This extension displays the collection and block IDs on Squarespace pages to use in custom CSS
This extension makes it easy to find the Collection (page) and Block IDs on Squarespace sites, so you don't have to dig through the source code to find them. Click on the ID overlay buttons to automatically copy the ID to your clipboard. This is useful when writing custom CSS for specific pages on Squarespace without wanting to code in Developer Mode. Enjoy!
- (2021-07-28) Patricia Dowdy: Doesn't work for me at all.
- (2021-02-24) Melissa Gaviria: Very useful! The only thing not working correctly so far is the copy to clipboard functionality, as I have to click several times for it to work, and when it does, it opens the edit mode, so I have to go back after coping the ID. I'm on a M1 MacBook Air, maybe that's why.
- (2021-02-04) nick du preez: Was great until it stopped working
- (2021-02-02) Spencer Whiteman: It seems as if clicking the block id copies the id and you can't seem to "uncopy" it. I've tried clicking other block id's and the first one I ever have clicked stays copied to my clipboard. Now I am manually typing in the id for the other blocks if I want to target them, not sure what that bug is all about.
- (2021-01-20) Esther Arias: I loved this extension, but suddenly it stop working :((((((((((((
- (2020-11-29) Kitley D: OMG. This is a lifesaver and must-have if you use Squarespace. As a graphic designer, trying to customize my portfolio website in Squarespace was driving me nuts! But this is just so so so helpful to find the block IDs so I can make my changes in the Custom CSS. Thank you so much!
- (2020-09-21) Kerryn Bolton: Not working in Squarespace 7.0
- (2020-06-30) Jeanne Marcarelli McCann: Doesn't work with squarespace 7.1
- (2020-03-11) Victor Saporta: appears broken with squarespace 7.1
- (2020-02-13) Tom Delor: this extension is broken now, it doesn't show anything
- (2019-12-12) Elisabeth Freitag: Wirklich super und auch für Laien geeignet!
- (2019-12-08) Kate Scott: I'm a Squarespace designer and this extension makes doing my job SO MUCH EASIER. Honestly, it's just the best thing ever. My heartfelt thanks to the developer.
- (2019-08-09) Andy Barr: Brilliant. Very useful. Thanks.
- (2019-06-20) Arizona Filmes: Thanks, great time saver!
- (2019-04-29) Sam Jordan: One of the best extensions ever made for web designers. Such a useful, elegant solution.
- (2019-04-27) Kerstin Martin: BEST TOOL EVER. And I rarely shout about stuff. Thank you so much for developing this and for your generosity in offering it for free!
- (2019-01-24) Sean Sweeney: This is a MUST HAVE for an actual enjoyable experience customizing your site. Please make this for Firefox!
- (2017-11-24) Dan Kirk: Immensely helpful when customizing Squarespace sites for yourself or clients. Thanks Brian C!
- (2017-11-21) Lesley Olley: This saved me such a lot of faffing around looking for block IDs! Thanks!
- (2017-08-10) Marshall B: Such a time saver!
- (2017-01-13) Curtis Miller: Can't believe I'm just finding this now! Does exactly what it was designed for. Now if there is an extension that displays the element class identifier to use in the CSS editor that would be priceless.
- (2017-01-12) Chris Gannon: Sometimes you just want something to do one job brilliantly. This does that.
- (2016-07-26) Anastasi Kotoros: this is perfect. thanks.
- (2016-02-23) This makes it so much easier to make css changes to my Squarespace site... even for a newbie like me. I'm not a developer, I'm just someone who knows how to Google the code I'm looking for. This makes it even easier to add code to my Squarespace site without needed to hire a developer.
- (2015-10-16) Tiki Horea: Great stuff! Invaluable tool for doing Custom CSS changes to your Squarespace website.
- (2015-09-11) Lars Rodvaldr: Excellent little tool for finding IDs in Squarespace. Makes writing custom CSS so much easier.
- (2021-04-24, v:0.0.5) Rebecca Milnes: Blocks not appearing
I'm using Squarespace 7.1 and the blocks aren't appearing when I try to launch the extension. I've seen other comments from other users about it not being compatible with SS 7.1 is that correct? Thank you.
- (2021-03-12, v:0.0.5) Amy Kaye: No IDS shown
I'm not getting any feedback after enabling this extension. Do you have any additional tutorials for troubleshooting? Can't seem to get this to work...thanks! A
- (2021-01-20, v:0.0.5) bobby lapointe: Change to squarespace causing copy function not to work
It seems there has been a change to squarespace 7.0 that causes the plugin to not be copied on click in design or custom CSS mode. It looks like there is a layer above it or or something. I can see the number and when I inspect the element it looks like the number your plugin provides is accurate. However, the only way to copy is to back out of design / custom css mode and go back to pages and then click to copy. I think this could be solved if I was able to select the block ID with my cursor in and copy rather than click to copy. Apologies if I am not making sense but your plugin has been a lifesaver for me and without it my workflow is horrible, I am hoping it is an easy fix for you that you would be willing to update. Thank you!
- (2020-11-10, v:0.0.5) Megan Hryndza: Chrome Extension no longer working on my 7.0 site..
... ideas on how to fix?
- (2020-08-20, v:0.0.5) RISHIKA BHANSALY: block id doesnt pop up
hey i have tried a couple of times the block id doesnt pop up ! on my windows 7
- (2020-06-02, v:0.0.5) Jay Schneller: Does not work on 7.1 Square space
No block Ids are popping up and I check reviews other people are having trouble with this extension working on 7.1
- (2020-04-11, v:0.0.5) David Trim: Block Identifier Button doesn't seem to work
I am a non-developer who has successfully implemented a number of code additions on my 7.0 SquareSpace site and am excited to use your tool. I have successfully loaded your button on my toolbar, but cannot make anything happen when I click it within my SS development site. I select the content block, usually in "Pages," view it in Page edit and image edit or text edit modes. Still nothing. What am I doing wrong?
- (2020-02-26, v:0.0.5) Shawna McNary: 7.1 Squarespace
Hey, I don't think this extension works with 7.1; possible to upgrade it?
- (2020-02-06, v:0.0.5) Kamal Mostofi: The extension doesn't show
Hi, I installed the plugin, refresh the page and I cannot see the B button or the extension on the page. I am using Squarespace 7.1 Please advice. Kam
- (2019-09-27, v:0.0.5) Candace Hanna: Nothing coming up when i click
hi, i've added the extension but when i click it it doesn't give me any block info. nothing happens. ive added and removed the extension several times to no avail. any ideas?
- (2018-12-19, v:0.0.5) David Shaum: Extension not working
When I click the extension, it is not showing blocks.
- (2018-06-18, v:0.0.5) Emily Revell: Not opening once added to chrome
When I click on the extension icon nothing happens. Please advise fix or process refund
- (2018-03-30, v:0.0.5) extension is not working
no ids are displayed at all clicking on the extension icon does nothing
- (2018-01-16, v:0.0.5) Not Opening once added to Chrome
Using mac OS hs with chrome 63.0.3239.132 and the extension won't open at all.
- (2018-01-11, v:0.0.5) Used to work
Used to work great, but now when I click the B button, it no longer displays any block information. Tried re-installing the extension multiple times (Chrome, Mac OS HS) Help?
- (2017-01-23, v:0.0.5) Christina Tarkoff: block id
Hi: I installed the extension it indicates the block-yui. Is there anyway to get the actual block number, not the yui?
- (2016-06-24, v:0.0.5) Paula Washington: block-yui
It only identifies block-yui. Can I use these or do they change everytime the site is refeshed like yui do? thanks, Paula
- (2016-04-05, v:0.0.5) Tarique Zaman: Trial Site
Will this work on a website that is still in trial mode (either logged in as the owner or as a visitor)? When I press the black "B" button it appears to do nothing. Thanks in advance for your help!
- (2016-02-27, v:0.0.5) Cheeky Jeska: as above
I'm having similar problems to what has previously been mentioned.... i need to edit coding and wanted a quick and easy way to reference code blocks whilst working on the SQSP web pages... can this be done???