the note is saved - Bolded titles on the search - Restyled the popup menu to fit a better overall theme (June 5 2019) - Added top bar for dragging - Add resizing on any side (October 18th 2019) - Updated Note UI as well as Popup UI - Added a heart feature (to heart your notes) - Added a view all notes (as soon as you enter in) *** Updates are coming *** (August 3rd 2019) - Added new error screen when note doesn't place and allows for user feedback Future Updates: - Add a hide all/ show all button to hide/show all the notes with 1 click on a page - Add a pinning feature meaning a note is pinned to every page you navigate to - Be able to set preferences such as to show new notes by default on page, change default note colors, etc - Allow images to be put in the text area - Persisted notes across uninstalls - More consistent styling and features If you would like to help contribute to this project, please reach out to me. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions; please feel free to email me. [email protected] If you would like to donate to support this application, donate at this link buymeacoff.ee/MaHYC5c1d
- (2021-02-13) daw3irdo: I really enjoy the app, it helps me manage all my works easier. Some requests: - More color choices. Possibly make the entire note that color instead of just the top of the note. - Every time I try to write an email, (I'm not sure if it affects anything else) the notes disappear. I'm not sure if that's just a bug, but I would appreciate it if you could look into that.
- (2021-02-11) Mark F: Works great except I have to disable my ad-blocker for it to work (using uBlock Origin) - any suggestions for getting around this? Hate to disable my ad-block for things like YouTube
- (2021-02-03) jatan shah: After trying so many diff tools, landed on this one. Works on all sites and is absolutely frictionless. Overall super useful, loved it!
- (2021-01-25) Michael Bannon: I've tried several other sticky note extensions but the notes all either show up only intermittently on the page or even disappear altogether. Docamatic works exactly as advertised. The best I've tried.
- (2021-01-03) Mitchell Hagler: How do I relocate a sticky note on a webpage. It creates the note in the upper left hand corner and I can't seem to move it.
- (2020-11-16) Sorin Albu: It's cool, it is a list with all notes, but I can see what site belongs that only if I click and go there, plus I wanted to delete some notes and again I couldn't till Im opening that note .
- (2020-08-13) Penny Foriathotts: Seems alright but wont work for me as I need notes to stay on one page, not show on every page of the domain.
- (2020-08-01) Sanjida Shaheed: I like the idea and ease. I have given it 4 starts for this reason. However, I am disappointed that I am unable to stick a note only to a specific web page belonging to a domain instead of having it appear on every page of a particular domain. I would love a fix for this.
- (2020-07-21) Reuven Mansharoff: buggy. cursor position jumps.. annoying
- (2020-07-11) Dr Karen S: This is what I was looking for in a sticky note app for websites. But it's driving me crazy that if I want to edit the note, the cursor jumps to the very end of my comments after every letter inserted into an existing comment. Is there a way to stop this?
- (2020-01-20) Veit Bremen: Hi Joe, I'm happy that you started to programm a new sticky app for chrome as the developer of my favorite app for sticky notes sadly died an the app is not working anymore. There are many users looking for a new solutions now. Maybe you can integrate the cool features of the other app "OurStickys" to your app soon? If you interested I can give you more information about the most important features. Just tell me how I can contact you best. Most important will be the sync between different computers solved bei google drive account. Best regards, Veit
- (2019-08-07) Jeremy Brown: Best Sticky note app EVER!
- (2019-06-12) Wendy Washburn: This sticky notes extension is the easiest and fastest I've tried. Simple to create and search notes. Stable, elegant, and without the clutter that other sticky note extensions have. It just needs the essential ability to show all notes, which the developer says is being worked on.
- (2019-02-05) Karley Manning: Super helpful for students! Glad I found this tool.
- (2019-02-05) Miranda Manning: This is a tool I've been looking for a long time. It's so nice to be able to leave notes on an article page right where I left them. The interface is clean and the extension doesn't take over my browser like some other extensions do.