Download Metalinks from a Page
Metalink Downloader is the first Chrome extension download manager, like DownThemAll! for Firefox, and it supports Metalinks. Metalinks are a way to automatically improve downloads by giving download apps access to mirror and hash information. Metalinks are automatically caught by MD. Right click and select "Download this file" to force MD to catch the download. All downloads are saved to your default Chrome download location (see Chrome's Settings). Click "options" in the extension to enable SaveAs to other locations, or change the number of total downloads, downloads per server, chunk size, or to report bugs.
- (2019-12-29) Daniel De Leon: Do not wast your time on this... :-(
- (2019-05-10) Sami Serola: It shows like it is trying to download, but then all downloads fail. Tried it on Chrome 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit) at ipernity web site.
- (2018-06-20) Jean Berthomieu: Downloaded Three times a Linux distro, and could not find where it did put it (if any !)... BTW the "famous" option "Save as" never asks anything!
- (2018-01-31) Bryan Bohn: Doesn't work, at least not when I try to download through Ipernity, and that's what I need it for. Saving to a specific location never worked either. Sucks.
- (2017-08-06) Martin Grillo: ich habe nicht verstanden, was das Plugin können soll. Es kann einen Link zur eigenen Website anbieten, aber beim Download (ich wollte zu einer index.html alle verlinkten html Seiten derselben Domain herunterladen) ist es keine Hilfe. Solche Plugins machen das Leben schlechter.
- (2017-04-04) 統雄老師臺大數位文創: No use at all. Waste my time. So I leave this warning to save your time.
- (2016-12-29) Boris Baran: It is useful, but when I click on a link to a metalink file, the extension should give an indication, that it did successfully started the download of the file.
- (2016-09-05) Palindr0m3 me: This program worked as advertised for me. I set connections to max and was able to download a single file via multi-threading at 8-10 MB/sec vs 1-2 MB/sec with a single-thread. This is exactly what I was looking for!! Well done Ant Bryan.
- (2016-06-27) kouraichi maher: not working
- (2016-05-15) Nick Girard: Does not do what it says, and is NOTHING like downthemall.
- (2016-04-22) Nickolay Cherney: Forgets all downloads which are in progress if chrome closed and opened again. Also I don't see downloaded file (app shows 100% progress) on my filesystem).
- (2016-03-12) Elbee: not the same as downthemall
- (2016-03-05) Günther Bosch: After rightclick on the link and selecting "Download this file" the Download starts. But when reaching 100% is stops and says "Failed" No chance to retry. Using chrome 48.0.2564.116 m
- (2016-01-20) Christian Schwarz: Miserabel. Das Addon mit DownThemALL für Firefox zu vergleichen ist schon fast unverschämt.....
- (2015-11-08) Andrew Edelstein: Does absolutely nothing. As in NOTHING. Just opens a dialog box that says it found nothing to download. (Edited: Comment about settings tab was for a different extension, which does work... badly. I had the two confused.)
- (2015-08-04) Thomas Wagner: not working in any case - i tried several sites and file formats
- (2015-03-24) Антон Назаров: Ugly interface, but it's the interesting way to accelerate downloads inside Chrome by multi-threading. I don't know any alternative for now.
- (2015-03-17) Коротков Виталий: + Отличный многопоточный загрузчик, единственный качает в 10 потоков. - нет интеграции/замены стандартному
- (2015-02-20) Downloaded one file, was barely as fast as normal downloading (1MBps) and when done, saved the file as what appeared to be some hash and was unreadable, even after changing its name from gobbledygook to *.zip (which was the filetype downloaded).
- (2014-12-02) Adam Johnson: I am an Network Admin for a Wireless ISP. This app works well for what it is intended to do. It does not REPLACE the current download setup in Chrome. Which is what I was looking for. In order to take advantage of its features, in the settings, change all of the settings to their MAX (some experiementing for your specific connection should be done as well). Due to the type of medium of our internet service (Fixed Wireless), single download streams do not take advantage of the full bandwidth available. Speeds went from 180KB/s to 2.2MB/s thanks to the multiple streams. We are reccommending this software to our clients on our facebook and twitter feed. Suggestions: The downloads do randomly crash at times, and the save as feature does not work. The ability to access a history after the immediate downloads are cleared.
- (2014-11-07) Sói đói vô đối: There are no way to open the file after i downloaded
- (2014-11-02) André Verwijs: works great!! :)
- (2014-08-14) Aleksey Nikitin: вообще не работает
- (2014-08-05) Adrian Urbański: only working part of MD is installing into Chrome and thats it, tested on different sites and links, at best download is failed
- (2014-07-04) Helio Clemente: Not usefull at all. Doesn't work
- (2019-05-10, v:0.5.4) Sami Serola: Current status
It would be nice to hear if Metalink Downloader is still supposed to work. Can't get anything downloaded at ipernity web site on Chrome 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit). And if the project is abandoned, then it would be better to remove this extension from Chrome Web Store.
- (2017-08-07, v:0.5.4) Ben Lutgens: totally broken.
Seems to go through the motions of downloading a file, but the file doesn't exist anywhere on the hard disk. Option to "prompt for save location" seems to not function at all.
- (2015-09-22, v:0.5.4) Jero Dayne: compatibility issue
not working in the latest chrome
- (2014-06-13, v:0.5.4) Johannes Kalliauer: Download time instead of modified time
You say: "like DownThemAll! for Firefox" But I'm not able to find this Option: "Set file time to last modified time(server)" I don't want to have the creation date saved. Also I didn't finde the option to download all files of a page.
- (2013-08-25, v:0.5.4) love grover: File
where it saves the downloaded file?
- (2013-05-15, v:0.5.4) Mehmet Şen: Save As do not work
my chrome version 27.0.1453.81 beta-m Although Save As is ticked in options pane, downloads are started immediately without a save as dialog.
- (2012-12-28, v:0.5.3) Peter Alexander: Downloaded file cannot be found
Hello Dev, Great extension, BUT.... 1. The setting "Enable SaveAs" is not functioning. I am not being prompted when I right click to save my file. 2. The downloaded file is not appearing in the default download folder (even though the above is enabled). Otherwise, great extension though somewhat unusable at present. Please advise if you will up date the extention? Thanks Peter