Makes your existing server live. This is a browser extension that helps you to live reload feature for dynamic pages
Live Server - Makes your existing server live - this is a Web Extension that helps you to live reload feature for dynamic content (PHP, Node.js, ASPNET -- Whatever, it doesn't matter). This extension is for Live Server (VSCode Extension - required v3.0.0+). You have to install Live Server extension for vscode in order to use this Add On. Follow this link to setup : https://github.com/ritwickdey/live-server-web-extension#setup Demo : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ritwickdey/live-server-web-extension/master/img/screenshots/live-server-web-extension.gif
- (2021-02-05) Ing. Cătălin-Dorian Ionescu: For those that VS Code extension does not work, install this too. It worked for me.
- (2021-01-14) Zihad Hosan: Just awesome! Thank you :)
- (2021-01-10) Paul Ramura: Well, here is something that may help some people who are struggling setting up this extension. 1. Install live server extension on VS Code 2. Install browser extension 3. Install PHP server if needed and make sure it's running before going to next steps 4. Open VS Code and then click on Go Live at the bottom of VS Code 5. Once you clicked on go live, it will open a new tab on your browser. Now copy the address showing in your browser address bar. It will be something like this (http://127.0.0.1:3000/), this address may vary, depend on your settings. Okay, now click on the browser extension and add this whole address (including HTTP) under the Liver Server Address on browser extension. Also, make sure you have the correct folder path to your project under the Actual Server Address on browser extension, before saving the settings in browser extension. 6. Now restart your browser, VS Code, open the file in VS Code to edit before hitting the Go Live button, and then click on Go Live at the bottom of VS Code 7. The page it will open, it will not be the correct page so, now type in your local server address (path to the project folder such as... http://localhost/myproject/) manually and type the file name at the end such as http://localhost/myproject/index.php or which ever file you want to edit. Then hit enter, and it will open the file and now when you update your file in VS Code, it will update live in your browser too. I know, we should not have to enter the file manually and would be nice VS Code should open it automatically but, it's still better than refreshing the page all the time. By the way if someone else has any better info then please share with all of us and make the life easier. Also, thanks to this extension developer who has come up with this great idea!
- (2020-11-14) Akachi: bro whoever you are your awesome. it's good that you have gotten recognized by most html coders out there thank you. Your a legend to me and the rest of the code community. five stars!
- (2020-10-22) Alif Irhas: Very good extension, you didn't even update it and it's still great. thank you for your work, this will really help me.
- (2020-08-04) Esta: Работает отлично.
- (2020-03-15) Dorian Zapała: Give another icon when 'live reload' is off, please
- (2019-11-15) Josh Magee: CSS not updating in Chrome 78.0.3904.97 on Mac. Any suggested ideas/fixes?
- (2019-11-12) Rey C: Awesome, works like a charm.
- (2019-09-25) Saeideh Mardan: It doesn't work with php frameworks like laravel :( I tried people's suggestions and fixes but still no way to get it to live update my page. It goes to an infinite loop and you have to uncheck the live reload, then check it back again. It also prevents the page to navigate to another one. So strange.
- (2019-08-11) Venkataramana E: Working for me!
- (2019-07-09) Jason Verbenec: It was working until the update now it doesn't work at all.
- (2019-07-01) Adam Salah: working great!
- (2019-05-30) Jens Törnell: There are a few steps to walk through but when all is set it works perfect. https://github.com/ritwickdey/live-server-web-extension/blob/master/docs/Setup.md
- (2019-05-23) SkuraZZ: Works like a charm.
- (2019-05-13) LightSteelGaming: Works Great in my Chrome Browser :)
- (2019-02-07) Juan Camilo: Excelente! Me ha funcionado como esperaba.
- (2019-01-29) Dony9324: No encontré por ningún lado como configurarla necesitaba para un sitio con php utilizo xampp y pongo la ip local 127.0.0.1 le doy apply pero no funciona
- (2018-11-12) Sai Charan: Pretty useful extension. Thanks, ritwickdey!
- (2018-09-09) aladious H: Works!!
- (2018-08-25) Jose Duran: Not working with Windows 10 64 bit and Chrome 68.0.3440.106
- (2018-08-21) Maurici Abad Gutierrez: Brilliant
- (2018-07-14) Tariq Qureshi: The browser needs to switch to the file being edited in the editor.
- (2018-02-02) Mike: Doesn't work unfortunately. There's no option to select a specific php file to open in visual studio code, also there's no tutorial how to set it up.
- (2018-01-29) Peter Kim: Fantastic plug in that works well with the Liveserver extension.
- (2017-12-18) Brent Pappas: A little confusing to set up initially if used for dynamic web pages using php, but a very helpful tool once it is configured :)