Development tools used internally at Streak.
Streak Developer Tools (for BigQuery) ------------------------------------------------------- The Streak BigQuery Developer Tools (SBDT) is a chrome extension that currently adds functionality to BigQuery (see features below) and in the future will add other tools used internally at Streak.com BigQuery Tools ---------------------- 1. Graph Results of a Query The SBDT extension lets you graph the results of a query. The button appears next to the download as csv button. It currently only graphs the current results on screen, in a future release it will graph all results. It expects the first column to be a date and every other column after that to be a number. 2. Query Across Datasets Simply select "Query Dataset" and the query box will be filled in for you with all the tables in the dataset. 3.Show Cost of Each Query Added the ability to see how much each query that you ran costs. Once the query completes, we added the cost (in US cents) next to the summary status of the query. The cost is calculated based on $0.035/GB processed. 4. Expand Multi-line Results The SDT allows you to click on any result row and expand it to show multi-line strings. Simply click on the row number in the results table to toggle multi-line on and off. In order to put multi-line strings into BigQuery, make sure that your line endings are '\r' and not '\n' as those aren't supported by BigQuery. 5. Automatically Convert Timestamps to Human Readable Format AppEngine and BigQuery store timestamps as epoch time which is great for computers and computation, but not so good for a human to read. The extension automatically finds, parses and replaces epoch timestamps with a human friendly date/time rendering. 6. Insert All Columns into SELECT Statements Sometimes you want to select every column in your query but typing each of them out manually takes time especially for tables with a large number of columns. In the schema description for a table, you'll see a new yellow field called "Add All Columns" which you can press to insert all of the column names into your query.
- (2017-01-12) Tokuhiro Matsuno: Awesome extension!
- (2015-06-04) Peter Finlay: For the costing alone, I love this extension. Let alone the CSV extraction and simple graphing. A++++++ would trade again
- (2014-10-03) Jānis Ķesteris: Great, but the query cost is not accurate.
- (2014-08-28) Leandro A. Mello: Ótimo, mas ainda estou aprendendo a usar-lo. Leandro A. Mello
- (2014-06-16) John Carpenter: great app!
- (2013-11-16) Huseyn Guliyev: This is great. Hopefully more will be added. Thanks
- (2013-10-28) Vadim Solovey: Excellent!
- (2016-09-19, v:3.6) Haipeng Su: showed too many rows
Hi, Thank you very much for developing this handy tools and I love all the functions except showing too many rows. Is there any way to disable that single feature so that I can view the result in the next page rather than scroll down the web page to the deep end?
- (2016-04-08, v:3.3) Cody Watson: Cost is in cents
The cost shown is in cents rather than dollars.
- (2015-09-11, v:3.0) Tim M: Problems With UI?
I have logged into my BigQuery account, but i am not seeing the additional options choices.
- (2015-09-05, v:3.0) Extension not working
I've installed the Streak BigQuery extension in chrome, but I don't see any change to the BigQuery user interface. I checked that the extension is enabled in chrome.
- (2014-05-20, v:2.1) Graham Polley: pricing doesn't reflect new tiers
Hi Guys, When will you updating the cost feature to reflect the latest changes by Google i.e. $5 a TB and not $35. Thanks, Grahm
- (2014-05-16, v:2.1) Parser bug
Great job with the chrome extension. I've reported the bug here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23703526/steak-bigquery-chrome-extension-parser-bug