ChroPath helps to generate and validate selectors like relative xpath with iframe,svg support. It also generate english testcases.
ChroPath generates all possible selectors just by one click. ChroPath can also be used as Editor for selectors. It makes easy to write, edit, extract, and evaluate XPath queries on any webpage. ChroPath Studio helps to record all manual steps along with automation steps. With smart maintenance feature, all xpaths can be verified from script. ChroPath also supports iframe, multi selectors generation, dynamic attributes, generate relative xpath with custom attribute, automation script steps generation. Let us make it very clear that we don't track any user data. Everything runs in your local for this extension. Whatever stats or number of users we get is from the chrome store. Please contact us at [email protected] for support. Instructions: 1. Right-click on the web page, and then click Inspect. 2. In the right side of Elements tab, click on ChroPath tab. Please refer attached screenshot. 3. To generate selectors, inspect element or click on any DOM node, it will generate the unique relative XPath/absolute XPath/CSS selector/linkText/partialLinkText. 4. To evaluate XPath/CSS, type the XPath/CSS query and press enter key. As you enter, it will query in DOM for the relevant element/node. You can view the matching node(s) and nodes value as per their sequential occurrence. A green colour outline appears around to highlight the first matching elements and rest in blue colour in the web page. 5. If you mouse hover on any matching node in the ChroPath tab, green/blue dashed outline will convert into dotted orange red to highlight the corresponding element in the webpage. 6. If the found element is not in visible area on webpage then mouse hover on found node in ChroPath panel will scroll that element in the visible area with dotted orange red outline. 7. If found element is not highlighted but visible then on mouse hover on matching node on ChroPath tab it will highlight element with dotted orange red outline. 8. copy the locators by clicking on copy icon. 9. click on edit icon if want to edit any locator. Change log 6.0- New Features: 1. All possible locators like id, className, name, xpath etc along with the number of occurrences. 2. Unique relative and absolute XPath for SVG elements & SVG child elements. 3. iframe xpath along with element xpath. 4. ChroPath will suggest the relative xpath for user's selector i.e. when user will verify the selector in CP then CP will suggest the unique relative xpath for the first matching node. 5. Automation command with label as well. No more time waste in editing command. 6. Alert for dynamic id/class, meaningful error message and much more. 7. Reset button to set all the default config. 8. ChroPath will save the user attribute and predefined command in local config so next time when user open CP, user doesn't need to waste time and can get last set configuration automatically. 9. Copy all recorded selectors/steps from ChroPath tab itself without downloading xls. 10. Option to generate XPath with and without text. 11. ChroPath Studio. 12. Smart Maintenance.
- (2020-07-03) Ramya desu: I generally use chropath extension. It's really helpful in inspecting the elements for Automation testing. I just need to copy paste unless its some xpath with axes concept. And even when there are any kind of frames it clearly shows that we have that particular object in the frame which is also a good feature to use. It would be cool if we could get even the following , sibling-child etc kind of xpath with respect to context node.
- (2020-07-02) XD XD: best!
- (2020-07-01) Khaja Hussain: review is given before use... good
- (2020-06-30) bikash nayak: I have use this tool but Every where dose not working.50% place not showing the Chro path options.batter than to create the x path and implemented.
- (2020-06-28) Vasiliy Dobrynin: I use this tool a lot and love it !!! Thank you, guys! You are awesome!
- (2020-06-26) Amarnadh Guntur: It is an excellent plugin which is very much helpful in finding locators value in Selenium.An excellent and outstanding one
- (2020-06-25) Kokul S: good
- (2020-06-25) ghee ling oh: Good
- (2020-06-24) Sambit Biswas: Very Helpfull product
- (2020-06-24) Alex Ujjal Karmokar: great help
- (2020-06-23) Geetesh Bhagwan: Not showing Chropath. Sometimes working otherwise not.
- (2020-04-16) Celayix QA Team: Awesome tool. It saves a lot of time in finding locators. Thanks for developing such an awesome tool and passing to community
- (2020-04-16) Sahil Kakkar: Awesome tool...It reduces our time and effort to get the xpath . Really a time saving extension with features like absolute xpath , relative xpath and CSS Selectors etc. Copy xpath shortcut also helps a lot . .... Great job Sanjay sir
- (2020-04-15) Николай Николаевич: GOOD! GOOD!
- (2020-04-14) Saumya Singh: I have been using this extension and found very useful to locate web elements. Very easy to understand for new users. Chropath helps the automation engineers to find the locators on daily work. Thanks for this Sanjay!! Helps a lot.
- (2020-04-14) manoj murali: a life saver for many developers and QA professionals . Hope this software is maintained for a long time .
- (2020-04-14) Mudasir Hussain: Great Innovation in terms of locator extraction.Thank yoy Sanjay for this awesome contribution.
- (2020-04-14) Ravi Shankar Srinivas: Very easy to understand and use for new users.
- (2020-04-12) Aparajita Verma: Excellent tool for automation
- (2020-04-10) SANDEEP KUMAR: Today, I had a rare chance to talk to Sanjay over zoom. He talked to my Super Women in Testing and shared his experience(http://superwit.org). Not only Sanjay has created an awesome tool for the QA Automation community, he is a great humble and inspirational role model for the people who want to learn.
- (2020-04-10) b B: Saves a lot of time. Really cool features Chropath Studio, Smart maintenance. Very useful, good and thought out extension Sanjay and team!
- (2020-04-10) Bhupender Agarwal: Absolutely, no second opinion about this chrome extension, Sanjay, that this is the best extension I have seen so far. It is going to be a huge time saver for all the test automation engineer who fights with huge maintenance overload release over release. Thank you so much for bringing this feature to us. The words are not enough to appreciate your effort.
- (2020-04-09) Neelima Sony: very helpfull
- (2020-04-07) sourabh wadhwa: It made my life easy and of many more like me, who are using this wonderful tool. From creation of locators to verification that too with utmost accuracy. Thanks Sanjay for your great work. Keep it up.
- (2020-04-07) SWX QA: Awesome tool for QA. Thanks Sanjay for developing this. The new features in 6.0 is really helpful, for both manual and automation. GREAT JOB!!
- (2020-06-22, v:6.1.7) TEJAS RATHI: Not able to view chropath even after adding the extension
I have added chropath extension to chrome browser but i m not able to view it in elements tab and also not able to inspect the element. I am using chrome browser version 83.0.4103.61
- (2020-06-15, v:6.1.5) Siri B: Download Failed
Hi , I have tried to download the Chropath to my Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115,however when clicked on Add to Chrome button, it shows as "An error has occurred" ,"Download interrupted" and the download failed-no file is found. It used to work 3 months ago but I now having trouble in downloading the file.Can you please help? Thanks
- (2020-06-11, v:6.1.5) Anu Anupama: Can provide option to choose relative path in context with 'Following-sibling','preceding-sibling, 'parent' options
Hi Sanjay, This tool is very very useful and efficient for automation. Great job. This tool saves lot of time of automation. I am not able to edit and find the relative path with 'following-sibling','preceding-sibling' and 'parent' options. Can you provide a easy way to use these commands.
- (2020-06-09, v:6.1.5) Madhu Basavaraja: Unable to find ChroPath post theme change on Chrome 83
Hi, I'm unable to find ChroPath chrome83. I did theme change, but still no luck. Please look into the issue. Previous version of ChroPath was working fine on Chrome83. Thanks & Regards, Madhu B
- (2020-06-03, v:6.1.5) German Molina: Problems!
I'cant see Chropath, its Not able to see chropath by pressing F12
- (2020-06-02, v:6.1.5) Sushma Pothamsetti: Not able to see chropath by pressing F12
Not able to see chropath by pressing F12
- (2020-05-15, v:6.1.4) Akshay Vasava: New Permissions : Browsing history
I am unable to figure out why ChroPath needs permission for reading a user's browsing history? Can someone please highlight why is it needed??
- (2019-11-04, v:5.0.9) Rahul Tomar: Unable to generate the xpath using chropath
Hi Sanjay/Team, we have a website which we have to automate but there are more then 100 radio button on one page and we have to select each radio button depends on it's description like we have "discontinuedByVendor" radio button for true/false ,"institutional" radio button for true/false. Here we are facing the issue that Id is changing after each page refresh and class is also not unique. I tried with chropath as well but it is not giving any relative or absolute xpath also css. Below is the message that we are getting:- Rel XPath :- It might be child of svg/pseudo/comment/iframe from different src. XPath doesn't support for them. Abs XPath :- It might be a child of iframe from different src & it is not supported currently. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks Rahul
- (2019-11-01, v:5.0.8) hari nath: not able see chropath tab in Elements tab
not able see chropath tab in Elements tab
- (2019-10-31, v:5.0.8) Pavan K: Can't see the features after adding to chrome
I didn't seen the xpath,css after adding it to the chrome, can you please help in fixing the issue ? Thank You
- (2019-08-30, v:5.0.7) Saran Bala: Getting error in downloading ChroPath
- (2019-08-22, v:5.0.7) Lea Gary: The ChroPath in the chrome developer's tool has an incorrect display
In my chrome browser, the chropath tools are all squashed together
- (2019-08-20, v:5.0.7) anoop: Not able to see Chropath on the development tool ribbon
Hello, I added the Chropath extension to my google Chrome. Re-started the chrome. But still not able to see the chropath when inspecting an element on google chrome. I am not sure, if i can attach a screenshot here of my screen.
- (2019-07-19, v:5.0.5) Mc.雨季: Interface incompatibility
Google Browser 75.0.3770.100 version, installation of this plug-in interface is incompatible, not fully displayed
- (2019-07-10, v:5.0.4) Sriharsha Kota: How do we find xpaths on mobile?
Hi Sanjay, I am currently automating my web based application on mobile device using Appium. How can Chropath help me to find out the elements/xpaths? Thanks.
- (2019-07-08, v:5.0.4) anusha mano: driver.findElement(By.xpath("It might be a child of svg/pseudo/comment/iframe from different src. XPath doesn't support for them."))
Hi Sanjay, The web application I create Selenium automation against uses iFrames. Chropath doesn't give the xpath is such scenarios, it says:driver.findElement(By.xpath("It might be a child of svg/pseudo/comment/iframe from different src. XPath doesn't support for them.")) Could you please help on this?
- (2019-05-09, v:5.0.3) Lipi Jain: Not able to see XPath
Hi , I have added chropath and getting this messge "It might be a child of svg/pseudo/comment/iframe from different src. XPath doesn't support for them."