Automatically closes inactive tabs and makes it easy to get them back
Automatically closes inactive tabs and makes it easy to get them back - Automatically closes idle tabs after designated time - Saves closed tabs, easy to re-open - Chrome sync saves settings between computers - Doesn't close pinned tabs - Lock tabs from closing Similar to AutoClose Tabs, Auto Close Tabs for Firefox. Icons from Fat Cow / famfam fam. More info: https://github.com/sonntag/tabshepherd/blob/master/README.md Release notes: https://github.com/sonntag/tabshepherd/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md Notice: Doesn't save the state of the page -------------------------------------------------------------- It's just like history, when the page is closed, anything you were doing with it is gone. I recommend the lazarus extension if this is a problem for you. If you re-open it, it will be a fresh page. Authors, contributing, etc: -------------------------------------- Homepage for issues, complains, feature requests, contributing: https://github.com/sonntag/tabshepherd Original extension and idea by Jack Angers in 2010. Rewritten by Jacob Singh in 2012. Rewritten and rebranded by Justin Sonntag in 2013. Jacob: Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/jacobsingh Site: http://jacobsingh.name Jack: Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/jacktasia Site: http://jackangers.com/
- (2015-05-20) Know what I'd like to see? Auto-restoring of tabs. I've left the default option to close tabs when they are more than 5. I want an option that when they are less than 5, to start auto restoring them in chronological order. Is it possible?
- (2015-03-24) Paul Francis: It does help me to manage my tabs but the biggest problem I have with it is that once a tab is suspended by Tab Sheperd then all the history for that tab is lost and you can only recover the last page you were on. I would give it 5 stars if I could recover the history for the tab as well.
- (2015-03-08) Slava Syrota: Я так понял это расширенная версия TabWrangler. Вроде как все работает. Не хватает возможности перехода по вкладкам.
- (2014-12-30) Mark P. Kentons: works fine. useful extension. but I miss a key or something to save all tabs as bookmarks (or someting like that)
- (2014-07-20) Em l: I Luv You For Dis, i have like 30 tabs open a day and im only using 20this is amazing and if it closed something i needed, i have it stored! LUV IT!
- (2014-06-30) Brian Fordham: Like the app very much but would like an additional function/feature to tidy several tabs on request instead of keeping them open.
- (2014-03-27) Zheng Shang: Awesome.
- (2013-12-06) Антон Широков: 1) bad synchronization (my closed tabs at corporate Chrome are not equal to my closed tabs on home PC (Google Chrome too). Also: no export feature!!! 2) i'd like you to add a feature: when i put my mouse on a closed tab - your extension shows me URL of closed tab, before i open\restore it.
- (2013-06-14) Definitive must-have, if you tend to have too many tabs.
- (2013-05-26) Tim Reinke: Awesome. I, like many, had Tab Disease. I would keep tabs open because I wanted to remember something. Because I was digging deep into some problem with Google, documentation, forum posts, and everything. Because I just plain open tabs and don't close them as part of a normal browsing process. Then I installed Tab Shepherd. At first, I didn't really get much benefit because, at this point, I had a decent tab management habit. Tab shepherd would close maybe 1 or 2 tabs a day for me. Slowly, 4, 9, 14 tabs total were closed. Then I stopped managing my tabs. This morning, I opened my laptop and saw 47 tabs total have been shepherded. WIthout any effort on my part, all of my use cases were taken care of. If I want to remember something, just keep the tab open like I normally do. Eventually Tab Shepherd will clean it up and I can pull up its helpful history and jog my memory. If I'm digging deep, Tab Shepherd just follows me down my path, cleaning up tabs along the way and holding onto them if I have to backtrack. If I'm just plain old browsing, Tab Shepherd cleans up after me. You should install this app.
- (2013-05-10) Kyle Shanafelt: Awesome productivity app, I don't know how I ever browsed without this. I cannot rate this highly enough.