Take screenshot of any HTML element on a webpage.
Element Screenshot =============== This is a Chrome extension which will take screenshot of any HTML element in a webpage. Click the camera icon in the URL bar, hover over the element you want to capture and click to take the screenshot. This extension was originally developed by Robinson and available here (which is not maintained anymore): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/element-capture/kabgnkphidokfocflfangphgdjhkknjg My version is a bug fixed version of the original.
- (2019-12-28) Happy Fone: Doesn't even do anything...
- (2019-12-03) Jesús Cruz: Gave it incognito and file URLs permissions. Still, the icon never shows in address bar. Clicking the extension icon just opens the context menu. Conclusion: doesn't work.
- (2019-09-21) 张京: 非常有用！2019年依然可以使用！
- (2018-12-19) Marie Berghuis: My computer runs Windows 10 & MS office 2003. After I copy the item by right clicking, it wont paste into Word immediately, but if I go to Edit, paste special, it pastes the picture. Also I can move the picture anywhere on the page, plus resize it. Thank you for this extension! Works immediately with pasting it into Libre Office Writer, which is equivalent to MSWord. Also runs perfectly on Linux.
- (2018-10-07) ngzero: Can't handle dom elements that are not visible (need scrolling).
- (2018-02-07) SA RA: bad
- (2017-12-04) Vitaliy Kupets: Does not work at all
- (2017-11-20) Raval Maharshi: Its good idea to shot the screen on a specific area, but it does not work the area inside of the IFrame.
- (2017-09-14) Paul Hammant: I thought it would take snapshots where the element has gone off the bottom of the page. It does not. I'll continue to use my regular screen-shot app.
- (2017-09-06) Doesn't work well. It takes a screenshot but it doesn't highlight the element correctly which causes all screenshots to be of the wrong area. - Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 - Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
- (2017-07-11) 田舍汉: Does not work at all. The icon is grey and left click it gets me the right click menu.
- (2017-05-24) Eugene Gryaznov: Perfect.
- (2017-05-10) Ja Turna: Parfect Man!!
- (2017-04-24) Thibault L: Don't work always but good when it does.
- (2017-03-29) chandrakanth ch: Works great! Thanks
- (2017-03-15) Vince Pale Jr: I wasn't able to get this extension to work. I'm on Chrome 57 on Windows 10, with a 4k screen. Please reply if you need any additional info, or if there's an update which may fix my issues.
- (2017-02-19) Gökhan Yiğit: Super nice, very handy!
- (2016-12-07) Raven ise: Excellent extension, works great! 5 stars.
- (2016-11-21) Yaser Ahmady: I finally found the extension I wanted for so long. This takes precise screenshots of web elements. If you're a designer you can already tell how useful this is. Great job Tahin! ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☽ ☆ ☆ ☆
- (2016-10-17) Paul Sullivan: Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for to combine with another tool I made for work to display responsive previews.
- (2016-09-28) László Márai: Only captures the visible part of the element. Which makes it kind of useless, because if I wanted this, I could just use my normal screenshot capturing tool.
- (2016-04-08) Marián Hello: From all screenshot extensions this is the best. It's sleek and very powerful. As element you choose can be literally any element, it allows you to take screenshots of regions of the page. No ugly UIs either. Love it. The only thing I'm missing are full page screenshots.
- (2016-03-19) Victor Bustos: wow very useful and convenient!
- (2016-03-02) Dave Land: So far, so good: very convenient, HTML-smart way to capture elements exactly.
- (2015-12-10) Arboury Lee: Great, works as expected! 太好了，与期望一致！
- (2019-01-29, v:1.1) Jorgen Sorensen: Please confirm, this plugin does not copy any data to the internet - the screenshot is kept entirely on the local machine, not uploaded
I want to make sure that any sensitive or proprietary images are not being copied, shared, or stolen.
- (2018-08-31, v:1.1) Eugene Gryaznov: Selecting several elements
It would be nice to select several elements if they go one after another.
- (2018-06-15, v:1.1) Felipe Vásquez: JPG?
Is there any way to change the default format from png to jpg? Great extension by the way.
- (2018-02-22, v:1.1) Павел: Hidden elements
There are problems with elements that are visible but not in the viewport.
- (2018-01-13, v:1.1) Mohamed Jebali: Copy to clipboard
It would be awesome if this was to have an option to allow copying directly to clipboard I can then paste the screenshot in my image editor directly
- (2017-08-07, v:1.1) Anuj Singh: A 1px white line on Top of the screenshots
In some cases the line appears on TOP and in some cases on either four sides. You can check the screenshot here : http://i.imgur.com/G1qF215.png Left and bottom white borders on this sshot. That said, really appreciate you making this useful thing.
- (2016-06-13, v:1.1) Dave Land: Allow access to file URLs
Please add the ability to capture elements on file URLs: it would be handy while prototyping web pages for design and development work.
- (2016-04-08, v:1.1) Marián Hello: Select element by query as alternative to mouse
It would be nice if element can be selected by document querySelector: Example: document.querySelector(".myclass"); In case multiple elements are returned, user could choose from the list.
- (2016-04-08, v:1.1) Marián Hello: Full page screenshot
Full page screenshot, would make this extensions by far the best.
- (2016-04-06, v:1.1) Dave Land: Expand selection by "climbing the tree"
Once in selection mode (with the red rectangle, I would appreciate a way to "broaden" the selection so that I can snapshot ancestors of the hovered element. It's not always possible, for example, to select a whole table, because it only highlights the frontmost element, usually a cell. Perhaps keyboard control (arrow keys while the mouse is over an element) could climb from the hovered element all the way to the body element?